What are typical inventory manager salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

JLarz in Shakopee, Minnesota

47 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

I've seen companies vary this salary from low-40's to mid-60's dependant on the requirements. People have a tendancy to read too much into a title - you'll need to look at the specific job requirements and size of tasks expected to accomplish to determine if it is a "true" Inventory Manager they really want, or someone to cycle count, do physical inventories and work within their system to accomplish inventory moves, decrementing inventory, and various tasks. I've seen postings where a company is hiring an Inventory Manager, only to have them do what could best be described as Inventory Coordinator activities, maybe supervise a couple employees and give them the title of Inventory Manager, then pay them a wage in the low 40's. In my experience, and people I've hired in the past as Inventory Managers the expectations are a bit higher. Coordinating inventory-related processes, tons of research, production metrics and continuous improvements with benchmarks, along with managing a full staff and doing lower lever HR responsibities to include interviewing and counseling in addition to performance reviews are only a few of the requirements. The people I've hired in the past and the Inventory Manager I currently have open are in the high-40 to low-60 range.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.