insurance sales again?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (36)

stephen in Goose Creek, South Carolina

89 months ago

I have my license. My training has been subpar in the agencies so far. I might try united american. I have tried insurance sales before with no success. This is due to the fact that I relied on cold calls to some internet leads. This company provides leads. If they can get me in front of customers I am satisfied I can make some money. This is my only concern. Numbers tell me if I can get in front of 10 customers a week I can make a good living. I think my confidence will increase after a few sales and I will be able to close more deals. Do I still have a chance to be successful in this business? I know United American has good products. I have to get a job quick, so let me know if there is a market for health insurance in south carolina.

thanks
stephen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steven in Arlington, Virginia

89 months ago

You might want to check out the discussion at www.insurance-forums.net/forum There are many people in the same boat and you can learn from their discussions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike C. in Cleveland, Ohio

78 months ago

Why are all your testimonials on your website lifted from Mike Corente's website??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TlowD in Lansing, Michigan

78 months ago

I have been offered an opportunity with Farmers as an agent!! I have heard conflicting information about Farmers!! Please help, I do not want to make a mistake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dickhead 4 in Farmington, California

67 months ago

TlowD in Lansing, Michigan said: I have been offered an opportunity with Farmers as an agent!! I have heard conflicting information about Farmers!! Please help, I do not want to make a mistake.

They are alway advertising for new agents. Not because of growth but for turnover

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Troy, Michigan

67 months ago

Just two days ago, a NAA agent posted an ad that they want to hire 2 people with no cold calling, with lead etc. I just curious about it so I called. When the lady answered back, she told me she is with NAA and asked me to listen to her upline's recording to show how it works in NAA. I googled NAA and found complains/scams report, especially the lead program from NAA. I can't do business with a company with bad reputation so I declined discuss again.
Folks you can find many good IMOs with good reputation. You also can find marketing organization with Hirachical structure. So go independent, non captive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Carrollton, Texas

66 months ago

Dickhead 4 in Farmington, California said: They are alway advertising for new agents. Not because of growth but for turnover

Have you been in their program? I'm a potential farmer.

Scott in Grapevine, Texas

66 months ago

Does anyone have any good, bad or ugly info. on Farmers. Career change. It seems to have the best program for neophytes, but the production needed to stay in program is VERY high. Maybe high burn out? I've read a few bad. Does anyone have any good or additional bad info they could share?

Jackson Financial in Dallas, Texas

66 months ago

Ramiz rocks! Ramiz is actually one of the partners in my IMO so feel free to email me, as well:) Go independent! Being captive is for those who can't do enough sales to take the leap into commission only but commissions are where the real money is... no cap on what you can earn. If you are a good salesperson then you definitely want to be independent:) Good luck to you!

Tom in Statesboro, Georgia

66 months ago

The key to making it in this biz is training and leads.

I give out contracts ranging from 50% to 90% - but I require that you attend training. I also charge for training you because my time is worth MONEY - so should yours be . . .

My GrandDaddy once told me:

"Boy - 100% of nothin' is nothin'" . . .

My point is - If it takes you $1,000 in training fees and leads to get going to make $1,000 / $2,000 a week working 4 days a week - is it worth it to you?

Or - do you find a 100% contract, still have to pay for leads, work 6 days a week to only get discouraged and quit a few weeks later?

Selling insurance isn't rocket science - it's sales . . .

Call contact me - Tom Coleman - for more info - indeed@insura-choice.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

shumpa in ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico

63 months ago

I am in the same boat. For some reason, the only job interviews I have had since I got out of the military is insurance, I was beginning to wonder whats going on. I have not pursued these companies.

bcbbab in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

Ok, I am a Brand New 2009 Texas Licensed Insurance Agent (Life/Health). I had intended on working with a company but it seems they are not going to work out. I am not looking for full-time. Are there websites where I can log-in to be a seller for their products? Anyone that can give me a little info to get started, I would appreciate it. I have people interested now and need to get moving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Scholar in Auburn Hills, Michigan

63 months ago

I had a Life and Health Insurance license for two years now and have not done anything with it. I tried HBW and NAA, but my upline offer no help, no leads, so I relied on my own marketing. Somehow it goes no where, so after two months I stopped and just worked at a factory. I would like to get back into the field, because I love giving clients great products for a great price, but I really really need help. Any good managers out there that is willing to help is greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Humble, Texas

57 months ago

bcbbab in Houston, Texas said: Ok, I am a Brand New 2009 Texas Licensed Insurance Agent (Life/Health). I had intended on working with a company but it seems they are not going to work out. I am not looking for full-time. Are there websites where I can log-in to be a seller for their products? Anyone that can give me a little info to get started, I would appreciate it. I have people interested now and need to get moving.

I don't have an answer for your question...But I live in Houston too and was wondering-how did you get started? Did someone assist you in getting a license? I want to make a career change and am willing to pay for my license, I'm just afraid with no previous insurance experience, no one will want to hire me-licensed or not. Any insight you can share would be appreciated.

sandy in Humble, Texas

57 months ago

thanks for responding...I'm hoping to start as an independent, but it looks like it will involve partnering with a stable company.=A0 Does your company sell health, life, etc.?
BTW-the email you referenced above-didn't work, I'm only able to respond here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

micheledownes@hotmail.com in Tampa, Florida

56 months ago

LinkingLocally in Cypress, Texas said: To all you insurance agents looking for a Plan B. I am an agent myself, and this Plan B program is giving me all the local leads and extra income that I can handle. Email me for more information at: LinkingLocally@aol.com

Please help

sandy in Trinidad, Texas

56 months ago

micheledownes@hotmail.com in Tampa, Florida said: Please help

I'm interested...what is your "Plan B"?

Thad in Allen, Texas

55 months ago

seriously considering a career change and selling insurance is very attractive to me on many levels. For someone new to the industry would you recommend I go captive vs independent? If independent how do I find the best companies to represent? Thanks in advance for your responses!

one more..any info anyone can share on how I can get certified in TX would be appreciated..again thanks!

love love in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

Thad in Allen, Texas said: seriously considering a career change and selling insurance is very attractive to me on many levels. For someone new to the industry would you recommend I go captive vs independent? If independent how do I find the best companies to represent? Thanks in advance for your responses!

one more..any info anyone can share on how I can get certified in TX would be appreciated..again thanks!

Hello Thad, I recently obtained my Life & Heath license earlier this month. I took a 4 day, classroom setting, test preparation course via Kaplan. I then took the state required test, via Prometric. Upon passing the test, send the agent application and money order to Prometric. In about 3-4 weeks, you will receive your license.

I recommend you schedule your test prep course & test, as close together as possible. I took my test the day after the prep course ended.

Good Luck!

lendagale in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

Is it true if you recieve a commission and quit after being paid, do you have to pay the commission back?

HappyAflacVet in Providence, Rhode Island

53 months ago

lendagale in Houston, Texas said: Is it true if you recieve a commission and quit after being paid, do you have to pay the commission back?

Are you talking about advanced commissions? If a company advances you a commission (ie; loans you money) on a policy that has not been paid in full, and then the policyholder cancels, or you quit, then OF COURSE you owe the company the money. It is common sense.

James Tome in Albuquerque, New Mexico

47 months ago

Jim in Troy, Michigan said: Just two days ago, a NAA agent posted an ad that they want to hire 2 people with no cold calling, with lead etc. I just curious about it so I called. When the lady answered back, she told me she is with NAA and asked me to listen to her upline's recording to show how it works in NAA. I googled NAA and found complains/scams report, especially the lead program from NAA. I can't do business with a company with bad reputation so I declined discuss again.
Folks you can find many good IMOs with good reputation. You also can find marketing organization with Hirachical structure. So go independent, non captive.

You need really need to check out HBW, any lead system or company you get involved with that provides leads, is either charging you for the leads, or paying you a lower commission to pay for the leads. I have been in the business, for several years. The HBW system is to recruit new agents, by doing that your recruit will take you to clients. We all hope new recruits get their license, there is a great investment by the upline, & the agent. The reality is that many recruits DO NOT GET THEIR LICENSE. However we cannot pre-determine what will happen with that recruit. HBW also offers products that do not require a license, such as Living Trust, & a debt reduction program, that can show you how to pay off your debt including your home, in a fraction of the time! Visit the website: www,HBWinc.com
Watch the videos, & listen to people who have succeded, I have personaly met several at company conventions, & the stories are true. If you want further information, feel free to contact me.

James E. Tome

mark c in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

hey email me, im trying to pass the exam when i pass it i let you know about this company that we can be co=workers even we leave in different states. markcavaszmc@gmail.com give me a month coz i want to find out if its for real before i spread the word... thanks mark i have a property and casualty license trying to get the life and health as a sideline job!

Rhonda in Biloxi, Mississippi

47 months ago

micheledownes@hotmail.com in Tampa, Florida said: Please help

Hey, I just read your post & am interested in what "Plan B" is! I am a licensed insurance agent in Mississippi (life, accident & health). Got my license a little of a year ago & have had general agents promise me "free" leads, only to have them stop them or give leads that are so old & outdated that the people basically hang up on you when you call them! Very frustrating! I know with the upcoming health reform changes, agents could experience many changes in income potential, such as lower commissions, etc. This means that we will have to work harder (more volume) to make a good living. I've never minded hard work, just need clients to sell to! Have been questioning my decision to be "independent", due to money required to buy leads up front. I've got 11 yr. old triplets & 2 older daughters & need to make money! Any suggestions on how to succeed will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

HappyAflacVet in Providence, Rhode Island

43 months ago

Rhonda in Biloxi, Mississippi said: Hey, I just read your post & am interested in what "Plan B" is! I am a licensed insurance agent in Mississippi (life, accident & health). Got my license a little of a year ago & have had general agents promise me "free" leads, only to have them stop them or give leads that are so old & outdated that the people basically hang up on you when you call them! Very frustrating! I know with the upcoming health reform changes, agents could experience many changes in income potential, such as lower commissions, etc. This means that we will have to work harder (more volume) to make a good living. I've never minded hard work, just need clients to sell to! Have been questioning my decision to be "independent", due to money required to buy leads up front. I've got 11 yr. old triplets & 2 older daughters & need to make money! Any suggestions on how to succeed will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Rhonda: Selling is hard work. You're looking for leads that want to buy. So are we all. Insurance is never something that a prospect is eager to purchase...its all about cold calling and networking (and referrals, of course.)
Let me ask you the following quesitons...they're hard, but necessary: What do you have to offer your potential clients that others agents DON'T? What sets you apart? What are your produts? Do you know them COLD? So that if someone asked you some really tricky and difficult questions, you'd be right there with an answer?

The reality is that there are a bunch of other agents out there competing for the same business as you. In order to get it yourself, you have to be better, faster, quicker, more knowledgable, more service-oriented, etc, than anyone else.

It's a hard way to make a living, but it can be done...it takes constant activity...8-5, five days a week, no excuses, no days off. NONE. Good luck!

43 months ago

First off I never buy leads, because of the reasons that you gave among many others. What sets me appart is 1st. I represent all the major carriers, so I can sell the best product for the client, not the insurance company. 2nd, if I work for any other agency, let's say I have a GA contract 100%. I have agents under me that I make an over ride on. If a agent under me wants to get promoted to the GA level. I cannot do it because I no longer get an over ride. But with HBW, I can have a GA contract or greater. Hire another GA @ 100%, & still get an over ride on that agent! That agent can get up to a 120% contract, I can have a 100% contract, & still get an over ride on their production. Take a look @ www.hbwinc.com check out the conpensation video, & get back to me & let me know what you think.

James E. Tome

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

mark c in Houston, Texas said: hey email me, im trying to pass the exam when i pass it i let you know about this company that we can be co=workers even we leave in different states. markcavaszmc@gmail.com give me a month coz i want to find out if its for real before i spread the word... thanks mark i have a property and casualty license trying to get the life and health as a sideline job!

Hello Mark, how did your life exam go? Did you pass? Did you get a chance to check out my company website? www.hbwinc.com
Check out the compensation video, & all the carriers. Let me know what you think?
jetome@comcast.net

43 months ago

stephen in Goose Creek, South Carolina said: I have my license. My training has been subpar in the agencies so far. I might try united american. I have tried insurance sales before with no success. This is due to the fact that I relied on cold calls to some internet leads. This company provides leads. If they can get me in front of customers I am satisfied I can make some money. This is my only concern. Numbers tell me if I can get in front of 10 customers a week I can make a good living. I think my confidence will increase after a few sales and I will be able to close more deals. Do I still have a chance to be successful in this business? I know United American has good products. I have to get a job quick, so let me know if there is a market for health insurance in south carolina.

thanks
stephen

Hello, I have sold United Ameican before, & to tell you the truth. They pay fast, however they are not very competitive. One problem insurance agents face is having their policies replaced, & getting a charge back for the advance. I have found one way to minimize that is to carry the top, most competitive companies. My company represents all the major carriers. We have contracts to 120%, 8 generation of over ride, & monthly company revenue sharing. I can have a GA contract, have antother agent with a GA contract, & still get a 10% over ride. Check out the website: www.hbwinc.com
Let me know what you think.

rosero06@aol.om in Columbia, South Carolina

40 months ago

stephen in Goose Creek, South Carolina said: I have my license. My training has been subpar in the agencies so far. I might try united american. I have tried insurance sales before with no success. This is due to the fact that I relied on cold calls to some internet leads. This company provides leads. If they can get me in front of customers I am satisfied I can make some money. This is my only concern. Numbers tell me if I can get in front of 10 customers a week I can make a good living. I think my confidence will increase after a few sales and I will be able to close more deals. Do I still have a chance to be successful in this business? I know United American has good products. I have to get a job quick, so let me know if there is a market for health insurance in south carolina.

thanks
stephen

Colonial Insurance and Aflac are pretty good

40 months ago

Scott in Grapevine, Texas said: Does anyone have any good, bad or ugly info. on Farmers. Career change. It seems to have the best program for neophytes, but the production needed to stay in program is VERY high. Maybe high burn out? I've read a few bad. Does anyone have any good or additional bad info they could share?

i recommend calling the better business bureau in that state and see how many complaints. Good luck!

40 months ago

Sandy in Humble, Texas said: I don't have an answer for your question...But I live in Houston too and was wondering-how did you get started? Did someone assist you in getting a license? I want to make a career change and am willing to pay for my license, I'm just afraid with no previous insurance experience, no one will want to hire me-licensed or not. Any insight you can share would be appreciated.

get with Colonial LIFe Sc they will train you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CR and Associates in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

bcbbab in Houston, Texas said: Ok, I am a Brand New 2009 Texas Licensed Insurance Agent (Life/Health). I had intended on working with a company but it seems they are not going to work out. I am not looking for full-time. Are there websites where I can log-in to be a seller for their products? Anyone that can give me a little info to get started, I would appreciate it. I have people interested now and need to get moving.

I may have an answer for you. Send me a reply and I will send you my number from my email address.

CR and Associates in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

Sandy in Humble, Texas said: I don't have an answer for your question...But I live in Houston too and was wondering-how did you get started? Did someone assist you in getting a license? I want to make a career change and am willing to pay for my license, I'm just afraid with no previous insurance experience, no one will want to hire me-licensed or not. Any insight you can share would be appreciated.

I may have the perfect fit for you. I would llike to share it with you and see.

easrawr srewrqwr in Huston, Texas

29 months ago

If you want to do research use cold calling. and you'll get the proper answer.. Use 'research.com' to do online research as it is free. Also use 'my campaign planner’ for cold calling it is also available free on android market and you'll get the correct answer of your question in 3 days...

Health Insurance in Mumbai, India

15 months ago

Don't have idea about it, but the above given Plan B seems very interesting. Lots of reply are informational for us. Thanking you all for sharing this with all.

<ahref="www.bajajallianz.com/Corp/health-insurance/health-insurance.jsp">Health Insurance</a>

Holly James in Peoria, Arizona

15 months ago

My husband and I recently moved to Canada and he sells insurance in Calgary. He has loved it. If you have a brain for selling insurance it is definitely a great career. Good luck! www.insuranceexpress.ca

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.