Where does 15 years of experiance get you?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Tammy in Edwardsville, Illinois

93 months ago

I have been working in the houskeeping field for 15 years. I started out as a normal janitor then was promted to supervisor then manager. I now find myself without work because of company layoff. Now I get told I am either over qualified for doing regular housekeeping work or I am under qualified because I dont have a college degree. What is a person suppose to do anymore. Im not working so I cant afford to go to college but I cant get a job because I am over or under qualified. Can some one please tell me what people like me are suppose to do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra

85 months ago

Tammy in Edwardsville, Illinois said: I have been working in the houskeeping field for 15 years. I started out as a normal janitor then was promted to supervisor then manager. I now find myself without work because of company layoff. Now I get told I am either over qualified for doing regular housekeeping work or I am under qualified because I dont have a college degree. What is a person suppose to do anymore. Im not working so I cant afford to go to college but I cant get a job because I am over or under qualified. Can some one please tell me what people like me are suppose to do?

I hear you! My exetutive housekeeping manager recenty went on an interview and was told the exact same thing...it was true. Since she didn't really need a job she walked away and chalked it up as networking.
Unfortunately you may have to realize that you are going to have to accept a position with less pay in order to get your foot in the door and negotiate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zeeshawn in Frisco, Texas

25 months ago

Tammy in Edwardsville, Illinois said: I have been working in the houskeeping field for 15 years. I started out as a normal janitor then was promted to supervisor then manager. I now find myself without work because of company layoff. Now I get told I am either over qualified for doing regular housekeeping work or I am under qualified because I dont have a college degree. What is a person suppose to do anymore. Im not working so I cant afford to go to college but I cant get a job because I am over or under qualified. Can some one please tell me what people like me are suppose to do?

Go to your local state comptroller and start your own business. You don't need money to start a business. They will provide you with a tax id for your business there. All you need is a name for your company like "marry's Housekeeping". Work hard on spreading the word around of your new business by word of mouth or placing business cards on people's doors. People will be more inclined to give you business because it is a subconscious thing. People's don't want to hire someone because they think of it as a liability but people are also programed in there minds to buy things. They are buying a service from you now. See, it's all how they view you. Start your business, slowly work on getting 10 customers and soon you will need help and you will be doing the hiring. Be the boss. Charge a flat rate per room because you could have two or three people cleaning one house. Grow your money that you make, live a humble life, read "rich dad poor dad", invest in yourself and become rich, and then help others like you. The American dream. Stop looking for a job, stop depending on other people to give you work. Why would want to work hard for other peoples company's when you can work equally as hard for your own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dsanders1110@gmail.com in Stockbridge, Georgia

12 months ago

Do anyone know what is the going rate for cleaning Apartments 1,2 and 3 bedroom's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.