What are the best instructor qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What is the best training for becoming an instructor? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective instructor?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Wissaf Seklawi in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

I have a BA degree and Certificate of High Education In Arabic Language and Literature from the Lebanese University in Lebanon. I sent Tens of applications to different kinds of educational associations and the respond was always negative. now I got frustrated because I have no job and the only job that I always find is to work in a gasoline station which is a work that is not a part of my personality because I worked in Lebanon for 27 years as an instructor of Arabic Language and Literaturein Puplic High Schools.Beleive me that I can teach Arabic in any level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Albuquerque, New Mexico

59 months ago

plumeria in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: apply @ DLI

Mr. Seklawi, have you tried applying for the state? You seem to have a good grasp of the English language and they have a huge need for Arabic translators in light of the war we have going on. Otherwise on a more personal level, until better relations and understanding of your culture are obtained, not too many will be seeking to learn Arabic. The only purpose for Arabic now is international relations-wise. Best of luck to you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Albuquerque, New Mexico

58 months ago

MAUIRAIN in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: THIS IS NOT TRUE , I AM AN ASSISTANT PROFESSOR @DLI AND THERE IS AN INCREASING DEMAND TO LEARN ARABIC ALL THE TIME, PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT IF YOU ARE NOT AWARE OF THE FACTS

Yes I can imagine that there has been an increasing demand in light of the war we're in. I would like to believe that most of us don't like war and in order to understand you (Arab) we need to reach out to you and understand you in order to obtain a more peaceful and harmonious relationship. Thus that is why the increase in demand. Also the $$ that is now paid to an American that can speak Arabic fluently. I am aware of the facts, and of your culure having had relations with it for over 18 years. My son is 1/2 arab. And there are many things I love about your culture, and aware of the many struggles you entangle yourselves in. In my reply I was coming from the homefront. Here in America, shopping or dining at your local restaurant, there is no need to learn Arabic. But for international causes, there will be a great need. I was only stating a fact and am not trying to reflect negatively on your culture at all, just stating a fact. And those that wish to learn Arabic or any other language perhaps the better off we will be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.