A felon trying to get a life insurance license in GA!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Stevenb in Covington, Georgia

74 months ago

I have a felony on my background it is over 8 yrs old. I am waiting to hear back from the state. I want to know if there are any felons or anybody that knows someone with a felony, on this forum that may have a license. I would like to know what it took to get the license?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

crowegirl in Poteau, Oklahoma

71 months ago

check with a lawyer to see if it's been long enough to have your records sealed. background checks will not pick it up if you can get it sealed. It can be done. I know from experience.

Reply - Report abuse

felon1 in Tucker, Georgia

69 months ago

I have a federal felony on my background over 7 years ago. Making material false statement to a federal officer. No monetary gain or fraud was committed. Got my GA license after submitting my application, certified court records and personal statement.

Reply - Report abuse

lele30 in Stockbridge, Georgia

68 months ago

Stevenb in Covington, Georgia said: I have a felony on my background it is over 8 yrs old. I am waiting to hear back from the state. I want to know if there are any felons or anybody that knows someone with a felony, on this forum that may have a license. I would like to know what it took to get the license?

did you get ur license?

Reply - Report abuse

Frodosdojo in Decatur, Georgia

40 months ago

At least 10 years must have passed. I applied with 8 years and was denied. If you get denied, you should ask to withdraw your application so you aren't denied forever.

Reply - Report abuse

JJ in the Battle in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

39 months ago

Depends on what the felony was (it was a financial crime, fraud, etc).

Most states will give you a chance to get your license. What you do after that is WHAT COUNTS.

Reply - Report abuse

jen15 in Georgia

10 months ago

Stevenb in Covington, Georgia said: I have a felony on my background it is over 8 yrs old. I am waiting to hear back from the state. I want to know if there are any felons or anybody that knows someone with a felony, on this forum that may have a license. I would like to know what it took to get the license?

did you get your license?

Reply - Report abuse

georgesteam in Colorado Springs, Colorado

10 months ago

What news did you find out?

Reply - Report abuse

Lele30 in Tennessee

10 months ago

Hi, i did receive my license with 1 year probation. Some carriers wont hire me only about 2 of 12 i have applied to.

Reply - Report abuse

Lele30 in Tennessee

10 months ago

Am sorry only 2 ot of 12 carriers didn5 hire me

Reply - Report abuse

Frodosdojo in Decatur, Georgia

10 months ago

Lele30 in Tennessee said: Hi, i did receive my license with 1 year probation. Some carriers wont hire me only about 2 of 12 i have applied to.

Tennessee is totally different. Is that where you got your license ? Tennessee allows felons to have their background reviewed before going through the process of licensing.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Lele30 in Georgia

10 months ago

Yes im in ga this website didn't have my location correct. Plus i have a pardon plus its over 20 years old

Reply - Report abuse

Sbrown in Covington, Georgia

8 months ago

I originally was turned down for my license because I was still on probation. They requested I reapply after I got off so I applied again earlier this after getting off probation about 5 years ago. Maybe it will work out this time.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Frodosdojo in Ellenwood, Georgia

8 months ago

Sbrown in Covington, Georgia said: I originally was turned down for my license because I was still on probation. They requested I reapply after I got off so I applied again earlier this after getting off probation about 5 years ago. Maybe it will work out this time.

Good luck. I applied a couple of years ago and they told me no. It was 8 years post my conviction. They told me to wait 10 years and re-apply. I don't know if I will go through the trouble. I have to take the course, test, pay for bond, fingerprints, application all over again.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Mare in Mebane, North Carolina

6 months ago

felon1 in Tucker, Georgia said: I have a federal felony on my background over 7 years ago. Making material false statement to a federal officer. No monetary gain or fraud was committed. Got my GA license after submitting my application, certified court records and personal statement.

Did you get appointments with any companies

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Did you get any appointments with any carriers

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

lele30 in mcdonough, Georgia

6 months ago

Yes i have gotten many appointments

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

lele30 in mcdonough, Georgia said: Yes i have gotten many appointments

I would like to speak with you a bit more in detail how can I contact you?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Poppy in Stockbridge, Georgia

4 months ago

Hello Can Someone Please Answer For Me If You Can..I Have A Felony Grand Larceny 3rd Degree which is 7 years old will I Be able too get a license and or Bonded For Insurance Work related employment

Reply - Report abuse

Daviito in The Villages, Florida

4 days ago

felon1 in Tucker, Georgia said: I have a federal felony on my background over 7 years ago. Making material false statement to a federal officer. No monetary gain or fraud was committed. Got my GA license after submitting my application, certified court records and personal statement.

Did insurance companies refuse to appoint you when you answered yes to the questions they ask on their applications

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.