Java/.Net salary

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

tak in Houston, Texas

45 months ago

Hi,
I'm in Houston Texas. I've been doing java and .net for 7 years. For .NET I work mostly in Windows Form to connect to a Java web services. In Java side I have lead project in Struts,Spring, Hibernate as well as Flex. I could easily say I'm a competent developer in Java and .NET.

My salary now is at 72K plus bonus. I only got 2 bonuses in the last 3 years (avg about < 3% each). I feel underpaid and unhappy about my salary after I checked with Indeed.com. I talked to my manager but he said I would have to wait til year end review.

Now, is 72K the decent base salary in Houston, with my skill set? Should I start looking for a new job in case this company is ripping me off?

Thanks geeks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Glenda Busch in Itasca, Illinois

39 months ago

We are in the Chicago area and are always looking for good Java Developers. We have two offices in Chicago and one in Houston. We would be interested in seeing your resume and talk with you about the positions we have available.

tak in Houston, Texas said: Hi,
I'm in Houston Texas. I've been doing java and .net for 7 years. For .NET I work mostly in Windows Form to connect to a Java web services. In Java side I have lead project in Struts,Spring, Hibernate as well as Flex. I could easily say I'm a competent developer in Java and .NET.

My salary now is at 72K plus bonus. I only got 2 bonuses in the last 3 years (avg about < 3% each). I feel underpaid and unhappy about my salary after I checked with Indeed.com. I talked to my manager but he said I would have to wait til year end review.

Now, is 72K the decent base salary in Houston, with my skill set? Should I start looking for a new job in case this company is ripping me off?

Thanks geeks,

andy in Glendale, California

35 months ago

php nowadys is around 25-30k per year

Java developer = 35k-50k

.net developer = 40k-60k

so you are overpayed.

Programmers are garbage anyway nowadays. Marketing people are the king!
or sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

Responsive in Salt Lake City, Utah

24 months ago

You should be earning at least 80,000. With 7 years of experience and lead tech experience you are definitely underpaid. You should seek employment at 85K or more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Saint Charles, Illinois

17 months ago

Glenda Busch in Itasca, Illinois said: We are in the Chicago area and are always looking for good Java Developers. We have two offices in Chicago and one in Houston. We would be interested in seeing your resume and talk with you about the positions we have available.

Hi, Do you guys require BS degree for JAVA developer position.????

Tomax Recruiter in Salt Lake City, Utah

16 months ago

Developers are not garbage. We are constantly looking for Java Developers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Developing is not garbage, we are looking for Javas all the time...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

We do prefer you have a BS in Computer Science but because Java Developers are in such high demand, if you know how to code they will mentor you. Oracle or Microsoft Java certifications can get you there also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.