RENEWING HHA CERTIFICATE IF ITS EXPIRED

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Sexygyal in Jamaica, New York

21 months ago

Hi all I have a question, I got my my hha certificate in june 2010, I've worked for maybe 3 days at a Assisted living facility, After that not nothing else.
Not by choice it just thats its really hard to find decent agencies in the nyc area everyone wants to slave you around or lie about their cases.
Anyhoo Im getting ready to start my Cna training Nov 12, 2012. But I'm still in need of a job as I Need money.
So my questions is I'm not sure if my hha certificate is expired or not since i barely used it. Is there a way to find out, also if it is there a way to renew it without having to do the whole course over again???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Salcare Home Health Care Services Inc in New York, New York

18 months ago

Sexygyal in Jamaica, New York said: Hi all I have a question, I got my my hha certificate in june 2010, I've worked for maybe 3 days at a Assisted living facility, After that not nothing else.
Not by choice it just thats its really hard to find decent agencies in the nyc area everyone wants to slave you around or lie about their cases.
Anyhoo Im getting ready to start my Cna training Nov 12, 2012. But I'm still in need of a job as I Need money.
So my questions is I'm not sure if my hha certificate is expired or not since i barely used it. Is there a way to find out, also if it is there a way to renew it without having to do the whole course over again???

An HHA certificate expires in two years if you have not had 12 hours of in-service per year. So, you can see if an agency will take your certificate in order to qualify you to take the "competency course" which means you would be tested on the entire HHA program to see if you are eligible for the certification again. If not, you have to take the whole course again. The problem is, not many agencies provide the competency examination anymore. Licensed training schools in New York State are not allowed to offer that option. Licensed agencies who have an approved curriculum amy have approval for competency ONLY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

cmderuisseau in Stoughton, Massachusetts

11 months ago

Hi, I was working as H.H.A for years, then i went to school for Cosmetology and Esthetician. I have been working in Spa for about 10 years.

I decided to go back to be HHA again, but company can take me because I don't have my HHA Certificate, but I can not do again because I'm already certified. Where can I go to find my Certification?

Please someone help.
Thank You.
Carla DeRuisseau

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Hardworker in Newark, New Jersey

4 months ago

I was a home health aide since mid 80 I'm was still working than I got with the state faculties they do the same thing I try to get them to renew my licenses I told them it's the same thing as a home health aide and I don't know or where to renew now that I need it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.