Tips for instructor interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming instructor interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

LA in Monroe, North Carolina

68 months ago

need your feedback some tips

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mjbrnc in New Orleans, Louisiana

58 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming instructor interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Fortunately, I have been on both sides of the table when it comes to nursing instructors.Currently I too am looking into returning to an instructor position.Not everyone who enters nursing are doing it for the right reason. My saying goes "IT'S EASIER TO TEACH SKILLS THAT MATURITY".
When applying for an instructor position some area that may be included are:
1) HOW DO YOU HANDLE DISCIPLIN?
2)WOULD YOU HAVE A PROBLEM CORRECTING AN ADULT AND HOW WOULD YOU DO THIS? fOR THE SAKE OF "YOUR" POSITION, BY ALL MEANS NOT IN FRONT OF THE CLASS.
3)WHAT ARE YOUR STRONG POINTS AS A NURSE?
4) WHAT MADE YOU DECIDE TO APPLY FOR AN
INSTRUCTOR POSITION?
5) HOW DO YOU PLAN TO MOTIVATE YOUR
STUDENTS?
One point I would like to stress: If and when you follow thru it is very rewarding another point is DAY ONE: Write ALL instructors name on the board and let the students know that if there name is not on the board, they are not the teacher/instructor of the class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

mjbrnc in New Orleans, Louisiana

58 months ago

mjbrnc in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Fortunately, I have been on both sides of the table when it comes to nursing instructors.Currently I too am looking into returning to an instructor position.Not everyone who enters nursing are doing it for the right reason. My saying goes "IT'S EASIER TO TEACH SKILLS THAN MATURITY".
When applying for an instructor position some area that may be included are:
1) HOW DO YOU HANDLE DISCIPLIN?
2)WOULD YOU HAVE A PROBLEM CORRECTING AN ADULT AND HOW WOULD YOU DO THIS? fOR THE SAKE OF "YOUR" POSITION, BY ALL MEANS NOT IN FRONT OF THE CLASS.
3)WHAT ARE YOUR STRONG POINTS AS A NURSE?
4) WHAT MADE YOU DECIDE TO APPLY FOR AN
INSTRUCTOR POSITION?
5) HOW DO YOU PLAN TO MOTIVATE YOUR
STUDENTS?
One point I would like to stress: If and when you follow thru it is very rewarding another point is DAY ONE: Write ALL instructors name on the board and let the students know that if their name is not on the board, they are not the teacher/instructor of the class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.