Where can you get IV certification or training?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 62)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

jp in Pennsville, New Jersey

59 months ago

I live in new jersey and I have had a few people ask if I have had IV certification or training. If I get it, my pay doubles, yes DOUBLES. so I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for where I may look to take a class for this? also, I live near delaware and I would be willing to go to delaware but if I am licensed in NJ do I have to take the class in nj? I was at my dr the other day having a procedure on my back - and the girl got me all set up and I asked where she went to nursing school - oh she is a med tech....so I know she does IV's and she isnt a nurse? any help would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

emma s in Carney's Point, New Jersey

58 months ago

Did you have luck finding a class> I'm also looking for one and can't find any. If possilbe please let me know if you find one and where. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

UMDNJ gives a course on saturdays. You can go to their website to register

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

small fry in Fitchburg, Massachusetts

53 months ago

Yes I am also looking for a place to go to be certified in Iv's if anyone can help that would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Elizabeth, New Jersey

52 months ago

You can go to Nurse.com and click on the purple tab that says education and you will see a listing of IV certifications site with date. Very affordable Early register and it will only cost $200, and yes it is also for LPN/RN's and other healthcare professionals, I contacted them directly to inquire in regards to LPN's , hope this helps a lot of people. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Elizabeth, New Jersey

52 months ago

Forgot to mention that the certifications classes are in various US states, so please check it out on Nurse.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Garfield Arkansas

52 months ago

I would also like to get my IV certification in arkansas but don't know where to go. Can someone help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany, Eliz not Union City in Union City, New Jersey

52 months ago

wcei.net will give LPN's in the US current certification locations. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sweetcitygirl in Elizabeth, New Jersey

52 months ago

To Small Fry and other nurses looking for certification info-----NAPNES certifies all LPN's regardless of the state they reside certification in LTC(Long Term Care) and Pharm can be obtained for a total of $160 ($100 to napnes for certification and $60 to Castle for testing) the certification can be completed in the comforts of your home and is valid for 5 years. April 27th, there is an IV Certification class coming up in Boston, MA as I have stated before go to Nurse.com and look up seminars there is IV certification information available for LPN's in all states, if you are able to register before hand you can also save yourself some money. Good luck and look up Nurse.com the info is there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

NRaney in Neptune, New Jersey

51 months ago

NFLPN certifies in IV and Gerontology. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

melissamall5 in Elyria, Ohio

51 months ago

sweetcitygirl in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: To Small Fry and other nurses looking for certification info-----NAPNES certifies all LPN's regardless of the state they reside certification in LTC(Long Term Care) and Pharm can be obtained for a total of $160 ($100 to napnes for certification and $60 to Castle for testing) the certification can be completed in the comforts of your home and is valid for 5 years. April 27th, there is an IV Certification class coming up in Boston, MA as I have stated before go to Nurse.com and look up seminars there is IV certification information available for LPN's in all states, if you are able to register before hand you can also save yourself some money. Good luck and look up Nurse.com the info is there.
melissamall5 Thank you fr this information about IV certification because I Was having a very hard time finding a class online

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

You are quite welcome -- Good Luck in all your endeavors.

annaabarr@aol.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

i am a new grad lpn but not iv certified. i am seeking to get iv certified but dont know where to find a training center in my area. i will greatly appreciate any help. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

At this moment Philadelphia is the closest place for you. Sorry, but at $200-$225, it is worth the travel. Most people charge around $600 or even more. If you can swing the transport (check greyhound)if you don't want to add mileage to your car and see if you can get there that way, Good Luck!!

GARNursing in Canton, Ohio

47 months ago

I moved from Illinois to Canton Ohio and then found out I need an IV therapy course. Ohio will not recognize the course I had in Florida a long time ago. Does anyone know where I can get this near Akron/Canton Ohio????

Bgaylz in Elizabeth, New Jersey

46 months ago

Hello,

Do anyone know of a lpn training course in Middlesex County or Union County.

CreedFan62 in Elmhurst, Illinois

45 months ago

Anyone know where you can attain IV certification for LPNs in the Chicagoland area?? It's very difficult to find any info on this!! Please help!! Thank you!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anglomerc1953 in Grants, New Mexico

44 months ago

There are lots of needs with the dept of labor working for a home health co. I'm in NM the 2nd time. my co. pays for your flight, car,hotel or apt. and a very good pay rate some others pay more but you have to furnish your own car, house, and pay your own taxes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

IVNurse in Tyler, Texas

44 months ago

GARNursing in Canton, Ohio said: I moved from Illinois to Canton Ohio and then found out I need an IV therapy course. Ohio will not recognize the course I had in Florida a long time ago. Does anyone know where I can get this near Akron/Canton Ohio????

go to www.iv-training.com for on-line IV education. Take the training on your schedule, earn CE's too

Angel in Akron, Ohio

42 months ago

GARNursing in Canton, Ohio said: I moved from Illinois to Canton Ohio and then found out I need an IV therapy course. Ohio will not recognize the course I had in Florida a long time ago. Does anyone know where I can get this near Akron/Canton Ohio? ???

I am an LPN and I think you can take the course at Portage Lakes Career Center on Steese Rd. in Green. I have to call and check myself Tues. but I really think they offer the IV course. Good luck Angel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

terryntexas in Houston, Texas

42 months ago

Tiffany, Eliz not Union City in Union City, New Jersey said: wcei.net will give LPN's in the US current certification locations. Good Luck!

Any luck finding a one day course? I need one in Houston or close by

IVNurse in Tyler, Texas

42 months ago

Terryntexas,
I would like to invite you to visit www.pedagogy-inc.com we have IV education from the basics to advanced courses. The Basics of Peripheral IV Therapy in Adults offers LVN/LPN's 6.6 contact hours of continuing education. Current Practices in the Management of Central Lines offers LVN's and RN's 5 contact hours. For the state of Texas, these courses meet Board of Nursing requirements for an LVN to practice IV therapy in the state. The courses are cost effective and pack in a ton of information-please visit the site and feel free to e-mail or call if you have further questions.

JAY in Rochester, Michigan

42 months ago

I currently have 7 classes remaining until the completion of my BSN at Oakland University. I have an $8000 bill I have to pay before I am allowed to attend school. I have until September to pay off this bill or I will be dropped from the nursing program and basically start all over on the two year waiting list. I wanted to know with the education that I have is it possible to sit for the LPN exam? This will allot me a better earning potential and I can get this bill paid off and get on with life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Hi

Thank You very much, but I live in New Jersey and perfer hands on training

IVNurse in Tyler, Texas

42 months ago

No problem Bgaylz in NJ. I was posting to the nurse in Houston. Some states do require BON approved IV courses, good luck in finding one in your area. I thought I would post for you a cool method to practice your IV insertions. I call it a 'low tech" method and it is actually more life like than a mannequin. My students actually prefered it over the "arm". Anyway, get the technique down on the "hand" then move on to the real thing.

www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Resources/General/Pedagogy-Hand-Setup.aspx

42 months ago

IVNurse in Tyler, Texas said: No problem Bgaylz in NJ. I was posting to the nurse in Houston. Some states do require BON approved IV courses, good luck in finding one in your area. I thought I would post for you a cool method to practice your IV insertions. I call it a 'low tech" method and it is actually more life like than a mannequin. My students actually prefered it over the "arm". Anyway, get the technique down on the "hand" then move on to the real thing.

www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Resources/General/Pedagogy-Hand-Setup.aspx

Okay...I was thinking about looking into it anyway.

Thanks Again

Joanne in West Roxbury, Massachusetts

42 months ago

NURSEJACKI in Roslindale, Massachusetts said: hey small fry! i think in MA the only way to become certified is through BORN. Go to Board of registration of Nursing and theres a part for LPNs to become certified in IV or in LTC. Im from Boston and this is the only thing Ive found. Hope this helps!

Hi, I went onto the website for BORN could not find anything on lpn iv training, can you please specify a bit more where?? thanks

IVNurse in Tyler, Texas

42 months ago

www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2terminal&L=7&L0=Home&L1=Provider&L2=Certification%2C+Licensure%2C+and+Registration&L3=Occupational+and+Professional&L4=Nursing&L5=Nursing+Practice&L6=Advisory+Rulings+on+Nursing+Practice&sid=Eeohhs2&b=terminalcontent&f=dph_quality_boards_nursing_p_iv_therapy&csid=Eeohhs2

Here is the link I found for MA regarding IV therapy.

I do not see where the MA BON states LPN IV education must be a board approved course. (Though that is the case in some other states) Please post the link if you have seen that for MA, sometimes sifting through a board's website is tedious--and easy to miss something. I try to keep updated on each states requirements, any updates are appreciated.

www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Resources/General/State-Boards-of-Nursing.aspx

42 months ago

Joanne in West Roxbury, Massachusetts said: Hi, I went onto the website for BORN could not find anything on lpn iv training, can you please specify a bit more where?? thanks

The BORN webpage only tells you the guidelines for LPN's does not specify where you can get training. I emailed them they do not offer any type of classes. I'll keep searching. Thanks anyway!

destiny in Canton, Ohio

42 months ago

GARNursing in Canton, Ohio said: I moved from Illinois to Canton Ohio and then found out I need an IV therapy course. Ohio will not recognize the course I had in Florida a long time ago. Does anyone know where I can get this near Akron/Canton Ohio????

Buckeye Career Center in New Philadelphia will be starting one on 3/1/11. Good luck

42 months ago

destiny in Canton, Ohio said: Buckeye Career Center in New Philadelphia will be starting one on 3/1/11. Good luck

Thanks but I live in Massachusetts!

Debbie in North Jersey

41 months ago

jp in Pennsville, New Jersey said: I live in new jersey and I have had a few people ask if I have had IV certification or training. If I get it, my pay doubles, yes DOUBLES. so I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for where I may look to take a class for this? also, I live near delaware and I would be willing to go to delaware but if I am licensed in NJ do I have to take the class in nj? I was at my dr the other day having a procedure on my back - and the girl got me all set up and I asked where she went to nursing school - oh she is a med tech....so I know she does IV's and she isnt a nurse? any help would be appreciated.

There is a company run my infusion nurses who give IV certification classes all over New Jersey the company's name is Infusion Care Experts, Inc. I have taken the class and the instructors are excellent.The pricing is reasonable and they will go all over for groups of 8-10. I took the class through my sub-acute facility but I know that they hold other classes also. You can find them at infusioncareexpertsinc@aol.com. I think they are around Union,NJ.

41 months ago

Debbie in North Jersey said: There is a company run my infusion nurses who give IV certification classes all over New Jersey the company's name is Infusion Care Experts, Inc. I have taken the class and the instructors are excellent.The pricing is reasonable and they will go all over for groups of 8-10. I took the class through my sub-acute facility but I know that they hold other classes also. You can find them at infusioncareexpertsinc@aol.com. I think they are around Union,NJ.

Thanks, but I live in Massachusetts.

Sweetcitygirl in Elizabeth, New Jersey

41 months ago

Hi Joanne in Roxbury,

There is a seminar coming up for Monday April 4, 2011 from 830a-630p @ Tuft Medical Center in Boston. Look it up this is the closest I could find in regards to Mass. The websites are: Nurse.com and NursingSpectrum.com under their seminar caption. Wish you luck!! Tiffany

Sweetcitygirl in Elizabeth, New Jersey

41 months ago

Bgaylz in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Hello,

Do anyone know of a lpn training course in Middlesex County or Union County.

Hi, I haven't taken time to read posts in a few months, there is a training program LPN for adults under the Midddlesex County Vocational ASchool if you are looking to limit your costs, or Middlesex County College has an excellent program as well. Goodluck, if you need in depth details feel free to email me: sweetcitygirl@rocketmail.com. I graduated from the VoTech and I worked @ the college. Union County only offers an LPN program with Union County College for the education portions and Trinitas Hospital is responsible for the Nursing portions also a good program --depending upon what you can afford to pay and if you are eligible for grants/loans.

sornah63 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

I live in Delawr, I'm an LPN and want to be IV certify, where can I find IV certification classes? I want hands on and not online courses. Can anybody help me find one? Thanks

jules in Keyport, New Jersey

40 months ago

Debbie in North Jersey said: There is a company run my infusion nurses who give IV certification classes all over New Jersey the company's name is Infusion Care Experts, Inc. I have taken the class and the instructors are excellent.The pricing is reasonable and they will go all over for groups of 8-10. I took the class through my sub-acute facility but I know that they hold other classes also. You can find them at infusioncareexpertsinc@aol.com. I think they are around Union,NJ.

hi Debbie , If your still interested try UMDNJ in Newark they have a class every month cost was 300.00 and certification is given after passing the class. Good luck!

IVNurse in Tyler, Texas

40 months ago

Pedagogy Inc. has added NEW I.V. courses. We have the largest selection of I.V. education courses in the on-line industry. We are featuring comments from nurses who have completed our program--they are LOVING the flexibility that on-line education offers and are learning more with our in-depth courses than they ever have with traditional classroom training. The Basics of Peripheral I.V. Therapy in Adults is $75. and Current Practices in the Management of Central Lines is $50.--so we are definitely afforadable. We have developed competency demonstration checklists, and suggested ways to practice your new skills.
www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Classes.aspx follow this link for course description, CE contact hours awarded and comments from other nurses.

www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Resources/General/Pedagogy-Hand-Setup.aspx follow this link for I.V. insertion ideas.

We have added several NEW courses geared toward the Home Health Nurse "Its All about Ports" and "All About Gamma Globulin" and "Wound Care in Today's Health Care Environment"
Would love to have you join us in the revolution of I.V. education!!

dkingswmn@aol.com in Pompton Lakes, New Jersey

29 months ago

jp in Pennsville, New Jersey said: I live in new jersey and I have had a few people ask if I have had IV certification or training. If I get it, my pay doubles, yes DOUBLES. so I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for where I may look to take a class for this? also, I live near delaware and I would be willing to go to delaware but if I am licensed in NJ do I have to take the class in nj? I was at my dr the other day having a procedure on my back - and the girl got me all set up and I asked where she went to nursing school - oh she is a med tech....so I know she does IV's and she isnt a nurse? any help would be appreciated.

Infusioncareexperts.com great iv classes in union,nj

IV Nurse in Troup, Texas

29 months ago

www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/nursing/algo1.htm

Always know the rules for practicing IV therapy according to the state in which you hold your license. The NJ BON does not give a lot of specifics, see the link.
Pedagogy Inc. offers online infusion education that is accredited for CE in all states. They offer 10 infusion courses, including the Basics of Peripheral IV therapy in Adults and the Care and Management of Central Lines (the usual curriculum recommended for LPN's). These courses are convenient, cost effective and you will learn a ton--visit the site to see what other nurses are saying about the courses.
www.pedagogy-inc.com

IV Nurse in Troup, Texas

28 months ago

@asferguson- are you an LPN looking for an Ohio BON approved course, or are you an LPN or RN looking for continuing education courses in IV Therapy?
www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Resources/General/State-Boards-of-Nursing/Ohio.aspx You may copy and paste the link to the Ohio BON-as they have VERY SPECIFIC standards for LPN's in the provision of IV therapies.

Asfurguson in Cleveland, Ohio

28 months ago

I am a LPN looking for Ohio BON approved course to become IV certified. I Live in the Cleveland area .

dajacquez@gmail.com in Farmington, New Mexico

28 months ago

Asfuarguson in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am a LPN looking for Ohio BON approved course to become IV certified. I Live in the Cleveland area .[/QUOTE i live in farmington, NM, and would like 2 be iv certified. can you help me find a course nearby. thank you

IV Nurse in Troup, Texas

28 months ago

dev.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Resources/General/State-Boards-of-Nursing/New-Mexico.aspx The following link is the requirements from the NM Board of Nursing on the education requirements of the LPN. Basically the statement is:The LPN is responsible for obtaining appropriate knowledge, skills and supervision to assure he/she can perform the function/procedure safely and competently. The RN must delegate such IV procedures, as IV therapy is not usually taught in LPN programs. LPNs must have additional education and documented competencies.
www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Classes/IV/Basic-Peripheral-IV-Therapy.aspx
www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Classes/IV/Central-Lines.aspx
The above to courses would fulfil "certification" requirements in the State of NM. The courses can be completed online on a schedule that works for you. Competencies are included with each course and are completed with a preceptor, usually an employer.

IV Nurse in Troup, Texas

28 months ago

www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Resources/General/State-Boards-of-Nursing/New-Mexico.aspx
My apologies I posted the wrong URL for the link to the NM BON- if the one above does not work please try this one.

kc in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

27 months ago

Clinical Solutions has a great IV certification program with many locations in Florida. Their website is www.ClinicalSolutionsME.com and the IV course link is
clinicalsolutionsme.com/Courses/30Hour.html

IV Nurse in Troup, Texas

21 months ago

www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Classes/Infusion/Florida-IV-Education.aspx
Pedagogy now offers a 30 hour LPN IV Certification course for nurses in Florida!

jennifer in Palisades Park, New Jersey

18 months ago

Tiffany in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: You can go to Nurse.com and click on the purple tab that says education and you will see a listing of IV certifications site with date. Very affordable Early register and it will only cost $200, and yes it is also for LPN/RN's and other healthcare professionals, I contacted them directly to inquire in regards to LPN's , hope this helps a lot of people. Good Luck!

I tried going on nurse.com but didn't find a purple education icon. i tried pressing the education tab but nothing about IV certifications. Please help me! this whole IV certified deal is not letting me get the jobs I want. I live in Northern Jersey (Bergen Country)It seems that there are more resources for LPN's than for RN's. helpppp

IV Nurse in Troup, Texas

18 months ago

Making Sense of IV “Certification” for LPNs/LVNs
www.pedagogy-inc.com/Home/Resources/General/Certification-for-LPNs-and-LVNs.aspx

TIFFANY HOOPER in Elizabeth, New Jersey

18 months ago

To Jennifer in Palisades Park, NJ

Palisades Hospital in North Bergen offers IV certification for $125 during weekdays only.
Use the main # and ask for Education Dept. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.