To be the best...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every janitor must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your janitor expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Corey in Kobe, Japan

76 months ago

This blog lists some tips and secrets...
cleaningcompanysecrets.blogspot.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hearty in Vancouver, British Columbia

61 months ago

Commitment, fitness, and organization.
Commitment is also called professionalism. I never leave a job unfinished. Each cleaning assignment is something to be proud of, as though I'd finished writing a story or drawing a picture and signed my name to it.
Fitness: physical stamina is the key component. Aerobic endurance is necessary for those long shifts pushing mops and brooms, for scrubbing surfaces, for applying substances...Strength is also an asset in heavy duty assignments, for example when moving furniture and/or hauling garbage.
Organization: A janitor may constantly have to adjust to different workloads and cleaning problems. The cleaner must measure his/her time efficiently and budget the supplies carefully, Unexpected problems must be solved quickly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hearty in Vancouver, British Columbia

61 months ago

Commitment, fitness, and organization.
Commitment is also called professionalism. I never leave a job unfinished. Each cleaning assignment is something to be proud of, as though I'd finished writing a story or drawing a picture and signed my name to it.
Fitness: Physical stamina is the key component. Aerobic endurance is necessary for those long shifts pushing mops and brooms, for scrubbing surfaces, for applying substances...Strength is also an asset in heavy duty assignments, for example when moving furniture and/or hauling garbage.
Organization: A janitor may constantly have to adjust to different workloads and cleaning problems. The cleaner must measure his/her time efficiently and budget the supplies carefully, Unexpected problems must be solved quickly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.