LPN certificate vs. associates degree pay

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

bigmother in Troy, New York

51 months ago

I am 40 yrs old, married with 2 kids ages 11 and 7. I am currently an MA/phlebotomist and seriously considering taking the LPN certificate program (approx 13 months) at Mildred Elley. I want to choose this over the associates program because of the time it takes, which is a bit of an issue to begin with.
My question(s) is what is lacking from the certificate program since it is so much shorter? Also, would there be a pay difference when I am looking for a job? Would I get paid less because I only have the certificate as opposed to the associates degree? Thanks so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bigmother in Troy, New York

51 months ago

bigmother in Troy, New York said: I am 40 yrs old, married with 2 kids ages 11 and 7. I am currently an MA/phlebotomist and seriously considering taking the LPN certificate program (approx 13 months) at Mildred Elley. I want to choose this over the associates program because of the time it takes, which is a bit of an issue to begin with.
My question(s) is what is lacking from the certificate program since it is so much shorter? Also, would there be a pay difference when I am looking for a job? Would I get paid less because I only have the certificate as opposed to the associates degree? Thanks so much.

OK, never mind! LOL I just looked it up and there is no such thing as an associates for LPN. But you guys probably already knew that! :o)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KLee in Albany, New York

50 months ago

bigmother in Troy, New York said: I am 40 yrs old, married with 2 kids ages 11 and 7. I am currently an MA/phlebotomist and seriously considering taking the LPN certificate program (approx 13 months) at Mildred Elley. I want to choose this over the associates program because of the time it takes, which is a bit of an issue to begin with.

Hi! My name is Katherine and I work in the Admissions department at Mildred Elley. I am so excited you are considering our program. I would love to set up a time for you to come in and meet with me so we can discuss the LPN program as well as I can answer any questions you may have. You can reach me at my email address klee@mildred-elley.edu. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Hope you are having a great day!

- Katherine Lee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jane in San Diego, California

26 months ago

bigmother in Troy, New York said: OK, never mind! LOL I just looked it up and there is no such thing as an associates for LPN. But you guys probably already knew that! :o)

Yes, there actually is an associates for LPN. I would know, I'm currently enrolled in the program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.