LPN TO RN SCHOOLS IN NYC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 54)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

bronxnynurse in Bronx, New York

71 months ago

nubianqueen in Bronx, New York said: HI I AM AN LPN CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A SCHOOL TO TRANSITION TO RN. I ALREADY HAVE A BA IN EDUCATION AND I WANT A FAST TRACK RN PROGRAM. THANKS IN ADVANCE

helen fulde school of nursing in manhattan and doropthea hopfer at the mt vernon hospital. cochran school of nursing also westchester community college

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

awtoys in Chisinau, Moldova

71 months ago

sorry....I cant help U... :(

www.awtoys.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

nubianqueen in Bronx, New York

71 months ago

thanks a lot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

MOLLOY COLLEGE IN LONG ISLAND HAS AN LPN TO BSN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

USYANKEE in Hamden, Connecticut

68 months ago

nubianqueen in Bronx, New York said: HI I AM AN LPN CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A SCHOOL TO TRANSITION TO RN. I ALREADY HAVE A BA IN EDUCATION AND I WANT A FAST TRACK RN PROGRAM. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Quinnipiac has a fast track program if you have a bachelors. One year full time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

karlap_99 in Brooklyn, New York

67 months ago

nubianqueen in Bronx, New York said: HI I AM AN LPN CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A SCHOOL TO TRANSITION TO RN. I ALREADY HAVE A BA IN EDUCATION AND I WANT A FAST TRACK RN PROGRAM. THANKS IN ADVANCE[/

You can try NY Tech
York College

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

karlap_99 in Brooklyn, New York

67 months ago

NY TECH
YORK COLLEGE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

rockland community college. u can test out of some of the nursing classes and with prereqs its two semester

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sweetee in Corona, New York

65 months ago

Try Helene Fuld College of Nursing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gruthmae@yahoo.com in Inglewood, California

63 months ago

Iama lpn and is reloacated to New York because my better half is being transfer to New York for a long term staying and need a lpn to rn trans. program so I can go back to schol need a good school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aj in Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom

62 months ago

hi am an LPN in massachusetts and would like to know if there are any schools that offer the lpn to rn bridge program without having to wait. I graduated with a C because i was working full time and going to school. I would really appreciate any help i can get thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Shawn in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

Michele T. in Omaha, Nebraska said: Omaha is the leading center for medical reasearch in the US. Look up Creighton accelorated online.. University of Nebraska at Omaha UNMC Medical School. and Methodist college of Nursing. The Omaha cost of living is about 35-40% of the east or west coast. I am just starting in the nursing field myself and love it here. Good luck.

Hi Michele,

Im an LPN from chicago considering the same program. how do you like it so far?

Shawn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jaymee in Staten Island, New York

59 months ago

is it smarter to go for lpn first, then go on to rn, or is it ok to go straight into an rn program (i am making a career change and want to know the best path to get quicker job placement and good knowledge of my field), thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

soon2bcrna

59 months ago

aj in Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom said: hi am an LPN in massachusetts and would like to know if there are any schools that offer the lpn to rn bridge program without having to wait. I graduated with a C because i was working full time and going to school. I would really appreciate any help i can get thanks

bristol community college has bridge program

esong in Flushing, New York

59 months ago

laguardia community college in queens at New York has course for transition to RN. One question is LPN COURSE taugh?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nubianqueen in Bronx, New York

59 months ago

LPN is not tough. study hard and you will do well

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cnaforums in Coram, New York

56 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cnaforums in Coram, New York

56 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sneha in New York, New York

56 months ago

how hard to get job as LPN in nyc

Jay in Jackson Heights, New York

56 months ago

Hi- I will not have a high GPA for my LPN schooling. How hard is Helene Fuld to get into? From some, I hear it is fairly easy. Others tell me you have to beg to get in. I have a solid 3.0--barely. I am simply looking to become an RN.

I wanted to steer clear of CUNY colleges because that's a risk. They seem to require 3.6-4.0 GPAs and make you take more classes, then apply..and if you are even accepted..it looks like there is a wait list.

Has anyone been accepted into ANY Nursing program, in NYC, with a 3.2 GPA or less? If so, can you tell us where and if you recommend it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SamL in Washington, District of Columbia

56 months ago

There are more than a handful of "good" nursing schools in the NYC area. Are you looking for traditional (as in you go to class at a campus) or online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PRawlins1@gmail.com in Westfield, Massachusetts

56 months ago

I have one for you in manhattan, send me an email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

gruthmae@yahoo.com in Inglewood, California said: Iama lpn and is reloacated to New York because my better half is being transfer to New York for a long term staying and need a lpn to rn trans. program so I can go back to schol need a good school

Did you find a school, let me know

56 months ago

Jay in Jackson Heights, New York said: Hi- I will not have a high GPA for my LPN schooling. How hard is Helene Fuld to get into? From some, I hear it is fairly easy. Others tell me you have to beg to get in. I have a solid 3.0--barely. I am simply looking to become an RN.

I wanted to steer clear of CUNY colleges because that's a risk. They seem to require 3.6-4.0 GPAs and make you take more classes, then apply..and if you are even accepted..it looks like there is a wait list.

Has anyone been accepted into ANY Nursing program, in NYC, with a 3.2 GPA or less? If so, can you tell us where and if you recommend it?

Yes, send me an email, i will hook you up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Jay in Jackson Heights, New York said: Hello,

I would like an LPN-RN program. It can be BSN..or even an LPN-BSN. However, the only online program that I know of is Excelsior and it is NOT accepted in every state. The RN-BSN or RN-MSN programs are the ones that there seem to be no problems with when you complete them online.

Most schools, for an LPN, are not online ones..and if they are..there are restrictions. My ultimate goal is to earn my MSN from a school/state where I do not have limitations once I graduate.

I'm not picky @ all. The biggest thing that holds me back is the GPA situation. My overall GPA is barely a 3.0. My nursing school GPA is around a 3.25, but cumulative is what really hurts me.

My state tests are HIGH, but nursing school is competitive. I'll go anywhere that I can commute, so long as it means I can obtain my RN license...and I have a chance. I'm already going to an over-priced college in the ghetto, it can't get any worse than it is now. Thanks for replying. :)

Listen i am a graduate of excelsior, here in NYC, we have no problem, and even the states that is consider problems, fla, ca. and ga, the school is working with those states, DO NOT LISTEN TO EVERYTHING YOU HEAR, yes scruples, but the president of the college is working with those states, call the college for CORRECT INFORMATIONS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

55 months ago

Thanks for your response: check out North East Tutoring Services, i do not know if we are allowed to put advertising on here, send me a private email, i sent you my email address

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gogo in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

VEEB(Vocational Extension Education Board) LPN Program in Uniondale, Long Island,NY. If you would like to get your LPN in 9 months try this school. You can google the schools address. I received my LPN from VEEB in the mid 90's. I passed my state license exam my first try. They are still in the same location (Uniondale) it maybe a 10 month program now. If you maintain a A or strong B average you get direct entrance into Helene Fuld College of Nursing in Manhattan 1 year RN program. That's how it was back then, call or e-mail to see if this information is currently valid.

mctavishcat in Indianapolis, Indiana

54 months ago

I'm actually in the exact situation. I'm going to school to be an LPN and then I want to transition into RN. I also have a BA in education. Please let me know if you find anything. Thanks for posting and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cutescrubs in Valley Stream, New York

54 months ago

VEEB is an LPN program in Uniondale, NY. I will be graduating in 5 weeks. The program is now an 11 month day program. If you are able to maintain an 85 average in all your courses you can articulate to Helene Fuld College in Manhattan for the LPN to RN program, but they would rather you have 1 year of nursing experience as an LPN first. My mother got her RN from their and says the program is intense, but doable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Ronkonkoma, New York

52 months ago

I am looking for an LPN to BSN program. Does anyone have any info. I live in Suffolk county. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bebe in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

An LPN to RN Transition course and an LPN to RN program are different.

An LPN to RN Transition course is a class that LPN take that will grant them 12 credits to enter an RN program.

LPN to RN Program is an RN curriculum that LPN's take to complete their degree.

Some schools require LPN to RN transition course &/or exam prior to entering(bridging) into their RN program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rshaffner in Sidney, Ohio

50 months ago

is there a fast lpn to rn near bellefontaine or columbus or dayton. please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jackie in Yonkers, New York

47 months ago

try Suny delhi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Johanna in South Richmond Hill, New York

44 months ago

hi can i get that info as well im a new lpn and looking into a school for a lpn to rn BSN program as well thanks

Alekx in White Plains, New York

43 months ago

I'm begining a 12 mo LPN program, i'm looking for a LPN-RN, or LPN-BSN(perferred). Any reccomendations.?

42 months ago

are you looking for an online program after lpn school, or traditional????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Johanna in South Richmond Hill, New York said: hi can i get that info as well im a new lpn and looking into a school for a lpn to rn BSN program as well thanks

The school is located in Poughkeepsie, n.y., it is called Boces of dutchess county, i gave this infor to another student and it might be closed, but as you know some students drop out, so call them, otherwise go the Rn route directly thru distance learning, but this is limited unless you are a paramedic. If you have to wait, then take the prerequisites at a traditional school while waiting , so that time is not lost.

42 months ago

Maria in Ronkonkoma, New York said: I am looking for an LPN to BSN program. Does anyone have any info. I live in Suffolk county. Thanks

Just sign up for bsn at a traditional school, or bsn with an online program, not sure what you are looking for, have you heard of excelsior or northeast tutoring services in nyc, let me know.

42 months ago

excelsior soudns excellent i had a counselor give me information and sounds awesome u go on your own speed and go to testing place and take a test and if you have college credits they can be used towards yuor course :)

California transfer student in Roseville, California

40 months ago

I need to transfer my first year nursing credits from the RN program I was enrolled in until my clinical teacher failed me the third semester. I have one year complete but no school will take me with the failing grade I received, Is Excelsior really an option that will help me earn a Nursing degree, what are the limitations that come with the Excelsior degree, is it an option that will bring me success or is it a waste of time?

punix 0583 in Meriden, Connecticut

40 months ago

Send me a private email

40 months ago

xranger you probably picked the wrong career but if you love the nursing field and helping others then being a nurse wouldnt suck for you dont discourage others I feel insulted by your comment just saying

Kim in South Richmond Hill, New York

35 months ago

PRawlins1@gmail.com in Westfield, Massachusetts said: Yes, send me an email, i will hook you up.

Hello, I'm having the same problem as theirs. Please help me also. Thanks.

reggeo99@yahoo.com in Flushing, New York

33 months ago

MILDRED ELLEY -- LPN IN NYC - WALL ST AREA/FINANCIAL DISTRICT.
(THAT IS IF THERE ARE STILL OFFERING THE LPN PROGRAM)

Cece in New York, New York

31 months ago

jaymee in Staten Island, New York said: is it smarter to go for lpn first, then go on to rn, or is it ok to go straight into an rn program (i am making a career change and want to know the best path to get quicker job placement and good knowledge of my field), thanks.

Getting the LPN first is better in my opinion… that way it is easier to advance and you already have a nursing degree. In NYC nursing schools are very competitive especial RN schools.. Having the LPN puts your foot in the door wayyyy faster than Coming into nursing with No license. I know this from experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Helen in Kansas City, Missouri

30 months ago

Have you looked into Achieve Test Prep? You should check them out. You can attend classes virtually or if you live near a campus attend in-person. Either way you are taught by RN's and everything I have read about them has been good. There is a forum on here, take a look at the comments. They use the credit by examination method, and so they work with you to pass the exams and get credit for the courses. You get the education you need, but it's a fast-track method. www.achievetestprep.com/info. Worth your time to check it out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenn in Selden, New York

28 months ago

Maria in Ronkonkoma, New York said: I am looking for an LPN to BSN program. Does anyone have any info. I live in Suffolk county. Thanks

Hi-- did you get any info? I am in Centereach-- I am an LPN-- for the past 8 years-- and need to find an LPN to RN program--- I took my pre requisites--but Suffolk turned me down--

28 months ago

To Maria and Jen: were u successful in getting into a school yet, let me know,Boces lpn in dutchess county or 1199 I understand have a program for lpns. Send me a private email

NURSE LPN in DEGRAFF, Ohio

28 months ago

Please let me know as well, wanting Rn on line.

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

17 months ago

Cece in New York, New York said: Getting the LPN first is better in my opinion… that way it is easier to advance and you already have a nursing degree. In NYC nursing schools are very competitive especial RN schools.. Having the LPN puts your foot in the door wayyyy faster than Coming into nursing with No license. I know this from experience

Great advice, I was wondering because I would like to be a nurse, but without any experience seems like a bad idea. As an lpn, you can do more.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.