Finding wk in Tampa, fl

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Theresa in Tampa, Florida

72 months ago

I,m a new LPN, no one wants to hire in Tamp without experience does anyone no who hires. How are ya sopose to get experince if no one hires.
HELP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Theresa in Tampa, Florida

72 months ago

Theresa in Tampa, Florida said: I,m a new LPN, no one wants to hire in Tampa without experience, does anyone have any suggestions? who may hire. How does one get a job without experince.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dforgharbi@optonline.net in Kearny, New Jersey

64 months ago

Theresa in Tampa, Florida said: I,m a new LPN, no one wants to hire in Tamp without experience does anyone no who hires. How are ya sopose to get experince if no one hires.
HELP!!!

If I'm to go by your blog, I believe the problem is not with the availability of inexperienced LPN's but your grammer and diction. If I could suggest a English class or maybe a English as a second language class. This would help to refine your speech and grammer and not allow to spell phonetically. Remember you never get a second chance to make a first impression, so presenting yourself professionally is key. Good Luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

whenzdai in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

Harsh, but so true, your grammar and spelling is awful. At the moment there seems to be a hiring freeze. It is very difficult to get a job, especially in the acute care setting. May I suggest skilled nursing facilities in your area. I know Manor Care was recently hiring. Also there is a nursing home on Gandy and Dale Mabry (sorry I dont remember the name), I completed my clinicals there, and they were eager to hire. If u are really interested in getting into a hospital, you might have better luck applying as a CNA, and seeing if they will promote you after a few months. Hope this helps....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MadFLnurse in Noblesville, Indiana

64 months ago

I do have to agree with the original poster, even though her spelling was bad. I am relocating to the Ft. Myers area and I cannot find a job. I am an LPN (FL licensed at that) and cannot find a job. I feel absolutely WORTHLESS! I paid all that money for an education that gets me no where. I am crying my eyes out now because of all the jobs that I have applied for either they want experience or you must be an RN. Why do people not understand....1)I took state boards just like an RN. 2)I paid the same $204.00 ,plus $15 for the CE course, then $200.00 to Pearson Vue just to take the test. 3)Studied my butt off, shut off at 85 questions ( the minimum) then just to find out the hard was for NOTHING!!! I am so angry right now, I can just say SCREW NURSING!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

suzy in Edmonton, Alberta

63 months ago

Theresa in Tampa, Florida said: I,m a new LPN, no one wants to hire in Tamp without experience does anyone no who hires. How are ya sopose to get experince if no one hires.
HELP!!!

OMG! Florida is so cheap with Salary. Is it because if the cost of living? or is it because LPN's in the U.S, the education level is not as comprehensive/depth as Canada.

Canada's LPN salary: $21.72 to $28.44 hourly ( vs RN salary: $32.34 - $42.45 per hour )
LPN's in canada practice full scope..LPN can start an IV, give IV meds, can work any area if nursing..same scope as RN's

JB in Riverview, Florida

62 months ago

I agree with the spelling and grammar error. Yes, first impression is very important especially with the competition of getting a job out there. I am a new LPN too, luckily I have a job right now. I am working in a the hospital right now, I have the same job as RN (except giving IV push and other few things)but getting paid a lot less than RN. It feels like they are taking advantage of the LPN's. Is this how this country runs? RN's get a lot more money it's because they went to school longer which is only more "theory"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dmcdona5 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

58 months ago

We are looking for LPN's all over the country for medical record reviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Syar in Miami, Florida

44 months ago

Yup... same story here in Miami.. no jobs for those without experience and/or connections. Eff nursing I've got mice to feed.

alex in Pinellas Park, Florida

33 months ago

HELP!!!

Tell you what I am compelled to tell you, I am a retired RN if you are looking for a LPN job locate the administrator @ Highland Pines in clearwater (Donald) he can give you a job right quick. Watch out for "snakes" they're all over... when you get started be careful who you make friends with, you'll be fine if you do, trust nobody...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

imorfa23 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

32 months ago

dmcdona5 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: We are looking for LPN's all over the country for medical record reviews.

Can you please give me more information

thanks

KoeJean in Ashland, Kentucky

31 months ago

How is the job market for LPNs in Tampa, FL? I will be moving to Tampa,FL in May. If anyone know of any facilities that are hiring immediately, please let me know.

Thank

lpn in New Port Richey, Florida

30 months ago

KoeJean in Ashland, Kentucky said: How is the job market for LPNs in Tampa, FL? I will be moving to Tampa,FL in May. If anyone know of any facilities that are hiring immediately, please let me know.

Thank

Regal/cypress palms of largo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

crazyred49 in Rye, Colorado

19 months ago

dmcdona5 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: We are looking for LPN's all over the country for medical record reviews.

Hi I am currently living in Colorado, a traveling LPN and have experience doing medical record reviews and would like to know what companies can i possibly work for to continue to do this kind of work?

crazyred49 in Rye, Colorado

19 months ago

can you please give me more information on the medical record reviews jobs??thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CALVINNHOBBES in Lutz, Florida

16 months ago

Where do you go to find employment with your LPN license??? especially with only clinical experience?? I didnt get my license from any of these technical schools and Im planning on finishing up my RN in the next year or so.I have applied everywhere and everyone wants at least 1 year of experience! Thats fine but how do they suppose we get that if nobody will give you the opportunity?? Any ideas?? Im asking everyone I know for help in finding the right person to give me a chance. Any help would be appreciated!!! My background is in teaching and coaching special education students.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.