I have an inactive LPN license and would like to get back into nursing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (48)

Selene in Waynesburg, Kentucky

81 months ago

Wow! I can't believe someone else is doing what I did. I thought I was alone lol I too had been out of the game of nursing for 13 years. I called my board here in Kentucky and I had kept my license up til 3 years ago. So all i needed was 42 CEU's for those 3 years(14 each). But if it had been more than 3 years, 200 CEU's would be required.I am now working in a nursing home. I figured it would be a slow transitions for me. I am then going to a hospital for clinical experiences. Only thing I would suggest is bone up on your pharmacology. That has changed quite a bit.The rest came back quickly for me.Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ann R. in Atlanta, Georgia

69 months ago

Purebrown in Austell, Georgia said: You might want to consider a "LPN Refresher course/program". There are a couple that I know of that are offered online. Im just completing my course and will be starting my clinicals in a week. Check with your State Board of Nursing to find out what the requirements are and what steps you need to take, as it can be a very tedious process. The board of Nursing has to approve the program, and they may also have a list of local Refresher Programs in your area or state. Hope this helps...Be Blessed

I am also in Georgia, can you tell me how you did with the online courses and how did you find a hospital to do you clinicals. Any info would be helpful. Thanks, Ann

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nurse Michele in Salisbury, Maryland

68 months ago

Jo in Piscataway, New Jersey said: I took the LPN course through the local vocational school and got licensed in 1985. Although I kept my license, and even went through the recently required background check, I am not an active LPN.

Hello. Have you thought about contacting a community college for the transition to to Associate degree RN? The schools have large amounts of resources of scholarships and grants that the lay person is not aware is even available. That would be much easier than trying to go for your BS but I am not suggesting this as a way to take the easy road. It sounds like you are doing all of the right things and just hitting dead end after dead end. Keeep in mind that needing CEU's can usually be done fairly easy. There are seminars online and in person that can add up the CEU's quite quickly. Keep your chin up and keep reaching for your goal. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Flint, Michigan

68 months ago

Roz said: Now that I'm finished being a Mom I would like to get back into nursing. Unfortunately I haven't worked in this field for 25 years. Does anyone know how or who would "retrain" me to continue my nursing career. I live in NJ.

Hello: the first thing i did (although not 25 years) was go back to school. The CPR #1 has really changed. It is a class that is fairly in expensive and available in many neighborhoods. Once you get you feet "wet" you will have the opportunity to see exactly what it takes. I have been in BSN school now for 25 months and really loving it. If i had an inactive license I would go for my CNA first, as their job requirement is much like ours that many years ago. The LPN job description is far beyond any you can imagine. Even into my RN training I am still learning and fine tuning my knowledge. Good luck in what ever you do. My minimum wage for LPN now is $42 an hr almost up with RN so it doesn't take long to reap the benefits that could allow you to pay for your RN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jan in Saint Louis, Missouri

65 months ago

I moved to St. Louis area, Wildwood, 2 years ago from Ca. I let my lpn license expire as I thought I was going to be able to retire finally after 30 years. Well you know, best laid plans etc... I would like know is there such a thing as a down and dirty review course that would allow me to sit for state boards. Would I still have to do clinical in a hospital. All of my nursing has been with hospice and working with alzheimers patients in specialized facilities. I'm 61 years old and really don't want to work in a hospital. I love gereatrics and would not mind doing private duty or working in a facility with dementia pts. Many years ago when I moved to another state I changed careers for several years. When I moved back to Ca. I was able to take a 10 day crash course which enabled me to sit for their state boards. It was a little pricey but well worth it. I guess that's what I looking for again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

candiusroyalbillups in Cleveland, Ohio

64 months ago

Have you tried contacting the board of Nursing, they would be able to give you all the information you need?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GPH in Bradenton, Florida

63 months ago

I also am entering an LPN refresher course afer 19 yrs in Florida at vocational college and thank goodness the clinical is a componet of it. Anyone in the Tampa/St petersburg, Fla area looking Pinellas technical education offers the LPN remedial 110 hrs class and 96 hrs clinical...In georgia you will have to contact the board of nursing for a letter of endorsement,then apply for the re-entry program, then you have to do the clinical aspect..and yes the board has a list of acceptable sites... Athens regional medical ctr, Northside, Piedmont and Emory were a few she told me these are all in N ga. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

margaret calhoun in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

62 months ago

I now live in the state of Fl, I have taken a remedial courses approved by the state of Fl.What I needed from Ga. is a verification that I was license in the state of Ga. My license expired 1989.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hello in Chicago, Illinois

62 months ago

You hopefully, never stop being a mom.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Niki

62 months ago

I was fined for an error that I felt may have been wrong needless to say all things went through the courts and I passed all the states requirements with ease a drug test, a physch eval and as I SAID no question, I didn't do anything that required this action but, though I was cleared in what I considered was the most important issues I was still fined, Unfortunately after all of this paying a fine, even though I had intended to do just that, became impossible. I quit nursing after that and still to this day going back would be completely different for me no more hospitals, hospice or nursing homes but I would like to revisit nursing re: MD offices have not kept up my CEU'S and still am unable to pay huge fines leveled at me any chances I could work as a nurse again? Help?
M Leonard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sheila

58 months ago

Wow, sorry to say but I'm really glad to see I'm not alone. I graduated as an LPN 5 years ago and life's obstacles keep me from being able to work in the field upon graduation. I can't believe 5 yrs has passed and now I really long to be working as a nurse, it feels awful to have graduated and not worked after so long of a time(I too was raising my children). I don't feel like someone will hire me when I not only lack experience but its been 5 yrs since I went to school, I have nothing to fall back on. I've kept my license active and did the required CE's. I done online searches for reentry programs in my area (South FL) but we don't offer any programs that I can find.... does anyone have any suggestions or think its possible to get a job now that so much time has lapsed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MASTUDENT3 in Decatur, Indiana

58 months ago

I am so confused with all the information that I have been reading, i have a year of cma under my belt but have been considering finishing my next year as a lpn, but I don't want to make the wrong move, I really was under the understanding that lpn was a better degree but im not really sure. as a ma i would answer phone or do blood work to make any real money i want to help people and get the best pay i can for it, help!!! confused in fort wayne indiana!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

candiusroyalbillups@yahoo.com in Cleveland, Ohio

57 months ago

I finished school as an MA and never found a job. But this was ten years ago. Lpn is most definitely the way to go. It pays more money and if you decided to go back to school for Registered nurse, you won't have to go to school as long. As an LPN you can work in a nursing home or private duty, there being phased out of hospitals, though. Medical assisting is limited to hospitals and doctors offices. Lpn is a good decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

MASTUDENT3 in Decatur, Indiana said: I am so confused with all the information that I have been reading, i have a year of cma under my belt but have been considering finishing my next year as a lpn, but I don't want to make the wrong move, I really was under the understanding that lpn was a better degree but im not really sure. as a ma i would answer phone or do blood work to make any real money i want to help people and get the best pay i can for it, help!!! confused in fort wayne indiana!

I say 100% go for your LPN it offers more versatility to branch into almost any other specialty or bridge into an RN. An MA is just that, a medical assistant, an LPN is a higher position than the MA and the pay is higher for almost the same job.

Mrs. Edwards,LPN in Cleveland, Ohio

57 months ago

Roz said: Now that I'm finished being a Mom I would like to get back into nursing. Unfortunately I haven't worked in this field for 25 years. Does anyone know how or who would "retrain" me to continue my nursing career. I live in NJ.

I am an LPN currently working towards receiving my nursing back,you must first get in touch with your board of nursing and they will let you know everything you must do to get your license active again.This will most often entail you to take a LPN refresher course which can take online are find in your city.It is a process but it is worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jo Z in Piscataway, New Jersey

57 months ago

Mrs. Edwards,LPN in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am an LPN currently working towards receiving my nursing back,you must first get in touch with your board of nursing and they will let you know everything you must do to get your license active again.This will most often entail you to take a LPN refresher course which can take online are find in your city.It is a process but it is worth it.

I did that and they did indicate you could use the online refresher courses. However, there are a certain number of hours you have to do for clinical and none of the area hospitals were willing to let me do my hours. Without the clinical portion you're kind of stuck. So I basically ran into a brick wall. Roz, if you're in the Central Jersey area and happen to find a hospital willing to allow you to do the clinical portion, please let me know. Thanks.

danajake in Hollywood, Florida

57 months ago

you have to take the boards again thru NCLEX. Go to NCSBN.HIVELIVE.COM for their refresher online course. it does not cost very much and you can do it at your own pace. it makes sense to use their review since they administer the exam.
God bless
deanna

LaJuan Dixon in Chicago, Illinois

55 months ago

Selene in Waynesburg, Kentucky said: Wow! I can't believe someone else is doing what I did. I thought I was alone lol I too had been out of the game of nursing for 13 years. I called my board here in Kentucky and I had kept my license up til 3 years ago. So all i needed was 42 CEU's for those 3 years(14 each). But if it had been more than 3 years, 200 CEU's would be required.I am now working in a nursing home. I figured it would be a slow transitions for me. I am then going to a hospital for clinical experiences. Only thing I would suggest is bone up on your pharmacology. That has changed quite a bit.The rest came back quickly for me.Good luck!

No you are not the only one. I thought I was and I thought I had waited too long. I am glad I have company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sharron pettis in Panama City, Florida

54 months ago

I have an inactive license. Have not worked in 18 years. Last job LPN was nursing home/alzheimers patients. I also want to return but am reading that clinicals are a problem to find somewhere to allow one to do so. I could/will take the refresher course, but have to send in application to Fl. St. Boards and have them advise me what to do next, they say. Are LPN's being phases out? I do not want to work at a hospital anyway, nor nursing home, private duty, etc. dr.'s office. Any info from anyone will be appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

faith in Norcross, Georgia

53 months ago

michelle in Flint, Michigan said: Hello: the first thing i did (although not 25 years) was go back to school. The CPR #1 has really changed. It is a class that is fairly in expensive and available in many neighborhoods. Once you get you feet "wet" you will have the opportunity to see exactly what it takes. I have been in BSN school now for 25 months and really loving it. If i had an inactive license I would go for my CNA first, as their job requirement is much like ours that many years ago. The LPN job description is far beyond any you can imagine. Even into my RN training I am still learning and fine tuning my knowledge. Good luck in what ever you do. My minimum wage for LPN now is $42 an hr almost up with RN so it doesn't take long to reap the benefits that could allow you to pay for your RN

I have been out the field for 15 years I am taking a cna course at the redcross to gradually get back in the flow seeing this post was confirmation because i felt like taking the cna course wasn't a good idea, but it's worth it. Thanks

53 months ago

This is great information. Thank You so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

doinmy_thing@yahoo.com in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

i really thought I was the only person in this situation...i really did...well i need sum advice....i went to an accredited training school in california and received my CMA certificate back in 1996 i only worked in the field for approx. 2yrs. fell into a bad relationship for a long time and didnt work or pay back the student loan. the irs now takes my income taxes and since moving to the south i have tried multiple times to work with the irs but they wont take anything less than my arm and leg for monthly payments and i have tried to get into other training schools but because of my default loan i cant get any assistance. my family has said that they could put together a few hundred if i could find some type of refresher course of SOMETHING that could get me back recertified. rite now i am unemployed and with the new health care reform bill passed i heard that employment will be on the major rise for healthcare workers. I REALLY WANT TO GET BACK INTO THE FIELD...any suggestions

Cheri in Watkins, Minnesota

52 months ago

I have been working on getting my LPN back for over a year and a half. It is a nightmare. I did everything I was suppose to and I got almost to the end of the petition and my drug test came back positive. I couldn't believe it! I had serious heath issuse from malabsorption and I almost lost my life. I was on TPN for 4 months. When I stopped using it my test came pack possitive. I provided them with all the necessary information. I have not drank for 4.5 years and am unable to use alcohol. It has been sitting on someones desk for months. They are not to enthused about giving much info or help at all. I have a feeling I am going to have to redo the petiton and it is not fair. Anyone in this positon HELP! Does anyone know the fee for the refresser course?

Cheri in Watkins, Minnesota

52 months ago

Does anyone know if you need to take a refresser course if you have been working as a nursing assistant the entire time you lost your license was susspended. Mine was susspended in Dec.2005.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

joan delay in Kent, Ohio

41 months ago

I have a question. My neighbor was a lpn in florida back in the late 80's, but is now on SS for severe-violent mental illness and a huge alcoholism problem. (dr's said she has "wet brain")

She cannot function as a normal adult -and cannot pay rent, get a job or take care of herself, but she has applied to renew her LPN license. She is a danger to herself and the community and cannot stay sober for more than a few hours. Is it possible that the board would give her a license? It would be putting alot of patients at risk of harm/death to let her practice nursing.

How do I stop her from getting her license back? She has been in /out of mental hospitals for 20 yrs and cannot be trusted with any patients/their belongings. (she steals for booze $$)

any suggestions? Her mother is extremely worrried and came to me for help.

tonya in Warner Robins, Georgia

38 months ago

I am looking for an online refresher course. I live in warner roins and the only thing I can find costs nearly a thousand dollars. There is no school that offers this in my area.

tonya in Warner Robins, Georgia

38 months ago

[who did u choose to take your online course with? The only one i found was nearly 1000.00. Is there any financial assistance out there to help. I am a newly divorced mom with a daughter who is about to have a baby. Money is tight to say the least. I really want to better my financial situation and would like to get my lpn license back so that I can go on and move up to RN.

Jo in Piscataway, New Jersey

38 months ago

I posted on this blog years ago and have continued to check since then but have had no luck finding an LPN refresher course in NJ. There are plenty of online refresher courses available, but they all require a clinical portion which requires access to and permission from a local hospital. Unfortunately, local hospitals will not allow me to do the clinical portion. To top that, I was told by these hospitals that LPNs are being phased out or are no longer hired. I contacted the vocational school where I studied, about possibly redoing the clinicals through them but was told this would not be possible since I am already an LPN with an active license.

I find it incredible that they keep saying there is a nursing shortage, but make it impossible for nurses to get back in the field! So, I continue to work behind a desk, at a non-nursing job, because I can't find a refresher course. All the RN programs in my area require that one not work, and commit oneself full-time to the nursing program. There are no programs available for those of use who must work to live. Unfortunately, as a single parent and the sole source of income in my household, I can't afford to quit work and go to school full-time to go for my RN. As much as I would love to do that, I have to support myself and my daughter. Again, I question, if there really is a nursing shortage or if something else going on here. If there is a nursing shortage, why isn't there a program that allows one to complete an RN on a part-time basis as is set up for other degree programs? Since my initial post to this site, I have earned a BS in another program because there are many programs out there for the working adult that wants to earn a degree. My heart is in nursing but none of the colleges/universities in this area have a part-time program for working adults. It just doesn't make sense.

Sorry everyone, I just had to vent about this a little cause I just don't it.

38 months ago

It is ture that LPN's are not being hired. It appears they are being phased out. Only a few hospitals will hire like the University of Chicago medical center still hire some LPN's but not many because they say LPN's cannot distribute medications.

Jo in Piscataway, New Jersey

38 months ago

Once again, my apologies to everyone on this board for the previous rant. I just don't get why they make it so difficult for someone to get back into nursing. Considering they've already started to phase out LPNs, you would think they would at least set up a way for advancement for the working adult. Something that would allow the LPN to work toward an RN or BSN. That doesn't seem to be available, at least not in my area, since all programs require full-time commitment. I've been trying to get back to nursing for years to no avail. It's very disheartening.

38 months ago

I agree with you but don't give up. Maybe they will create something new. Just pray and believe!!!

38 months ago

I agree with you but don't give up. Maybe they will create something new. Just pray and believe!!!

mom2mjv in Parlin, New Jersey

37 months ago

Check out Mercer County Vocatioal School in Trenton NJ. They are accepting registrations for a 12 week refresher course. It will run 2 nights a week from 5:30p to 9:30p. The dates have not been set yet.

gayle in York, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

LaJuan Dixon in Chicago, Illinois said: No you are not the only one. I thought I was and I thought I had waited too long. I am glad I have company!

I graduated in 1981 from program in Chicago. I moved to Pennsylvania with husband and worked in a nursing home. I then stayed home and raised my children, letting my license lapse. I have worked for the past 5 years in an assisted Living facility passing meds, patient care etc. but now would like to get license back!! I have been jumping through hoops trying to figure out what to do first. Any ideas? thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gayle in York, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

LaJuan Dixon in Chicago, Illinois said: No you are not the only one. I thought I was and I thought I had waited too long. I am glad I have company!

I graduated in 1981 from program in Chicago. I moved to Pennsylvania with husband and worked in a nursing home. I then stayed home and raised my children, letting my license lapse. I have worked for the past 5 years in an assisted Living facility passing meds, patient care etc. but now would like to get license back!! I have been jumping through hoops trying to figure out what to do first. Any ideas? thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

I wish I did. In Illinois they are phasing LPN's out and using RN,s and Medial Assitants.

Bree in Cave City, Kentucky

32 months ago

I have a RI license that expired in 2006. I now live in KY. I am wondering if I have to reactive in RI and then transfer to KY or?????

Jerri in Marion, North Carolina

31 months ago

I am in sort of the same situation. Only, I moved while I was being investigated, and did not renew due to the investigation, then it was impossible to renew at that point being in a different state and all.

I actually had a license in CA, FL, and TX, but was only ever active in CA and TX.

Sixteen years later, my boys are almost grown, and I would like to get back into something that I actually have a passion for instead of setting at a computer all day.

Anyway, I was reading the NC state board site, and it looks like I can retake the NCLEX since my training was in the military, but I definitely need to find a refresher course that will accept my situation as it has been 16 years!

Good luck to all of us wishing to return to the nursing field.

anneb15@comcast.net in Steubenville, Ohio

31 months ago

To the best of my knowledge, in the state of Ohio a practical nurse with an inactive license must contact the Board of Nursing. The practical nurse with an inactive license nust complete 24 contact hours of continuing education. The contact hours earned must be from a continuing education activity that is approved by The Ohio Board of Nursing.

champaynne in Fontana, California

30 months ago

Jan in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I moved to St. Louis area, Wildwood, 2 years ago from Ca. I let my lpn license expire as I thought I was going to be able to retire finally after 30 years. Well you know, best laid plans etc... I would like know is there such a thing as a down and dirty review course that would allow me to sit for state boards. Would I still have to do clinical in a hospital. All of my nursing has been with hospice and working with alzheimers patients in specialized facilities. I'm 61 years old and really don't want to work in a hospital. I love gereatrics and would not mind doing private duty or working in a facility with dementia pts. Many years ago when I moved to another state I changed careers for several years. When I moved back to Ca. I was able to take a 10 day crash course which enabled me to sit for their state boards. It was a little pricey but well worth it. I guess that's what I looking for again.

i wanted to know while you were a nurse in california was it hard to transfer you lvn licence over to another state?

Lydie Anderson in Albany, Georgia

30 months ago

Ann R. in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am also in Georgia, can you tell me how you did with the online courses and how did you find a hospital to do you clinicals. Any info would be helpful. Thanks, Ann

I am also from Ga. I let my licences lapse in 2006. I would like to get them back and work in an assisted living area.Thanks. Lydie

anna lucia suarez in Corpus Christi, Texas

29 months ago

I took my state boards for LPN in New York but I wanted the one in New York to stay inactive and I activated my Texas license. I have been currently working in a hospital and home health environment. I also, had a Michigan license activated once and I do not care to activate that one. But I do want to move to New York. What do I need to do?

Eunice in Clifton Park, New York

29 months ago

25 years & i am not alone. Just starting to invistigate my options. ALL the comments have been VERY helpful, THANK YOU.
LPN in Pa, [worked as LPN then joined US AIR FORCE worked as a Medical Service Spec- med/surg & ER - NG tubes, suturing, drove military vehicles to flightline to transport pt from choppers] married moved to NY, was told to turn over PA license to get NY's (have no idea why??? when i see & knew others had multi-state license) 4 sons, husband retired,14 yrs with a company only 20 months carring health ins and they want to make me part-time so they can take the insurance away. Once a MOM always a MOM ***never under estamate the power of a woman*** 2 all my lady LPN's

medicalnurse in Bumpass, Virginia

29 months ago

Lydie Anderson in Albany, Georgia said: I am also from Ga. I let my licences lapse in 2006. I would like to get them back and work in an assisted living area.Thanks. Lydie

IDK about your state but you can take the exam again in Virginia no matter how long it has been... contact your state board of examiners and see if you can retest. I was inactive fro ten years and took the test the first time in 1989 worked through 2002 and took the test again this year after 20+ years passed and am renewed.

jabe in Richmond Hill, Georgia

27 months ago

Selene in Waynesburg, Kentucky said: Wow! I can't believe someone else is doing what I did. I thought I was alone lol I too had been out of the game of nursing for 13 years. I called my board here in Kentucky and I had kept my license up til 3 years ago. So all i needed was 42 CEU's for those 3 years(14 each). But if it had been more than 3 years, 200 CEU's would be required.I am now working in a nursing home. I figured it would be a slow transitions for me. I am then going to a hospital for clinical experiences. Only thing I would suggest is bone up on your pharmacology. That has changed quite a bit.The rest came back quickly for me.Good luck!

so happy to know others have been in a similar situation...i have expired my lpn license for over 16 yrs...i'm thinkin of getting my license back...

Laura in Milton, Florida

27 months ago

My last LPN license was in 2007 in Florida. I was involved in a accident, and let my license lapse since the Dr.'s said I would never work again, SUPRISE; I beat the odds! I have contacted the Fl. State Board and they tell me I need a "Remedial Course", but they are ALL down in the Miami area. Does ANYONE know the appropiate course I need to get re-instated, or a school that offers the course closer than Miami? ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Diana Kelly in Virginia Beach, Virginia

25 months ago

Laura in Milton, Florida said: My last LPN license was in 2007 in Florida. I was involved in a accident, and let my license lapse since the Dr.'s said I would never work again, SUPRISE; I beat the odds! I have contacted the Fl. State Board and they tell me I need a "Remedial Course", but they are ALL down in the Miami area. Does ANYONE know the appropiate course I need to get re-instated, or a school that offers the course closer than Miami? ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I am glad to know I am not the only 1! I also allowed my license to go inactive and expire due to being told I would never be able to work as an LPN again, and guess what! When I went to reactivate my license, I found that I have to take the refresher course--but I am in VA now! And I have not been able to find a hospital up here that would allow me to do the clinical hours! So I am having to take the entire program again! I now graduate in Dec 2012! So it is costing me almost $25000.00 to reinstate my license! Yes, I will feel more competent. However, they should make it easier to do this! All states should have something in place in which anyone who is in our situation would be able to get the clinical and "book learning" hours we need to reinstate our licenses! maybe if more nurses run into the same situation as we have run into, maybe that will make changes for everyone!

JoAnne in Dunedin, Florida

24 months ago

Laura in Milton, Florida said: My last LPN license was in 2007 in Florida. I was involved in a accident, and let my license lapse since the Dr.'s said I would never work again, SUPRISE; I beat the odds! I have contacted the Fl. State Board and they tell me I need a "Remedial Course", but they are ALL down in the Miami area. Does ANYONE know the appropiate course I need to get re-instated, or a school that offers the course closer than Miami? ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Try contacting a local Vocational school in your area-I have had success with PTEC in my area but due to circumstances I couldn't take the spring course. NOW I have to wait until the next course in the spring!I have been out of nursing for several years but have been in health and life insurance. There are online courses, but, you have to arrange for your own clinicals. Hopefully, the board of nursing(verrrrrry helpful) and /or re-employment service can help- good luck!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.