I need to find a LPN refresher course

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

Jamie Turner in Hamilton, Ohio

59 months ago

I graduated from LPN school 2 years ago and I did not take my boards. I would like to take them and I am trying to find a refresher that I could take so that I can take my boards. I have been looking but have not had any luck. Does anyone know where I can take one at. I live in Hamilton, Ohio.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Katonia Gilbert-Brown in Hamilton, Ohio

57 months ago

Jamie Turner in Hamilton, Ohio said: I graduated from LPN school 2 years ago and I did not take my boards. I would like to take them and I am trying to find a refresher that I could take so that I can take my boards. I have been looking but have not had any luck. Does anyone know where I can take one at. I live in Hamilton, Ohio.

Hi Jamie was you susessful in finding a refresher course if so could you please share.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

queeneileen in Cleveland, Ohio

57 months ago

Hi Jamie, Cleveland State University is offering an LPN refresher. Just go to CSU's website and you will find more info there! Good Luck! P.S. there is a class starting in March

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

efigueroa60 in Liberty, New York

54 months ago

I graduated from LPN school 4 years ago and I did not take my boards. I would like to take them and I am trying to find a refresher that I could take so that I can take my boards. I have been looking but have not had any luck. Does anyone know where I can take one at. I live in liberty N.Y.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dee1979 in Cincinnati, Ohio

50 months ago

Jamie I live in Cincinnati and the closest I've found is in Troy, about 73 miles away. I found it by going to the boards website, and clicking on education over to the left. All the way at the bottom it has nursing refresher course lists. Hope that helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jennifer brown in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

I graduated from LPN school a year ago and need to take my boards...i am looking for a refresher course near uniontown, pa..or in the pittsburgh area...if anyone knows of any i could use your help..please send an email...jenn0070@verizon.net...thanks...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A Nurse in New York, New York

48 months ago

efigueroa60 in Liberty, New York said: I graduated from LPN school 4 years ago and I did not take my boards. I would like to take them and I am trying to find a refresher that I could take so that I can take my boards. I have been looking but have not had any luck. Does anyone know where I can take one at. I live in liberty N.Y.

I everyone, I notice that a lot of you are asking about LPN refresher courses. I only know of one that might be helpful to you all. It is an online refresher and if you have no problems with self-study this might work for you. It pretty good...might be a bit pricey though.

www.lpnrefreshercourse.com/Home.aspx

Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sheila in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

48 months ago

I'm am looking for an LPN refresher course in NJ or PA? does anyone know of any?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

43 months ago

I am looking for a LPN refresher course close to Eau Claire,Wi. Does anyone know of one?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joanie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

There is a refresher at Allegheny Community College in Pittsburgh only.. it is a fast one and pretty cheap also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MrsBrown in Islip, New York

41 months ago

Brown Works Employment and training Center
LPN Review Courses located in Central Islip NY
81 Carleton Ave
www.brownworks.info
group or 1to 1 reviews
also CNA reviews and CPR/BLS w AED for health care providers
AHA Certified instructors

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mom2mjv in Parlin, New Jersey

39 months ago

Mercer County Technical Schools in Trento NJ is accepting registration for an LPN refresher program. They told that no dates have been set yet, because they need to have a certain amount of interested students.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mom2mjv in Parlin, New Jersey

39 months ago

Sheila in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: I'm am looking for an LPN refresher course in NJ or PA? does anyone know of any?

Mercer County Tech in Trenton NJ

Whisbyy@yahoo.com in Elkhart, Indiana

38 months ago

I think its wonderful the way ppl come together to share valuable information. Just like a lot of you, I too am searching for a lpn refresher course in the city of chicago or indiana area. If anyone can help with any info, I would really appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Becca Bensley in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

jennifer brown in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I graduated from LPN school a year ago and need to take my boards...i am looking for a refresher course near uniontown, pa..or in the pittsburgh area...if anyone knows of any i could use your help..please send an email...jenn0070@verizon.net...thanks...

Hi Jennifer,

Have you ever found a refresher course in the pittsburgh area???? The reason I ask is that my boyfriend lives in pittsburgh right now and would like to take a refresher course. He graduated about 2 years ago. Please let me know. My email address is rebeccabensley@aol.com.

Thank you!
Becca Bensley

David Lamothe in Tampa, Florida

32 months ago

I need to find a refresher course for the LPN NCLEX exam in Tampa, Fl. One with hands on practical and lecture, as well as internet instruction. Thank you, David Lamothe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mjwitkowski@roadrunner.com in Buffalo, New York

31 months ago

I need to find a refresher course in buffalo,new york. I have been out of practice for 16 years and need to take it. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

abm813 in Nashville, Tennessee

30 months ago

I graduated LPN school in Jan 1991 but only worked as a nurse for that one year.Have been away for a long time.I would like to be a nurse again but don't know where to start.Having been away for so long, would a refresher course suffice or would I have to start all over and go through LPN school again?I am 57 yrs. old and wondering if it's too late to start over now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

queeeneileen in Cleveland, Ohio

30 months ago

I'm 56 and I am in a refresher course it is never to late!

katonia

30 months ago

Iam still searching for a refresher course near Hamilton Ohio anybody have any information for me out there?

queeeneileen in Cleveland, Ohio

30 months ago

Hi Katonia, I am taking an LPN refresher at Cleveland State University! I am the only LPN in a class with at least 25 RN's. It is a good review. If you check CSU's web page and look under Continuing Education class's or type in nursing refresher. The class is only on Fridays from 9am-4:30pm I don't know how far this would be for you but there are some people who come from Cincinnati and Akron! Hope this helps! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dawnielle in Kansas City, Missouri

19 months ago

So...I've been looking for an LPN refresher course (not as hard as I should), but I have no idea how to know the good ones from the not so good ones, any ideas for refresher courses in Kansas City, MO?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jaki in Austin, Texas

3 months ago

I live in NYC and is looking for a LPN skills review class. To include skills like Trach care, wound care, GT feelings and etc. if anyone know of someone offering a Skills refresher please share.

Jakii in Jamaica, New York

3 months ago

I live in NYC and is looking for a LPN skills review class. To include skills like Trach care, wound care, GT feelings and etc. if anyone know of someone offering a Skills refresher please share.

Kerry1981 in Trumbull, Connecticut

3 months ago

If possible, consider becoming a RN and bypass being a Practical/Vocational Nurse. There are plenty of online schools and programs, just make sure they are accredited! www.nursing-classes.info/registered-nurse/registered-nurse-classes-online/

sac

3 months ago

Dee1979 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Jamie I live in Cincinnati and the closest I've found is in Troy, about 73 miles away. I found it by going to the boards website, and clicking on education over to the left. All the way at the bottom it has nursing refresher course lists. Hope that helps

Thank you for the info.
I live in Cincinnati. I dod the LPN program at a local vacation school. Took my boards.
Passed. I work prn at a nursing facility where I worked as a nurse aide.
I now wrok as a Patioent Care Assistant in a major hospital. They use lpn's in their Hospice Unit but, travel and experience is a must and we all know new nurses don'r have that yet.
I do feel a refresher course woulod be helpful.
Thanks

sac

3 months ago

Dee1979 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Jamie I live in Cincinnati and the closest I've found is in Troy, about 73 miles away. I found it by going to the boards website, and clicking on education over to the left. All the way at the bottom it has nursing refresher course lists. Hope that helps

Thank you for the info.
I live in Cincinnati. I did the LPN program at a local vacation school. Took my boards.
Passed. I work prn at a nursing facility where I worked as a nurse aide.
I now wrok as a Patient Care Assistant in a major hospital. I have been there a while and have seniority and time built up so I reluctant to just mup and leave cold. They use LPN's in their Hospice Unit but, travel and experience is a must and we all know new nurses don't have that yet.
I do feel a refresher course would be helpfulas well.Thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.