TO RN PROGRAMMES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (203) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Eleanor Snyder in Raleigh, North Carolina

78 months ago

Looking for LPN to RN online programs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

JohnInNY in Syracuse, New York

78 months ago

Eleanor Snyder in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Looking for LPN to RN online programs

Eleanor:

- You may want to try Excelsior College at www.excelsior.edu. I am just starting my LPN to RN program through them.

- I would contact them for a brochure and see what they have to offer.

- As a side note. Watch out for companies like College Network. This is a publishing company that sells you study guides for $3000 or more ... but are NOT affiliated with Excelsior. Just a heads up.

- Good luck in your edeavors.

John Coxey
(Syracuse, NY)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Thanks John good luck to you also. I just might give it a try

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

JohnInNY in Syracuse, New York said: Eleanor:

- You may want to try Excelsior College at www.excelsior.edu. I am just starting my LPN to RN program through them.

- As a side note. Watch out for companies like College Network. This is a publishing company that sells you study guides for $3000 or more ... but are NOT affiliated with Excelsior. Just a heads up.

John Coxey
(Syracuse, NY)

Thanks John this was helpful. I just might give it a try. Good luck to you as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tonya in Midlothian, Virginia

73 months ago

yetunde ogundahunsi in Baltimore, Maryland said: CAN YOU GIVE ME SCHOOLS IN VIRGINIA THAT OFFERS ONE YEAR LPN
TO RN PROGRAMMES

Hi I am in Richmond Va/Midlothian Va and Medical Careers Institute offers a one year LPN program It is now pretty pricey but it includes everything and has the highest pass rate in the state. They are a title IV school offers financial aid I beleive it is around 24,000. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tonya in Midlothian, Virginia

73 months ago

yetunde ogundahunsi in Baltimore, Maryland said: CAN YOU GIVE ME SCHOOLS IN VIRGINIA THAT OFFERS ONE YEAR LPN
TO RN PROGRAMMES

This is Tonya again, I misread the question. No the best school is probably going to be Excelsior. There are waiting list everywhere and they are competitve based. (GPA) persons withe the highest gpa get in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Carmen in Aiken, South Carolina

73 months ago

John Coxey
(Syracuse, NY)

Hi John.. I'm a LPN and would like to try Excelsior.. can you tell me how your doing with the program.. My EMail is cdeease@yahoo.com.. would truly appreciate your advice.. Thanks Carmen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lachelle Gee in Petersburg, Virginia

73 months ago

Does anybody know anything about the LPN program at Beta Tech...... I know its an Assoc degree prog. 15 mos if you go 4 nites a week... hmmmmm... any thawts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nicholle in Sanford, Florida

73 months ago

John Coxey
(Syracuse, NY)

Is this true? Can i take a one year program to go from a LPN to RN. Normally RN takes four years and LPN here in Florida is one year. If so...this is excellent news.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

nicholle in Sanford, Florida

73 months ago

I have been reading your replies..LPN- RN and I know that I can become an RN in one year or so with Excelsior College. I went on their site and got very confused. I am trying to figure out what programs (courses ) that I have to take in order to become an RN. I contacted Excelsior College and they were no help what so ever. I apologize for sounding ignorant but any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Nicholle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

OKDT in Richmond, Virginia

72 months ago

Lachelle Gee in Petersburg, Virginia said: Does anybody know anything about the LPN program at Beta Tech...... I know its an Assoc degree prog. 15 mos if you go 4 nites a week... hmmmmm... any thawts?

Beta Tech in Richmond,va is now Centura College and I attend there LPN program. It's hard work and I'm almost finish my 1st quarter.If you really want it its a good school to attend they have a passing rate of 90% or better when it comes to the State Boards.I will graduate in May 2009.It's a very fast paced program but the teachers so far are great. I attend ful time Mon.-Thurs. 8:30-3:30 for 14 1/2 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

erena in Palm Harbor, Florida

71 months ago

Is any LPN school that you know in tampabay area? thanks .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Richmond, Virginia

71 months ago

I know of someone who was kicked out of Centura College.They have changed so much since new people took over this school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Richmond, Virginia

71 months ago

I think Medical Career Institute and Bryant and Straton
offers LPN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toni in Richmond, Virginia

70 months ago

I dont agree with the comment that beta tech has the highest pass rate on the boards. As a matter of fact they have one of the worst pass rates on the broads. The school got such a bad reputation that they changed the name from beta tech to centura. Some of the Schools with the higest pass rates for Practical Nursing are St.Marys School of Nursing @ 92% and MCI@ 88%. Check it out for your self. St.Marys School of Nursing and Chesterfield tech are some of the most affortable schools averaging anywhere from $2500-$3500 to attend. All cost included because they are funded through the county unlike those high priced private school. I Know alot of people who went to those high priced private colleges and never passed there state board. Just Something to think about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toni in Richmond, Virginia

70 months ago

I dont agree with the comment that beta tech has the highest pass rate on the boards. As a matter of fact they have one of the worst pass rates on the broads. The school got such a bad reputation that they changed the name from beta tech to centura. Some of the Schools with the higest pass rates for Practical Nursing are St.Marys School of Nursing @ 92% and MCI@ 88%. Check it out for your self. St.Marys School of Nursing and Chesterfield tech are some of the most affordable schools averaging anywhere from $2500-$3500 to attend. All cost included because they are funded through the county unlike those high priced private school. I Know alot of people who went to those high priced private colleges and never passed there state board. And now owe thousands of dollars in loans. Just Something to think about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Fishers, Indiana

69 months ago

Dear LPN's, Paramedic's, and Respiratory Thereapists:

If you are interested in earning your RN in a short period of time via an online classroom or independent study call Jason P. at toll free 888-955-3276 or email me at jasonp@dlsii.com. Visit our site at www.dlsii.com for more details! Only $50 to enroll in our program! Call Jason P. at toll free 888-955-3276. Have a great day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mercy in Greenwood, Mississippi

67 months ago

Hello, I'm thinking of moving to Colorado, Spring.
Can you tell me are there any one Lpn school in
the area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nakia in Midlothian, Virginia

67 months ago

Hi! I just read some of these comments and decided to look at the Va Board of Nursing Website. You can go there and look at every nursing school in Va and see their pass rates. Toni, "as a matter of fact" YOU'RE WAY WRONG! The Midlothian Beta Tech/Centura has one of the HIGHEST PASS RATES!!!!
2 of my friends go there and they love it! They were telling me that they changed their name cuz they have alot of schools that had different names so now they will all have the same name. They were talking about in the last few months since their new director came in - the place is making all kinds of changes FOR THEIR STUDENTS - they are upgrading the building and the people there are so nice! I have been thinking about going back to school and I've called around - NOONE at the other schools cared much whether or not I came there - at Centura they were so nice and just encouraged me to just GO to school, no matter where I went. They wouldn't lie to me (when they could've) - When I do get brave enough to just go back to school THAT is where I'm goin - Peace

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rosmichele in Brooklyn, New York

67 months ago

does anyone have any info on the "DISTANCE LEARNING SYSTEMS" where you go to class once a week for LPN-RN program?

T Williams in Richmond, Virginia

67 months ago

OKDT in Richmond, Virginia said: Beta Tech in Richmond,va is now Centura College and I attend there LPN program. It's hard work and I'm almost finish my 1st quarter.If you really want it its a good school to attend they have a passing rate of 90% or better when it comes to the State Boards.I will graduate in May 2009.It's a very fast paced program but the teachers so far are great. I attend ful time Mon.-Thurs. 8:30-3:30 for 14 1/2 months.

the LPN program at beta tech, are the classes always 8:30 to 3:30 or do they sometimes run longer than 3:30? Does anyone know?

diane jo in Washington, District of Columbia

66 months ago

Could you pls tell me where i can study LPN to RN program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Emily in Apo

66 months ago

Hello to everyone. Im a LPN looking for a LPN-RN program. I know about college network and Excelsior but Im looking for a program that I can attend classes. Want a vocational school if anyone out there knows of a vocational LPN-RN program please help. Does not matter what state its in will travel and live in that state for the duration of class. If you can provide numbers to the schools that will be appreciated also. Out in Germany and sometimes its hard to get some of the correct numbers and address of the net. Thank you all in advance. Emily

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Marlinton, West Virginia

66 months ago

Tonya in Midlothian, Virginia said: This is Tonya again, I misread the question. No the best school is probably going to be Excelsior. There are waiting list everywhere and they are competitve based. (GPA) persons withe the highest gpa get in.

the virginia state board of nursing no longer allows excelsior college exams or people entered into the college network to sit for the state board of rn. i know this because i have money invested,not to mention time in college net and now i find out it was a waste.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

887 in Colonial Heights, Virginia

66 months ago

- You may want to try Excelsior College at www.excelsior.edu . I am just starting my LPN to RN program through them.

John Coxey
(Syracuse, NY)

NO LONGER ACCEPTED IN VA

Ken in Wesley Chapel, Florida

66 months ago

Is anyone using RUE for the study guides?

marie in West Haven, Connecticut

65 months ago

Do anyone know someone who started and finished the Excelsior LPN to rn program

Amanda in Petersburg, Virginia

63 months ago

TO RN PROGRAMMES

The MCI program is now 18 months but they do now have a 24 month RN program in Richmond aswell

tiffdeandre in Richmond, Virginia

63 months ago

is the 24 month rn program in the evenings. Also why is 18 months now? did they add new stuff?

makin it thru in Richmond, Virginia

63 months ago

Lachelle Gee in Petersburg, Virginia said: Does anybody know anything about the LPN program at Beta Tech...... I know its an Assoc degree prog. 15 mos if you go 4 nites a week... hmmmmm... any thawts?

I'm currently attending their LPN program in Richmond west and its a good excellerated program. It's full time days from 8:30 -3:30. There's some great teachers here but the school it's self has alot of organization to work on. Overall it comes down to how bad you want to become a LPN because no school is easy! Good luck and it's all it what you make it!

63 months ago

Toni in Richmond, Virginia said: I dont agree with the comment that beta tech has the highest pass rate on the boards. As a matter of fact they have one of the worst pass rates on the broads. The school got such a bad reputation that they changed the name from beta tech to centura. Some of the Schools with the higest pass rates for Practical Nursing are St.Marys School of Nursing @ 92% and MCI@ 88%. Check it out for your self. St.Marys School of Nursing and Chesterfield tech are some of the most affortable schools averaging anywhere from $2500-$3500 to attend. All cost included because they are funded through the county unlike those high priced private school. I Know alot of people who went to those high priced private colleges and never passed there state board. Just Something to think about.

I suggest that u look up your information before you put it out like that! You can always look up that kind of infromation on the dept. of health professions web site and it will show u the schools and their passing rate!!We went from a passing rate of < 50% to a passing rate of 93%! So please get your facts straight!!!

63 months ago

T Williams in Richmond, Virginia said: the LPN program at beta tech, are the classes always 8:30 to 3:30 or do they sometimes run longer than 3:30? Does anyone know?

The LPN program at the West Richmond campus is a full-time class and it's always 8:30-3:30.Unforunately they don't have a LPN night class.Hope you get what your looking for and don't give up on your education!

looking4work in Charlotte, North Carolina

63 months ago

hey i am in the charlotte,nc area and wanted to know if anyone knows of any doctor's office, clinics or urgent care, that may hire LPns'? if someone pls could help me with this info, i would consider driving 30 miles outside of charlotte. thanks

Chrmnldy in Chester, Virginia

62 months ago

Try RHST, they have an evening LPN class(Mon-Thurs, no weekends) even the clinicals are done during the week but it is 18 months and a new class starts 3/23/09. Do not do Excelsior program, VA no long accepts it. MCI LPN program is $29K, their RN program is $80K and RHST is $18K(but they accept financial aid but MCI does not with them you have to get private loans). I have interviewed with all three and thats how I got the prices.

Good luck in choosing a school!!

JOJO in Slingerlands, New York

62 months ago

Ken in Wesley Chapel, Florida said: Is anyone using RUE for the study guides?

STAY AWAY FROM RUE THEY ARE A RIP OFF!!! THEY ONLY DISTRIBUTE THE BOOKS..YOU HAVE TO TRANSFER TO EXCELSIOR IF THEY ACCEPT YOUR PREVIOUS COURSES!!!

lthomas in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

61 months ago

JUST WONDERING ABOUT COLLEGE NETWORK AND EXCELSOR COLLEGE? ANY IDEAS FROM ANYBODY? I SEE A FEW NEGATIVES EXPERIENCES

workingmary in Greenville, North Carolina

59 months ago

DO anyone know where there is a LPN to RN program offered nights or weekend only. I'm sure theres a course somewhere , weekend classes is the answer for me.

Kgregg in Yonkers, New York

59 months ago

can anyone explain the diff between the 9mo certificate prog for LPN oppose to the 18mo lpn program u would take at a community college? I mean other that the obvious...the length of time...

oma in Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland

59 months ago

heather in Marlinton, West Virginia said: the virginia state board of nursing no longer allows excelsior college exams or people entered into the college network to sit for the state board of rn. i know this because i have money invested,not to mention time in college net and now i find out it was a waste.

Would you be willing to part with or sell your college network materials? i may use those materials.

Meri in Worcester, Massachusetts

59 months ago

Not too long ago, I'd heard that several states were attempting to push a new law through allowing LPNs who have been in practice for five plus consecutive years the opportunity to sit for RN boards as a bridge program. Has anyone heard anything further about this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

workingmary in Greenville, North Carolina

58 months ago

No, but that would be great,where did you get that information from i would love to get more info.

meri in Maspeth, New York

58 months ago

workingmary in Greenville, North Carolina said: No, but that would be great,where did you get that information from i would love to get more info.

It was from a friend of mine who'd done a travel position in Phoenix (I believe she referred to AZ as one of the states), and I'm trying to get back in touch with her to find out more. Apparently several individual states were more than questionable about it, but a bunch of LPNs were trying to get groups together to petition the Federal government to push it through. If anyone else is interested in petitioning for this, I'd love to work with them to see if we can take some steps toward it.

Cheryl LPN in Portsmouth, Virginia

58 months ago

Eleanor Snyder in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Looking for LPN to RN online programs

Va State Board of Nursing is only giving students of Excelsior's nursing program to gradueate until 12/31/09, Excelsior has a 9 month waiting period for their Clinical Exam, but don't forget about the 2 months from applying for the Clincial exam approval, plus the 9 months before you actually can take the Clinical Exam and the Colege says that they need 2 monhts to process your graduation application. So I have kissed getting my RN from Excelsior away.

If you have the time, MCI, has a RN program 15monhts but its 4 mights/days a week plus clinicals. Its a little too much for me as a working mother.

If you hear anything promising, please let me know.

chrmnldy in Brentwood, Maryland

58 months ago

Chrmnldy in Chester, Virginia said: Try RHST, they have an evening LPN class(Mon-Thurs, no weekends) even the clinicals are done during the week but it is 18 months and a new class starts 3/23/09. Do not do Excelsior program, VA no long accepts it. MCI LPN program is $29K, their RN program is $80K and RHST is $18K(but they accept financial aid but MCI does not with them you have to get private loans). I have interviewed with all three and thats how I got the prices.

Good luck in choosing a school!!

I wanted to add a couple of things to my message:

One RSHT credits only transfer to JTCC nursing transition program. The classes are easy but fast pased..changing classes every 5 weeks, but it is accredited where has the others are just approved.

Two Devry has a day nursing program ($38,000 and 20 months)

Three Bon Secour has restarted their evening nursing program(only taking applications 2x a year, class is 30 months)

VCU has a fulltime nursing program for people who already have a Bachelor's. Its full time day for a year.

Southside Regional Medical Center and JTCC have both a day program and online program(clinicals are during the day)but space is limited.

Indiana State Univeristy does an LPN to Rn program online and you do your clinicals in the area, this program is approved by VA according to the website.

Im also finding that in order to transition from LPN to RN you must work as an LPN for a year before applying to the transition programs, but you can apply straight to the nursing programs with no experience...which makes no sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kgregg in Yonkers, New York

58 months ago

@chrmldy thanks for the info!!

tierra in Richmond, Virginia

57 months ago

Nakia in Midlothian, Virginia said: Hi! I just read some of these comments and decided to look at the Va Board of Nursing Website. You can go there and look at every nursing school in Va and see their pass rates. Toni, "as a matter of fact" YOU'RE WAY WRONG! The Midlothian Beta Tech/Centura has one of the HIGHEST PASS RATES!!!!
2 of my friends go there and they love it! They were telling me that they changed their name cuz they have alot of schools that had different names so now they will all have the same name. They were talking about in the last few months since their new director came in - the place is making all kinds of changes FOR THEIR STUDENTS - they are upgrading the building and the people there are so nice! I have been thinking about going back to school and I've called around - NOONE at the other schools cared much whether or not I came there - at Centura they were so nice and just encouraged me to just GO to school, no matter where I went. They wouldn't lie to me (when they could've) - When I do get brave enough to just go back to school THAT is where I'm goin - Peace[/QUOTE

how much is the The Midlothian Beta Tech/Centura lpn classes?

oldtimer in Angier, North Carolina

57 months ago

If you want to deal with a bad school rock on over to Centura. They may not even have teachers available for classes you need to take. One day there will be an audit and it will come out that unqualified people were teaching classes. Most are unemployable in their fields as they dont have the knowledge background. At the West campus they had a lady that was a figurehead. She was so old she barely made it to the classroom.

The school has an interesting way of maintaining staff employment. Ask about how a director was fired for giving an unproctored nursing exam to students after they had failed several times. Ask why you wont see the good teachers there very long. Ask why the guy running the computer business program has no computer skills and even though the whole school knows he is woefully underqualified he is still allowed to teach classes.

Go to John Tyler, MCV, St Marys, MCI or somewhere that staff is trained, professional and not just selling you 'scrubs' with a school logo. I would NEVER let a Beta Tech/centura grad touch me in a medical situation.

jj in Summit, Mississippi

56 months ago

Eleanor Snyder in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Thanks John this was helpful. I just might give it a try. Good luck to you as well.

Hi,
My name is JJ and I am having problems passing the tests through excelsior. The test seem foreign to me what you are to ready and study. Have you taken any of the test and passed if so what did you study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mom2girls9704 in North Charleston, South Carolina

56 months ago

Hi. I just wanted to put my two cents in about Beta Tech/Centura College. I don't know about the schools in Columbia or Virginia, but the one in North Charleston, SC sucks! I went to school there for to be a Medical Assistant. For the most part, the school is a joke. The staff and teachers were nice but that's about it. All they care about is getting their quota and taking your money. When I first started going there, it was called Beta Tech. Then all of a sudden they were scrambling to change everything about the school to Centura College. When a student asked why, it was all hush, hush. The staff was not allowed to speak a word on any of it. Because we only had 5 weeks per class and had to cover so much, there were certain teachers that would give the answers to the tests and final exams so that the students would pass or get high grades. Everyone is also promised job placement when you graduate. I graduated in March and aced my certification exam (Was no cheating involved with the Certification exam) have my credentials but still do not have a job. It's always because I don't have 6 months experience or because the interviewers know about the bad rep the school has. I have school loans to pay back, but I am unable because I don't have the job I was promised. I feel like I wasted a year of my life, time and money and feel that I was jipped.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.