Getting an insurance customer service representative job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

How did you get your start doing insurance customer service representative work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Elmise Bazard in Apopka, Florida

76 months ago

insurance job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brenda Hurley-Shank in Huntsville, Texas

70 months ago

Elmise Bazard in Apopka, Florida said: insurance job

Hi Elimise:
I am having a little trouble understanding. I would like a customer service type insurance job without selling insurance. Can you help me clarify that this position is not a sales position. I have super customer service skills, but I am not a sales person. Can you direct me to a position that would fit my needs and the needs of a company that would like to employ me in the area of customer service and resolution control?
Thanks,
Brenda Hurley-Shank

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Buzzi06 in Camarillo, California

69 months ago

Brenda Hurley-Shank in Huntsville, Texas said: Hi Elimise:
I am having a little trouble understanding. I would like a customer service type insurance job without selling insurance. Can you help me clarify that this position is not a sales position. I have super customer service skills, but I am not a sales person. Can you direct me to a position that would fit my needs and the needs of a company that would like to employ me in the area of customer service and resolution control?
Thanks,
Brenda Hurley-Shank

Dear Brenda:
Most insurance customer service rep (CSR) jobs will include selling insurance products. It depends on the agency whether service or sales will be your primary job. If you do not want selling to be your primary job I suggest you make that clear to a prospective employer. If you want no sales at all you are probably going to be looking to be an assistant to an account manager. I hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Binay Kumar in Hyderabad, India

59 months ago

I am looking for a job in insurance sector as a Customer service. I dont know what to do. T am also looking to go abroad. Do i have any carrier in insurance at abroad . For this what shall i do. I am very much confused. Will you guide me in this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KatherineZ Jones in Chicago, Illinois

26 months ago

Hello Emise, most insurance companies now know that in this economy, hardly anyone can find a job, so what they are doing is cloaking selling insurance by calling those jobs customer service jobs because the fact of the matter is, not many want to pay costly fees to become an insurance salesperson, nor do they want to hustle and have to hock insurance to people during such a time. Don't get me wrong, any job field has it's cheerleaders, but you're like me, I'm no salesperson. Be aware and take the advice given to you. Know up front in most cases that if an insurance company is advertising a customer service job, you won't be handling customer service, but you will be selling. I hate that they do this, because customer service and NOT sales is also my work background.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.