How do I become an HHA in the state of Florida?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Ariel Fishburn in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

Attend a course in Florida that offers an HHA program and complete at least 75 hours of training. This isn't a requirement to become an HHA for all HHA agencies, but it will help you improve your chances of obtaining HHA employment. Call the public vocational technical school or private career education school in your area to see if they offer hha courses.

Volunteer for a home healthcare agency in your area. Your tasks could involve accompanying an HHA on a job, preparing an HHA's resources or doing administrative work. Volunteering will give you valuable experience that is attractive to an employer.

Compose a resume that details your academic and professional background in home healthcare.

Apply to a home healthcare agency or nurse registry with your resume and proof of training. If you've completed at least 75 hours of training, the agency will ask you to complete a competency evaluation, which is usually a written and verbal test. A nurse registry requires that you provide documentation of successful completion of at least 40 hours of training.

I found that www.floridahhaonline.com was an affordable and easy way to attain your goal. I suggest you check them out. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (91) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Taylor made in White Plains, New York

53 months ago

Be careful of HHA Training online. They aren't always legit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Ritz in Zellwood, Florida

15 months ago

How do I know what training programs are legit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

K E in New Haven, Connecticut

14 months ago

If anyone is even remotely considering relocating to ANY city in Florida, please due your due diligence, by making sure that you have completed at least 40 hours of Home Health Aide training, BEFORE, relocating to Florida.

Make sure that you have required in-services completed such as HIV training, Domestic Violence, Alzheimer's training, CPR, and First aide. Most of these trainings can be completed on a website called RN.org. Florida is very different, and strict, and you can save yourself a lot time and disappointment, by having these certifications completed.

If not, you will be limited to working in an assisted living facility, where you will have to do a lot of work, for very little pay.

Hope this helps. Much success and blessings to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

K E in New Haven, Connecticut

14 months ago

Ritz in Zellwood, Florida said: How do I know what training programs are legit?

I do not know what type of trainings that you are looking for, but RN.org is definitely legitimate, in terms of completing any healthcare related CEUs.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Jackson, New Jersey

9 days ago

Ariel Fishburn in Tampa, Florida said: Attend a course in Florida that offers an HHA program and complete at least 75 hours of training. This isn't a requirement to become an HHA for all HHA agencies, but it will help you improve your chances of obtaining HHA employment. Call the public vocational technical school or private career education school in your area to see if they offer hha courses.

Volunteer for a home healthcare agency in your area. Your tasks could involve accompanying an HHA on a job, preparing an HHA's resources or doing administrative work. Volunteering will give you valuable experience that is attractive to an employer.

Compose a resume that details your academic and professional background in home healthcare.

Apply to a home healthcare agency or nurse registry with your resume and proof of training. If you've completed at least 75 hours of training, the agency will ask you to complete a competency evaluation, which is usually a written and verbal test. A nurse registry requires that you provide documentation of successful completion of at least 40 hours of training.

I found that www.floridahhaonline.com was an affordable and easy way to attain your goal. I suggest you check them out. Good Luck!

Does anyone know if I can transfer my Hha certification from NJ to FL? And who to contact? Ty for any information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.