LPN programs in Michigan

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

stace101 in Detroit, Michigan

69 months ago

Please someone tell me that there is a school in Michigan that has an LPN program. Please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (103) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Latrina Harris in Detroit, Michigan

69 months ago

stace101 in Detroit, Michigan said: Please someone tell me that there is a school in Michigan that has an LPN program. Please.

Yes....Schoolcraft Community College in Livonia,MI and Oakland Community College in Southfield,MI offers an LPN program. I may consider Oakland's program but there is of course a 1 year waiting list. There are others but I see that you are located in Detroit and I just thought these two locations would suffice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stace101 in Detroit, Michigan

69 months ago

Thank you so much for your comment. If you have any other schools please let me know then I'll see what's too far for me to travel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Cleveland, Ohio

66 months ago

stace101 in Detroit, Michigan said: Please someone tell me that there is a school in Michigan that has an LPN program. Please.

I dont know how far you want to drive but their is one at Jackson Community College I just finished the program- Jennifer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

BevBatchelor in Detroit, Michigan

65 months ago

ms mae in Detroit, Michigan said: yes ,there is a one year program and it's 8000.00 the address is 230 grandriver by the ymca downtown

What is the name of the school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nursetammy914 in Grand Blanc, Michigan

63 months ago

Latrina Harris in Detroit, Michigan said: Yes....Schoolcraft Community College in Livonia,MI and Oakland Community College in Southfield,MI offers an LPN program. I may consider Oakland's program but there is of course a 1 year waiting list. There are others but I see that you are located in Detroit and I just thought these two locations would suffice.

I attended Oakland Comm. College in 1988. Most of your studies are at the 9 mile & Greenfield campus and your clinicals are at a wide variety of locations. My favorite was Wm. Beaumont at 13 mile & Woodward where I was recruited by Beaumont and LOVED working there until I had to move due to my husbands promotion with relocation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

maxi in Detroit, Michigan

62 months ago

Im looking for an one year program in lpn,if anyone knows of one that would be helpful to me,I hoped that the program jtpa was available but can't get information on that program either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

msb in Detroit, Michigan

55 months ago

I was looking into a lpn program also and I wanted to know if there are any others besides occ or schoolcraft college

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

tj in Canton, Michigan

53 months ago

msb in Detroit, Michigan said: I was looking into a lpn program also and I wanted to know if there are any others besides occ or schoolcraft college

Everest & Davenport University

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

stace101 in Livonia, Michigan

53 months ago

yes their is a program in detroit at the old Riverview Hospital sponse by Oakland University go on thier web site oakland university.com the classes are Tuesday,Wedbesday and Thursday the cost is 14,000.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

smjackson 5 in Westland, Michigan

53 months ago

Do anyone know which schools offer the LPN to RN Transition that doesnt have a waitlist I'm in the Detroit area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Latrina Harris in Detroit, Michigan

52 months ago

nursetammy914 in Grand Blanc, Michigan said: I attended Oakland Comm. College in 1988. Most of your studies are at the 9 mile & Greenfield campus and your clinicals are at a wide variety of locations. My favorite was Wm. Beaumont at 13 mile & Woodward where I was recruited by Beaumont and LOVED working there until I had to move due to my husbands promotion with relocation.

So yeah I think I'm still gonna go for LPN (*side note* I had my first child Nov 09)... almost went the MA route just to avoid working in a nursing home. It would be a blessing to have weekends off and work in a doctor's office or hospital. It's been over a year since I posted here.....how are you doin in your field? Thanks for responding :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Latisha_Ricks in Commerce Township, Michigan

51 months ago

stace101 in Livonia, Michigan said: yes their is a program in detroit at the old Riverview Hospital sponse by Oakland University go on thier web site oakland university.com the classes are Tuesday,Wedbesday and Thursday the cost is 14,000.00

Is that program one year lpn and do they still offer it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

na in Lyons, Michigan

51 months ago

tj in Canton, Michigan said: Everest & Davenport University

are they an accerdited

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A_mck in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

are there any accredited 1 year lpn programs in Detroit. I though Michigan was suppose to be the state where its easy in the health field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miconnect Miconnect in Royal Oak, Michigan

41 months ago

This link to the state of Michigan approved programs :) Hope this helps!
www.michigan.gov/documents/mdch_nurse_approve_ed_prog_98366_7.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shari

33 months ago

Is there a pt lpn program in mi...am working full time during thr day n would like something in the evenings or weekends...thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Detroit, Michigan

32 months ago

Shari said: Is there a pt lpn program in mi...am working full time during thr day n would like something in the evenings or weekends...thanks

Everest Institute in Southfield, MI. on Lahser Rd. tween 8 mile and 9 mile. I graduated Dec. 2010- LPN program; full time/day program. They had a part time evening class( which is a 2yr program due to going part time)-when I was there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leah in Aurora, Colorado

19 months ago

Dee in Detroit, Michigan said: Everest Institute in Southfield, MI. on Lahser Rd. tween 8 mile and 9 mile. I graduated Dec. 2010- LPN program; full time/day program. They had a part time evening class( which is a 2yr program due to going part time)-when I was there.

Did you like Everest? Also, once you graduate can you go from LPN to RN do you know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.