LPN VS RN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Melanie Marie F in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

I am looking into entering into the LPN program at my local hospital. I am curious to know what is the difference between what LPN's and RN's do on a daily basis at work?
And also what is the salary difference?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ljm253 in Franklin, Massachusetts

65 months ago

Just wanted to know how much chemistry is involved in nursing. I know anatomy and phsiology. Just wondering about other sciences. Not keen on science but do want to try nursing. Thanks everyone.

brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia

65 months ago

Melanie Marie F in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania said: I am looking into entering into the LPN program at my local hospital. I am curious to know what is the difference between what LPN's and RN's do on a daily basis at work?
And also what is the salary difference?

The difference is in the scope of practice. You can get accurate details by visiting your state's nursing board. There is a significant pay difference as well as opportunities. Look at hospital career sites to see license requirements for positions. Basically, LPNs (depending on the state and particular facility)are not allowed to do initial assessment, spike the first bag of blood, give intravenous drugs that change hemostasis rapidly, and move into advanced practice including management. LPNs are used mainly in long term care (nursing homes) and rehab. Hospitals jobs are possible but harder to find as an LPN. My hospital system is all RN, zero LPN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia

65 months ago

ljm253 in Franklin, Massachusetts said: Just wanted to know how much chemistry is involved in nursing. I know anatomy and phsiology. Just wondering about other sciences. Not keen on science but do want to try nursing. Thanks everyone.

There's usually some chemistry. It depends on your school. There's also the A&Ps, microbiology, and pharmacology. If you're not 'keen' on the biological sciences, I'd reconsider, jmo.

lpnschools in Orange, California

29 months ago

there are many difference between lpn and rn,includes Roles, Salary,Duties,for more info you can read this articles <a href="www.onlinelpnschool.org/lpn-vs-rn.html">LPN vs RN</a>

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.