LPN Schools in NYC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 101)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Joye in Lake Forest, California

62 months ago

Actually I am in Californa now. I am doing the RN through college network. After I finish my prerequisites I have around 8 classes to get the rn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Irvington, New Jersey

62 months ago

Hi, I am interested in attending the LPN program @ Laguardia. I need info on the tuition. I mean the approximate total cost of the program including books and all. Does anyone have experience with tuitionpay from sallie mae?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Angelia in Corona, New York

57 months ago

Does anyone know of LPN-RN colleges in New York City..or within an hour..basically? I go to the worst college ever and do not want to stay. I will graduate as an LPN soon. Problem is..my GPA is only around a 3.0. Suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joye in Oxnard, California

57 months ago

The Helene Fuld school is in Manhattan
www.helenefuld.edu/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Angelia in Corona, New York

57 months ago

Thanks. I heard Helene Fulde nearly makes you beg to enter their school. How are they about GPA? I have asked around..I only have a 3.0, so I am quite nervous. I just simply HATE the college I am at now. It's very racist...a lot of drama...and in a bad area. I've got to get out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

56 months ago

Joye in Los Angeles, California said: There is a school in Manhattan called the Helen Fuld school of nursing. Their LVN to RN program is a little over 1 year. www.helenefuld.edu/

Before I moved to California, I wanted to attend that school.

Hard to get in send me your email address and i may be of help

56 months ago

Angelia in Corona, New York said: Does anyone know of LPN-RN colleges in New York City..or within an hour..basically? I go to the worst college ever and do not want to stay. I will graduate as an LPN soon. Problem is..my GPA is only around a 3.0. Suggestions?

Send me an email, and i will hook you up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Angelia in Jackson Heights, New York

56 months ago

Hi punix! I just emailed you to your gmail account. Please look :) Thanks a lot for replying. Really nice of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Angelia in Corona, New York said: Does anyone know of LPN-RN colleges in New York City..or within an hour..basically? I go to the worst college ever and do not want to stay. I will graduate as an LPN soon. Problem is..my GPA is only around a 3.0. Suggestions?

Send me an email PRawlins1@gmail.com, know of a great program, you will get into, they have an open house coming up in new york may ll, 12 and 13th in new york city starting at 9am, ll30am 4pm or 630pm call

56 months ago

Angelia in Jackson Heights, New York said: I emailed it to prawlins1@gmail.com.--the address on your webpage. Can you let me know where you would like me to email you? Thanks hun :)

PRawlins1@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Angelia in Jackson Heights, New York said: Hi punix! I just emailed you to your gmail account. Please look :) Thanks a lot for replying. Really nice of you.

PRawlins1@gmail.com, thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

A.V.M in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

Christine in Jamaica, New York said: Does anyone no of a lpn Coures in new york that is free. that starts in the fall.

Hi Chris, I know as a fact of two different ways that you could get into free lpn programs. One is through the Health and Hospital corporation of New York. Go to their web site, go to nursing opportunities and you will see the information. The other option is through the NYC Department of Labor. You have to go to your closest labor department and find out about their career one Program. They are very helpfull. They will instruct you in what to do. As a matter of fact, you do not have to be unemployed to qualify for this program. I hope that this information could be usefull to you and others. A.V.M.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

denise in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

Christine in Jamaica, New York said: Does anyone no of a lpn Coures in new york that is free. that starts in the fall.

mid-manhattan adult learning center. 212 west 120th street in manhattan. tel# 2 one 2- six6six- 1919. take the A train to 125th Saint Nicholas. walk to 120th street. the program is free.But you have to pay about 2,000 dollars for books and uniforms;half in the first part of the program and then half the second part of the program. The program is for 10 months for full time students and 18 months for part time students

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Angelia in Jackson Heights, New York said: I emailed it to prawlins1@gmail.com.--the address on your webpage. Can you let me know where you would like me to email you? Thanks hun :)

PRawlins1@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SUNNY in Akron, Ohio

55 months ago

KwameN in Hollis, New York said: Hello Everyone, i am intrested in studying to become a LPN.Does anyone know the best solutions interms of schools to start off looking at?

go for rn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bebe in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

Joye in Lake Forest, California said: Actually I am in Californa now. I am doing the RN through college network. After I finish my prerequisites I have around 8 classes to get the rn.

College Network is not a school.....It's a publishing company that supplies study materials.

54 months ago

Very costly, i know a better outfit, send mEC., live in new york.

54 months ago

Correction: send me your email that was. i am a graduate of Ec.

54 months ago

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York said: PRawlins1@gmail.com

I never received your email.

claresa in Bronx, New York

53 months ago

I hope somebody can help me. I graduated from a medical assisting school about 2years ago and I quickly found out it was a waste of time/money. Im now looking into the lpn course. What would be the best way to go about attending a LPN school and is it even worth it because im already a medical assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

june in Manchester, New Hampshire

53 months ago

do they accept people from other states for the free lpn program?

linda in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

Im a Medical Assistant for nine years and want to become lpn. I found a school that offer Medical Assistant and Lpn program. I took the entrace test and my math score was not high enough to make it into the Lpn and now they want me to do the MA program and within couple months i would go straight to the lpn program. Im so desperate that im thinking of actually doing it cause i cant find any other lpn schools in NYC. Can anyone help.

Thank you

KAT in Arlington, Texas

50 months ago

linda in Brooklyn, New York said: Im a Medical Assistant for nine years and want to become lpn. I found a school that offer Medical Assistant and Lpn program. I took the entrace test and my math score was not high enough to make it into the Lpn and now they want me to do the MA program and within couple months i would go straight to the lpn program. Im so desperate that im thinking of actually doing it cause i cant find any other lpn schools in NYC. Can anyone help.

Thank you

Wait a sec... You are already a MA and they want you to go through the MA program? This sounds like a ploy to get more money out of you. If you want to be an LPN go find an LPN program. Study your math first. Find out if you can retake the test. It is not necessary to go though an MA program first, ESPECIALLY if you are already one! Ridiculous! Don't do it! Google the NY State board of nursing to find an LPN program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

USA1 in USA

50 months ago

linda in Brooklyn, New York said: Im a Medical Assistant for nine years and want to become lpn. I found a school that offer Medical Assistant and Lpn program. I took the entrace test and my math score was not high enough to make it into the Lpn and now they want me to do the MA program and within couple months i would go straight to the lpn program. Im so desperate that im thinking of actually doing it cause i cant find any other lpn schools in NYC. Can anyone help.

Thank you

Let me guess, the college telling you this is MONROE COLLEGE right? I'm willing to bet a million dollars.

K. Bimela in Silver Spring, Maryland

50 months ago

Somebody help me! I just flew in from Cameroon and have an advance level certificate from the general certicate of education board-GCE.I want to get into the nursing field.where do i start from with my advance level from my native cameroon.Someboby help me.Many thanks

I HateUsers

50 months ago

USA1 in USA said: Let me guess, the college telling you this is MONROE COLLEGE right? I'm willing to bet a million dollars.

I was wanting to place a bet on Mandl Xollege here in NYC---THE WORST!!!

USA1 in New York, New York

50 months ago

Mandl School you mean? It doesn't even have a nursing program. They have a program for a nursing aide, but that definitely is not a nurse.

melli121 in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

Anybody know any information on maria college of albany nursing program. Good or Bad, got into the program but i can't find any info on them as far as graduation rates, retention rate is high. Im nervous, i dont want to spend money on a bad program. Thanks Melody

NurseNYC in Jackson Heights, New York

49 months ago

K. Bimela in Silver Spring, Maryland said: Somebody help me! I just flew in from Cameroon and have an advance level certificate from the general certicate of education board-GCE.I want to get into the nursing field.where do i start from with my advance level from my native cameroon.Someboby help me.Many thanks

Good Luck with that! They aren't even hiring American citizens right now. I don't think it was a very wise move to come over here. There are thousands of American citizens with their advanced Nursing degrees and 10+ years of experience who have been applying/searching for a job ALL year long.
I would probably go back to your homeland, because at least you have family there who can help support you. I think everyone in the USA is downsizing and starting to rent and stuff with their families. It's the only way to survive through this terrible depression.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Joy in Staten Island, New York

47 months ago

where do i fine LPN programe in Manhattan?

johnnystorm in Bronx, New York

45 months ago

someone with a knowledge to a good extent on the lpn programs in new york city and the surrounding area please advise me to the best schools training wise. dont let the cost of the school be a factor in your opinions. im looking for the best professional training i can get as an lpn. laguardia, bcc, bmcc, hostos, westchester, etc, etc, etc......which one?????????????? stitch727@gmail.com

preet in Bronx, New York

45 months ago

can somebody help me out to find Lpn private school in NYC
Thanks

rachael in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

The schools in nyc r so costly. D free ones have a long waiting list. I called veeb in LI they r 13,000. Anyone knows of anything cheaper? I just completed CNA,the job industry is not paying through those agency.Could CNA license be of any help in getting into a LPN program. Anyone knows?

44 months ago

preet in Bronx, New York said: can somebody help me out to find Lpn private school in NYC
Thanks

Hi, I just posted a comment similar to yours. I am looking for a school also. I called Veeb cost is 13,000 they are in L I.

44 months ago

Look into Maria College, its only 10,000 for the 2 yr RN program. Check it out!!

preet in Bronx, New York

44 months ago

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no lpn schools in new york city.:(

punix in Poughkeepsie, New York

44 months ago

There is Boces in poughkeepsie, no idea what they are charging, that is 1 and a half hrs. from grandcentral station in NYC.

preet in Bronx, New York

44 months ago

thanks punix but its too far..i live in Bronx :( if you know other school in nyc let me know please thanks again

44 months ago

Wait a min.,too far from what, the web site is www.dcboces.org/adults, it will give you the phone number for the school..

Angelika22 in New York

44 months ago

I was accepted into the dc boces in poughkeepsie. I start in Sept. the only thing I do not like is that I had to take out a loan. If anyone is interested in the application process or whatever just ask and i'll try to answer.

44 months ago

Thank goodness, glad that you called, i live close by, let me know when you start how you are doing, good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Angelika22 in New York said: I was accepted into the dc boces in poughkeepsie. I start in Sept. the only thing I do not like is that I had to take out a loan. If anyone is interested in the application process or whatever just ask and i'll try to answer.

I saw ur comment, I just called the school no one answered so I left a message. Someone posted that the school is half hour from G C, do u have to take any other transport when u get off the train? What's the cost of their program? I want to get this lpn program started.

preet in Bronx, New York

44 months ago

hey...i meant that its far from where i live. i live in uptown Bronx

punix in Poughkeepsie, New York

44 months ago

Boces is located in Poughkeepsie, n.y. You have to take the Metro North Hudson line and then a bus, or cab. the school will give you more info. Regarding the bronx, take the train to grand central, then hudson line, when you attend school you will buy a student ticket = discount when you show documentation (ID). Send me a private email, i cannot put tel. #s here.

Angelika22 in New York

44 months ago

rachael in Brooklyn, New York said: I saw ur comment, I just called the school no one answered so I left a message. Someone posted that the school is half hour from G C, do u have to take any other transport when u get off the train? What's the cost of their program? I want to get this lpn program started.

If you are coming from GC in NYC, it will be about an hour and a half to get to the Poughkeepsie train station,then the best bet would be to take a taxi to the school, it will cost about $7.00 one way. There are no buses that go to Dutchess Boces CTI where the lpn program is, the program is about $9500.00 not including text books which will be about $300-400 depending on if you get new or used,plus uniform, CPR certification, and some type of kit we are required to get through the school, which altogether costs about $100. The program is either part time or full time, starting in Sept and Jan. You have to apply, get references, pay a fee, take the TEAS, they will send you paper on whether you got into full or part time. When I took my test the lady in charge of the program told us there might be a small waiting list, but not anywhere as long as it would be for a college LPN waiting list, so don't be discouraged from applying. If at all possible you might want to go in person instead of waiting for them to send you an application. If you have any more questions let me know.

Angelika22 in New York

44 months ago

rachael in Brooklyn, New York said: I saw ur comment, I just called the school no one answered so I left a message. Someone posted that the school is half hour from G C, do u have to take any other transport when u get off the train? What's the cost of their program? I want to get this lpn program started.

If possible the school has pell grant, and loans to help pay the tuition.

Izzy in Delmar, New York

43 months ago

melli121 in Brooklyn, New York said: Look into Maria College, its only 10,000 for the 2 yr RN program. Check it out!!

I've been looking into LPN programs in the Albany area. Maria College being one of them along with Mildred Elley, Samaritan, BOCES, and Columbia Greene. Are you familiar with any of these schools and if so which ones would you recommend? I'm also debating if I should just go to be an RN? Torn between people's input and advice...need advice from those who have been working in the field and know what's out there and the best choice.
Thank you

43 months ago

Years ago i would say go for your RN, now i am not so sure. Nursing homes are hiring lpns for med pass NOT RNs. Instead of rn, should you go in that direction, i would suggest BSN, that is the current trend, and msn, directly after along with acls and pals. Then you have to have the mind set to relocate. Now if you start out as an aide in a hosp., you have a better chance of getting into an rn position at my location right now. Boces have a fast tract 9 mos. program, and if you have some credits under your belt, it will be a piece of cake, that is the best info, i have now. Plus someone on this forum states that they are hiring baby nurses (peds> in canada) Good luck

43 months ago

Izzy in Delmar, New York said: I've been looking into LPN programs in the Albany area. Maria College being one of them along with Mildred Elley, Samaritan, BOCES, and Columbia Greene. Are you familiar with any of these schools and if so which ones would you recommend? I'm also debating if I should just go to be an RN? Torn between people's input and advice...need advice from those who have been working in the field and know what's out there and the best choice.
Thank you

Hello, I know that Maria College has a 2 yr RN program and its affordable. its 9500 for the year and the passing rate is 93 percent. You should look into it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nicknice in Wilmington, Delaware

43 months ago

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York said: Send me an email PRawlins1@gmail.com, know of a great program, you will get into, they have an open house coming up in new york may ll, 12 and 13th in new york city starting at 9am, ll30am 4pm or 630pm call

hi am interested in moving to bk ny.. and am planning to start school for my lpn.. any suggestion.... email me at nicholerobb@aim.com or anyone knws where i can find a job as a cna/pct that pays good...

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.