School

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 105)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Jenniffer Yan in Fairfield, Connecticut

88 months ago

Hi everyone I Live in NY and I will like to know if anybody have any idea of a LPN or RN school. That doesn't require to take the admission test cause I'm really bad in math and there is no way i can pass that test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Lacey2 in oneida, New York

87 months ago

Jennifer, check out continuing education programs like Boces for LPN program. They require a 10th grade math level and offer free refresher courses. Most community colleges will make you take a Mat 100 course (non credit) to get you up to speed. I would suggest RN school rather than LPN. I am an LPN and now in school for RN due to the limits on what LPN's can do and go with their career. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jenniffer in Croton On Hudson, New York

87 months ago

To become an LPN Is the entrances test hard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Greer, South Carolina

87 months ago

Jennifer,

You will have to be able to pass math in order to pass pharmacology. I agree...get your RN degree. yes, nursing school is hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sara,clarke in Metairie, Louisiana

87 months ago

Is there any school in louisiana that allowed you to do the study without the math test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sara,clarke in Metairie, Louisiana

87 months ago

is there any in louisiana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nia in Rochester, New York

86 months ago

Hi everyone ,I Live in NY and I will like to know if anybody have any idea of a LPN school. That doesn't require to take the admission test. Because English is
My secong longage and I'am slow in readig.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

jennifer Ramirez in Tampa, Florida

84 months ago

Is there any schools in tampa that dont make you take entrance test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

tricia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

i would like to know is there a lpn shool that don't ast for you to take the test and how may i study for the test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Liverpool, New York

83 months ago

Have any of you considered brushing up on your math/english skills or getting a tutor to help you remember high school math? My sister is a math teacher and it had been years since I graduated. Before I took my test for LPN school, I had her help me brush up on some of my basic math and it really helped. It wasn't hard. It was just a matter of going through and refreshing my memory on things I haven't used in years. Maybe this would help some of you. Most schools I know have entrance exams you need to take. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs .M in Freeport, Bahamas

83 months ago

hi i am moving to orlando and i want to become a LPN could some one recommend some schools to me and some information on the exam to enroll is it heard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandi in New York, New York

80 months ago

Tammy,
I totally agree. If you dont learn the math, you will NOT make it thru LPN school. Reason: LPNs give medications. You must know HOW MUCH to give. You dont want to kill someone. Come on now, I was out of school 30+ years. I had to learn it all over. It is not so hard. Ratio and proportion is quite easy. That is all you need to know, although you need the basics also. If you absolutely cant do the math, maybe you should look into another profession. Nursing is not easy. When I get to the nursing home, I would hope all of you know how much medication to give me. :) GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Duluth, Georgia

80 months ago

What type is math do I need to know for pharmacology?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Duluth, Georgia

80 months ago

Sorry, meant to say what type of math

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Syracuse, New York

80 months ago

You will be learning the metric system, multiplying, dividing, converting measurements. Your teachers should give your formulas to use for figuring out dosages and converting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

M in Flushing, New York

80 months ago

Hi, every body! I need a help, I am looking for LPN school in NYC. I have horrible situation. First of all, I am 38. Then, that I am student in community college. I passed ACT math and reading test, but writing test I fell. So, from fall 2007 I am taking ESL, they sent me on the beginner level of ESL. So, if I pass right now ESL final exam, I should take for short semester ENG and after that they let me take again ACT writing test. Than, if I’ll pass ACT, I could take pre-clinical courses at fall 2008 and if I will do it very well (from A to B+, no less than), maybe at spring 2009 they will take me on the LPN program. So, spring 2010 will be my graduations. What do you think about my LPN educations? Is it too much for LPN to study for three years? That why I am looking for LPN school in NYC, but not in CUNY. Please, help me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

M in Flushing, New York

80 months ago

This horrible letters is “will”

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

M in Flushing, New York

80 months ago

will

sorry

78 months ago

tasha said: yes there is one in akron ohio the name of the school is brown mackie the number is 13307338766 the program is for 15 months classes is 1pm-4pm monday-thursday ask to speak to beth they enroll everymonth all you take is a placement test it doesnt matter if you pass or fell

Is this a program to become an RN? What is the pay rate for LPN in a nursing home in that area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

j.klyzek in Saint Louis, Missouri

78 months ago

where is this school and you said it doesnt matter if you pass or fail to get in...please help anyone preferably something like this in the chicago,illinois area would be great..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

anything in chicago area for lpns with easy entrance exam..possibly something like pass or fail but results dont matter you get admitted anyways..or 8th grade math and 12th grade reading..i heard dawson institute but they cancelled there program and you need youre basic college prereqs..i am 35 years old so any advice i need to get my stuff together...thank you so much

78 months ago

anytbing in the new york area as well would be appreciated for lpn programs with and easy entrance..possibly just pass/fail..results dont matter to get in..or 8th grade math and 12th grade reading..

Felicia in Norfolk, Virginia

77 months ago

I need information on the best schools that i can attend for lpn that dont cost a fortune. And I also the length of the class.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jamie in Fairport, New York

77 months ago

I need to know if anyone knows of a refresher course for LPN's . I have been out of work for awhile now and would like to brush up on my skills before applying for a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tamika Whylly in Vero Beach, Florida

77 months ago

Why are nurses underpaid at hospitals?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angel in Tampa, Florida

76 months ago

jennifer Ramirez in Tampa, Florida said: Is there any schools in tampa that dont make you take entrance test?

None that I know of. I am currently going for my LPN at Erwin Tech and ther is an entrance test there unless you have a degree entering the program. I agree that you should get the RN this will allow you to work on your math skills, at a slower pace than at an excelerated pace "Like LPN Classes" that are less than 2 years. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angel in Tampa, Florida

76 months ago

Beth in Duluth, Georgia said: Sorry, meant to say what type of math

What you need to know are how to how to convert fractions to decimals, how to divide them. You must know how to convert using different measures such at the metric house hold and appothicary. adding and subtracting using decimals. ect... Don't be affraid of the math, like everything else you do. it can be learned.

Angel in Tampa, Florida

76 months ago

Felicia in Norfolk, Virginia said: I need information on the best schools that i can attend for lpn that dont cost a fortune. And I also the length of the class.

Thanks

Look up the board of nursing for your state, on it you will find a list of schools that are and are not approved by the board of Nursing that you may wish to attend.

cici in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

76 months ago

what now I'm taking the LPN class.But what i can tell you it's not hard and it's not easy either.All you need to do is to study study and focus on what you are doing

lyn in Johnstown, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

I TOOK THE PREADMISSION TEST YESTERDAY. I SCORED WELL ON EVERYTHING BUT THE MATH IT WAS SO HARD. SO I HAVE TO BE TUTORED IN MATH. 6 WKS

BuddhaNature in Collingswood, New Jersey

70 months ago

lyn in Johnstown, Pennsylvania said: I TOOK THE PREADMISSION TEST YESTERDAY. I SCORED WELL ON EVERYTHING BUT THE MATH IT WAS SO HARD. SO I HAVE TO BE TUTORED IN MATH. 6 WKS

WONDERFUL ! To all future LPNS.would you want a nurse who could not do math giving you meds ? One decimal point off and you could cause seriously harm someone. Also scary is those not proficient enough in writting and communicating in English. Verbal and written communication is very important in nursing Speaking and writting in English in a proficient way is used by nurses everyday.You must be able to communicate well to your patients,other nurses,MD,and a host of other people while at work.So stop looking for loopholes to get around these requirements,because if you find them,and get into nursing school,you will soon be found out,and put out not being able to meet the basics, and if you do squeak by disaster awaits you and your patients down the line, and unfortunately you will be affecting other nurses who have to work with you or behind you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lyn in Hollsopple, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

So what is your point . i am getting tutor in math before i retest.So what is your problem if you have a weakness and want this you study and study. And by the way i am a med tech and as a med tech we didn;t use math we used measurments. LET ME GUESS YOU ARE PROBABLY UNEMPLOYED. NOT TRYING TO BETTER YOURSELF JUST GIVEN INFORMATION YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUt. give people credit when we want someting we go after it. and notsit at home on the computer all day your future nurse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lissa in Centreville, Virginia

66 months ago

Does anybody know of a school in Northern VA where I can get my LPN first? There are so many schools here but I dont know which one is good? I will not go to global health I have heard too many bad things. Please help!! I am looking into Ultimate Health but I dont know about that school either.... Yes RN is my main goal but I need to get my lpn first...

sorry

66 months ago

Lissa in Centreville, Virginia said: Does anybody know of a school in Northern VA where I can get my LPN first? There are so many schools here but I dont know which one is good? I will not go to global health I have heard too many bad things. Please help!! I am looking into Ultimate Health but I dont know about that school either.... Yes RN is my main goal but I need to get my lpn first...

Ther is a school in Alexdenria,Va. The school have the LPN and RN program. If you need more information email me back.

Lissa in Centreville, Virginia

66 months ago

Yes please tell. What is the school called, is there a website and do you know hoe much for both programs? Or do you have to be an LPN before you enroll in the RN program?

Thanks!

sorry

66 months ago

The website is www.ghnts.com in Alexandria, VA 22314 Good Luck keep me posted on your success or if you need more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lissa in Leesburg, Virginia

66 months ago

I was looking for something besides that school, I have heard so many bad things about that school. But thanks anyway :)

sorry

66 months ago

There is one in Newport News,Va but that might be too far for you to travel.There is one in Ohio but again I don't know how far you are in Va.

Kristy Lynn in Manahawkin, New Jersey

66 months ago

Jenniffer Yan in Fairfield, Connecticut said: Hi everyone I Live in NY and I will like to know if anybody have any idea of a LPN or RN school. That doesn't require to take the admission test cause I'm really bad in math and there is no way i can pass that test.

In order to be in nursing you have to be able to do basic math so you can calculate drug doses, there is no way around it, however there are several book in the bookstore that prepare you to take the entrance exam

sorry

66 months ago

Kristy Lynn in Manahawkin, New Jersey said: In order to be in nursing you have to be able to do basic math so you can calculate drug doses, there is no way around it, however there are several book in the bookstore that prepare you to take the entrance exam

The math that is on the entrance test you will never in your life of nursing have to use it. The math in nursing is basic math to calculate. The meds ie the doctor ordered Rocephin 1gm IM for a patient but in the medication room you have a vial that reads Rocephin 2gm/1ml. How many milliters would you give to this patient? on those entrance test you need to know sgaure roots,percentage and more in depth algebra. Nursing math on the job is simple and basic math and what you are not sure of just call the pharmacy.

Kristy Lynn in Manahawkin, New Jersey

66 months ago

I totally disagree

sorry

66 months ago

Kristy Lynn in Manahawkin, New Jersey said: I totally disagree

First, how long have you been a nurse? Second, what area do you work in? Third, for the readers explian why you disagree with my comment about the math. Are you a LPN or RN?

Bibi from Orlando, FL in Ocoee, Florida

65 months ago

First of all I am new to this site. When I was in High School I attended a work study program at a Hospital. I was so inspired by this nure and since then I wanted to become one nurse. My intention is to start out with LPN. I would like to know the following: -
1. Lpn program in the Orlando area.
2. Is it hard to get in to program.
3. Starting salary for a lpn
4. When I get my license can I work in NY with a FL license.

Thank you all in advance

tammy in Roselle Park, New Jersey

64 months ago

hi im in high school right now n i just wanted to ask if there are any lpn school near woodbridge nj.

bbj3 in Lakeland, Florida

64 months ago

i would like to know of a good lpn school in the tampa area or lakeland area and are the entrance test hard? also is there a long wait list for these programs

sorry

64 months ago

sorry said: First, how long have you been a nurse? Second, what area do you work in? Third, for the readers explian why you disagree with my comment about the math. Are you a LPN or RN?

Good Morning Kristy and Readers,
First,I have been a nurse for 18 lovely years and have enjoyed each and every year of employment.Second I am presently employed and work on a skilled unit title LPN/SUPERVISOR.I have also worked as a SCHOOL NURSE,PEDIACTRIC CLINIC in NYC Dept of Health and on long term care units. Third,I disagreed with your comment somewhat because the math that is on the entrance test is hard. The math that we use everyday at work is basic math,subtraction,conversion and multiplication and what you don't know call the pharmacy. On the entrance exam you have square roots,graphing inequalities and geometry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sorry

64 months ago

sorry said: First, how long have you been a nurse? Second, what area do you work in? Third, for the readers explian why you disagree with my comment about the math. Are you a LPN or RN?

Continue: basically if you learn how to do ratio and proportions then you have it made and agin if yiu have a problem you can call the pharmacy. I hope that I gave you enough information if not please respond and I will be happy to answer any and all questios ask. I would like to know how long have you been a nurse and what is your title?

Christina in Woodbridge, Virginia

64 months ago

Lissa in Centreville, Virginia said: Does anybody know of a school in Northern VA where I can get my LPN first? There are so many schools here but I dont know which one is good? I will not go to global health I have heard too many bad things. Please help!! I am looking into Ultimate Health but I dont know about that school either.... Yes RN is my main goal but I need to get my lpn first...

I am also looking for LPN schools. I have heared of global health, and took my cna test there, although that is not where i took my classes. i am so confused. if you have found out anything will you please email me back.

lisa in Wallace, West Virginia

64 months ago

Jenniffer Yan in Fairfield, Connecticut said: Hi everyone I Live in NY and I will like to know if anybody have any idea of a LPN or RN school. That doesn't require to take the admission test cause I'm really bad in math and there is no way i can pass that test.

I am a RN and you REALLY REALLY NEED math skills.....its a huge part of your job....I suggest some type of refresher math course/tudor....something.....it is a matter of life and death for your patients!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms. Butterfly in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

Please please do not try an skip the math or the entrance test.If you fear math then think twice before becoming a Nurse. You don't want to over dose a patient due to a math error, and that is more likely to happen then not if your math skills need help.

I was like you looking for a way around the math; but I knew that my patients are people and the loved ones of others. I would not be able to live with myself if I killed a patient because I didn't understand the value of a decimal. Example .001 v.s .01 or .5=1/2 you 'll need to know my friend. To over does or under dose is bad.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.