What are typical immigration paralegal salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

MsLegalGal in Miami, Florida

73 months ago

Right now my salary averages $40,000 and I have 10 years experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware

73 months ago

MsLegalGal in Miami, Florida said: Right now my salary averages $40,000 and I have 10 years experience.

Hey MsLegal Gal.

We are underpaid in Miami. 10 years experience should be getting more. BUT what can you do.

I too never got more than 40K in Miami. I had 8 years experience.

SO the Delaware Paralegal association says, by a survey, the average salary with 10 years experience ranges 48-50k. OF course all did not participat in survey, and those who are not memebers of the association probably did not participate either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

MsLegalGal in Miami, Florida said: Right now my salary averages $40,000 and I have 10 years experience.

HONESTLY - these IMMIGRATION salaries reported on INDEED- at top of screen - I am not making argument with INDEED. JUST WHERE are they coming from

THEY list 45K for IMMIGRATION in DELAWARE???? We do not have those kind of jobs here. not many.

73 months ago

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware said: Hey MsLegal Gal.

We are underpaid in Miami. 10 years experience should be getting more. BUT what can you do.

I WAS IN LITIGATION, AND I WAS THERE BEFORE THE ECONOMY TOOK THE TURN IT IS IN NOW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I WAS IN LITIGATION, AND I WAS THERE BEFORE THE ECONOMY TOOK THE TURN IT IS IN NOW.
THE SYEMTEM is blitzing.

73 months ago

THE SYEMTEM is blitzing.

73 months ago

BLITZ again

73 months ago

TOO boot, INDEED post 46K as , I guess, the national average IMIGRATION SALARY.

SOME WHERE , some how , some one is distorting the information.

MIAMI is a meca of IMMIGRATION to boot. GO figure.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

ZF in Palm Harbor, Florida

72 months ago

My salary was 42K in Clearwater, Fl.

frlnc in Hightstown, New Jersey

72 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

I make in the mid $60,000s and think it is crap. If you are looking for money you need to look in-house not lawfirm.

72 months ago

frlnc in Hightstown, New Jersey said: I make in the mid $60,000s and think it is crap. If you are looking for money you need to look in-house not lawfirm.

frlnc in NJ - You are making $60k as an Immigration Paralegal. DO you know that is the highest salary in your area. And you are "dissing" on $60K. Perhaps some persprective is needed.

72 months ago

ZF in Palm Harbor, Florida said: My salary was 42K in Clearwater, Fl.

Wel then, With MsLegal getting 40K in Miami, and yuou getting $42k in Clearwater- seems to me the going rate is established.

Thanks for your information.

72 months ago

frlnc in Hightstown, New Jersey said: I make in the mid $60,000s and think it is crap. If you are looking for money you need to look in-house not lawfirm.

Are you saying an Immigration Paralegal would make more than $60k working In-house?

Manny in Miami, Florida

72 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

my fiancee makes 50k in miami

72 months ago

Manny in Miami, Florida said: my fiancee makes 50k in miami

Thanks Manny in Miami- Just curious, does he work for a law firm, government agency or in-house corporation? 50k is a good, and probably top salary in Miami for a Paralegal.

Bored in Denver, Colorado

72 months ago

Back to the Host's comment, do paralegals in S. Florida generally make more or less than legal secretaries? In Colo., the paralegals tend to make less than the secretaries. I'm wondering if the same goes for Miami. Great site!!

Asha in London, United Kingdom

71 months ago

I'm trying to look for work in NY but employment seems a bit scarce in terms of job agencies. Sorry for asking but I'm new on breaking into the world of 'immigration paralegals' but what do you mean by "in-house"?

Many Thanks

Amber in Detroit, Michigan

69 months ago

I was making $62K in Detroit. 8 years experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Saltanat Sapargalieva in Westchester, Illinois

69 months ago

I have just found out that the USCIS is now hiring paralegals in Chicago for O'Hare airport location. You will be screening intl passengers and will make from 70 to 90K. You have to be a US citizen though. I have one more year to go yet but I have 6.5 year experience in immigration. I am a paralegal by the w

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

frlnc in Hightstown, New Jersey

69 months ago

That is a nice opportunity. Especially in todays economy. Government jobs have good benefits and are more secure than a lot

frans@schenk-law.com in Marco Island, Florida

68 months ago

Hello, we are looking for an immigration paralegal in Miami. Would you be interested or can you refer us. Please see www.schenk-law.com. Thanks. (preferrably someone with German language skills).
Kindly,
Fran

Daily in Chicago, Illinois

68 months ago

Saltanat Sapargalieva in Westchester, Illinois said: I have just found out that the USCIS is now hiring paralegals in Chicago for O'Hare airport location. You will be screening intl passengers and will make from 70 to 90K. You have to be a US citizen though. I have one more year to go yet but I have 6.5 year experience in immigration. I am a paralegal by the w

Hello, can we get a link please? This sounds highly unlikely. The US gov't doesn't pay more than industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hotlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

51 months ago

I am about to join a new law firm (not corporate) and they are offering $55K and I have 6 years experience!

Immigration Lawyer in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

$60K sounds extraordinarily high.

Immigration Lawyer in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

I own an immigration law firm owner and I can inform you that $60K is what I pay MY LICENSED ATTORNEYS with at least a year of experience. I cannot immagine paying a paralegal that much. If you were a very valuable paralegal who had a paralegal certificate and you were able to write legal briefs as well as my attorneys then you might plateau out at around $55K after 10+ years with the firm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn in Chicago, Illinois

47 months ago

I am an immigration paralegal. I was making 60K in Detroit at a large law firm with high billable hour requirement. I am now at a law firm in Chicago and I make 65K with no billable hour requirement. From my experience immigration paralegals make anywhere between 50K and 75K, depending on the area and size of the firm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.