Background

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 152)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Stacey in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

I live in Tampa and was interested in becoming a LPN. My problem is that I had a felony conviction 10 years ago that was non violent/non drug related. Would I have a chance at getting both a LPN job and passing the test requirements? Please advise

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Stacey in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

Oh I forgot to mention that my civil rights were restored about 5 years ago and I have had steady employment since 1999.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

shy in Woodstock, Alabama

71 months ago

Stacey in Tampa, Florida said: I live in Tampa and was interested in becoming a LPN. My problem is that I had a felony conviction 10 years ago that was non violent/non drug related. Would I have a chance at getting both a LPN job and passing the test requirements? Please advise

you may call your board of nursing and ask them i live in ms and had a misdemineor charge and had to jump threw a few hoops it was just a fine on selling liquior w/o license. i had to send them court documents and a letter in my own words what happened and then they held my test results for two weeks. i also have a friend who had a dui 13 years ago and thought it would no show up or matter since she was clear on fbi records but they are holding her test results now and she is waiting to hear what has to be done. so contact your state board and ask every question u can think of.. ex: what documentation do u need, how long of wait, how will this effect mehope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jonathon Washington in Newark, New Jersey

69 months ago

I was allow by the state to take my boards and pass now i am having a hard time in getting my license. it's been seven months. my conviction for drug sells are 29-22- and 11 years old now i have to go to a moral hearing with the office of professional disipline. i feel it is very unjust to allow me to take the test then not be granted the license i work so hard for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MiMi R in Jacksonville, Florida

69 months ago

Wow - that's really something to hear after all of your hard work and time spent passing the test. I am very concerned about me here in Florida and trying to pursue my nursing degree. There are some medical degrees that dont require or as restricted like nursing.

I dont think that I can cope witht this type of disappointment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Clinkenbeard in Terre Haute, Indiana

69 months ago

I have been a nurse for 24 years and on September 08, 2008 I got pulled over and at that time i was out with friends and i had two 8 oz beers and i was booked. Now let me tell you from this experience, it does affect your chances of getting a job...when they do a back ground check it does show up as a misdemeanor. Now it isn't a Felony...but it doesnt matter. I am a social drinker and never drank and drove...but this woke me up. Now my question is help...Can anyone give me a suggestion on what to do to help with seeking employment and them over seeing the misdemeanor. I am currently working as a prison nurse...which they ask me about this but they didn't see a problem...now this is a state prision and they didn't see a problem so what is everyone elses problem?

Tammy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Trisha in Knoxville, Tennessee

69 months ago

I had a DUI in 1980 and it still shows up just be honest and that usually goes along way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nurse Michele in Salisbury, Maryland

69 months ago

I had a felony charge about 13 years ago. I finished nursing school 7 years ago. It was hard to write a letter explaining what happened and showing that I had done well since then....and then the long waiting. Once a month your state does a disciplinary hearing and your case should be heard the following month that you have applied for a license. Unfortunatly I somehow was overlooked. Mine took a few months but I called as often as I could and they allowed me a license. As far as working, I am always honest and in my career have not had a problem where someone would not hire me because of my felony. Good luck to you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

saul uribe in Henderson, Nevada

67 months ago

i had a job in tube service. i was working there for 7 years. i move to henderson nevada because my two son in henderson. i had felony in my past 10 years ago . my back round in history in woking is very very good. i have proof.i need a job too help my self and my famaly.thank you from saul uribe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

OHC in Haines City, Florida

67 months ago

I had a similar issue, in fact.. I had it when I first was licensed back in the 90's, but I submitted proof that I had been clean and sober for over 8 years, and had maintained stability, etc.
After several years of practice, I was nearing burn out, my child had a stroke (at age three) and my wife decided to seek a divorce so she could get government subsidized housing, since we had lost everything due to 100's of thousands in medical bills for my daughter.
I left nursing, and relapsed..I got picked up for possession, and eventually went through a long term treatment program, which I completed successfully.
I waited for a long time, and then after many years of clean time, and lots of
rebuilding, I applied for and was licensed again.
What the Board looks for is significant and well documented effort of rehabilitation..if You have that, I see no problem
Good luck and God Bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

hello in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

63 months ago

I am LPN and I am being accused of some a crime which could lead to arrest and it can be a felony. Will I loose my license? Do I need to report it to the Board of Nursing? I am so scared and I do not know what to do. This is my career. I have been a LPN for 7 years and I had been in trouble before but I have been nothing but good things I have my ALF.. Can someone help me???? I have obtain an attonery but I do not want this on my records.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Randy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

I am a LPN and have been for 5 years. I was convicted of a felony in 2005. My license was suspended than later reinstated. I was ordered to participate in the PHMP. I find it very hard to find employment. What I don't understand is, if the State Board of Nursing find you capable of practicing, why is so hard for others. Where do I even begin to look for employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DEBBIE in Asheville, North Carolina

59 months ago

ps try some correctional institution which usually hires more men anyway!!!!!! do not give up!!!! i am rooting for you!!!!! nursing can be so back stabbing!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anthony in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

58 months ago

I have been an LPN for the past 10years, recently I have been put on probation for acting out of the scope of my lisence. It has been very hard for me to get a job, as I can not work with temp agencies, nurse registry or for myself as a contractor, I have to be supervised. I was terminated as a result of the probation and has not worked for the past 6 months now. I have up front with any prospective emoployer, however it has been so far very hard. My probation is not a result of using illegal substance neither have I causing any harm to any client/patient or being violent. Would any one advice me on any course of action, I have been a student ay a community college continuing my education in nursing. I was told that I can not continue until the probation is lifted.....Please would anyone help me ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Randa in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

I am in the same situation, I am on probation I do not have to be supervised and its hard for me as well to find a job. Continuing when our probation is up is a good idea. The thing with me I also have to get a pardon from the state I live in as well. Only thing I can say is keep ur head up and don't let any body with negativity rain on your parade.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

Randa in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I am in the same situation, I am on probation I do not have to be supervised and its hard for me as well to find a job. Continuing when our probation is up is a good idea. The thing with me I also have to get a pardon from the state I live in as well. Only thing I can say is keep ur head up and don't let any body with negativity rain on your parade.

Thank You for your kind word, yesthe key is to stay positive in your thinking about the situation. Appreciate self for our full potential. Best wishes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anthony in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

57 months ago

Randa in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I am in the same situation, I am on probation I do not have to be supervised and its hard for me as well to find a job. Continuing when our probation is up is a good idea. The thing with me I also have to get a pardon from the state I live in as well. Only thing I can say is keep ur head up and don't let any body with negativity rain on your parade.

Thank you very much Wanda for those positive words....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kellyss in Berea, Ohio

55 months ago

Hello. I live in Cleveland Ohio, and I want to go to lpn school. I have a felony on my record from 5 years ago, along with a misdemeanor from over 17 years ago, neither are violent. Does anyone know if I can become an lpn in Cleveland Ohio with this on my background?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

me in Haines City, Florida

55 months ago

Call your nursing board, you will have to have your rights restored, and also
be accepted with your record in the school you want to attend.

Good luck, don't cast your pearls before swine. There are some hispanic women on here that hate White people, so brace yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

alhibbz in Cincinnati, Ohio

53 months ago

kellyss in Berea, Ohio said: Hello. I live in Cleveland Ohio, and I want to go to lpn school. I have a felony on my record from 5 years ago, along with a misdemeanor from over 17 years ago, neither are violent. Does anyone know if I can become an lpn in Cleveland Ohio with this on my background?

Hey as long as you have no violent offenses on your record, look yp the ohio senate bill 160 it will show you disqualifications

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Worried... in Tucson, Arizona

52 months ago

I have been an lpn for 20 years and wanted to get rn. I am a very good nurse.
I got a misdemeanor dui, and now face losing licensure over it. Did not ever break the scope of my licensure.. what can I do? State boards are taking 6 months plus to review stuff. Can I work as a cna?

momoffive in Eugene, Oregon

52 months ago

I have a misdemeanor theft charge and am wanting to be an LPN what do you think will I be able?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

scrappy mean nurse in Haines City, Florida

52 months ago

No nurse can tell you if you will be able to sit for boards.
ONLY the Nursing Board from your state will make that decision, and much of it
depends on your current history.
Here's what you do.. You review what the state you are in has for rules, and if it says a misdemeanor is ok, with explanation (every board I know of wants a full explanation of crimes) and what or how you have changed your life, then it will be your decision as to whether you think you really have changed and will qualify.

I can only say from my experience that they do not give out 'pre-qualified' status in Florida. I had to go all the way through school, hoping that my history had changed enough and that my letters of recommendation , and the letters I got from judges, the injured parties (some boards want a letter from the injured party) and ALL that stuff..I even got letters from my instructors..and in order to do that, I had to make A's, and I had to not be late, and all that, because I wanted to be able to ask for a letter of recommendation.

Most states don't care about a misdemeanor, unless it was really bad.

Good luck.. make sure you want to really be a nurse before you invest your time in it. It takes a special person to do what we do..it is real, people are really sick and you will have to earn your dues before you get some cushy spot counting
supplies.

52 months ago

Worried... in Tucson, Arizona said: I have been an lpn for 20 years and wanted to get rn. I am a very good nurse.
I got a misdemeanor dui, and now face losing licensure over it. Did not ever break the scope of my licensure.. what can I do? State boards are taking 6 months plus to review stuff. Can I work as a cna?

You are probably going to have a hard time, and here is why..in my opinion.

Nurses are supposed to have enough wits about them that they don't risk driving impaired. Having worked the E.R. and watched tons of guts come in disguised as folks who had been in a DUI wreck, I'd have some concerns about letting you practice..and I am sure the board thinks that too.
My advise to you, in order to save your friggin license, is to insert yourself into a treatment center somewhere, get help, even if you "don't need it" and also
take a defensive driving course..
If it was ME, I would also join AA, get a sponsor, and generally make sure that I have a handle on my drinking.
I personally cannot drink, because I like it too much..

You actually CAN resolve your situation, your nursing board wants you to succeed as a nurse, but they cannot have you running around offering tx to patients when you possibly have issues with substance abuse, and you know it. This is nursing 101.. If you like to party, quit nursing and go to work in a bar, no one is going to think less of you for doing what you enjoy... I know several nurses who went through school, got licensed, and they did it so they could drive a new car.

I won't work with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Your point is taken. I did something stupid, because my stress level @ the time was through the roof. I have already done AA, taken classes and been in counseling for the issues that created my lapse in judgement. It was a misdeameanor. At this point I have been granted my license. Thanks for the words of wisdom. I don't work to have a new car. I care about what I do. I have empathy and that is part of the proceses needed to be a good nurse.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Excellent news ! Sounds like you did what you needed to do in order to square it
with the board, congratulations !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Thank You......I plan on keeping it that way........

tuscan in Eaton Park, Florida

52 months ago

scrappy mean nurse in Haines City, Florida said: You are probably going to have a hard time, and here is why..in my opinion.

Nurses are supposed to have enough wits about them that they don't risk driving impaired. Having worked the E.R. and watched tons of guts come in disguised as folks who had been in a DUI wreck, I'd have some concerns about letting you practice..and I am sure the board thinks that too.
My advise to you, in order to save your friggin license, is to insert yourself into a treatment center somewhere, get help, even if you "don't need it" and also
take a defensive driving course..
If it was ME, I would also join AA, get a sponsor, and generally make sure that I have a handle on my drinking.
I personally cannot drink, because I like it too much..

You actually CAN resolve your situation, your nursing board wants you to succeed as a nurse, but they cannot have you running around offering tx to patients when you possibly have issues with substance abuse, and you know it. This is nursing 101.. If you like to party, quit nursing and go to work in a bar, no one is going to think less of you for doing what you enjoy... I know several nurses who went through school, got licensed, and they did it so they could drive a new car.

I won't work with them.

I like your response Scrappy nurse. Just an FYI for those in Florida who may not know...The Board does not want nurses practicing impaired in any way and in 1981 established a means to help such nurses. They now work hand in hand with an agency called Intervention Project Nurse. This is designed to protect the general public and restore the nurse to wellness. The requirements may sound strict yet I think it is a good program. The nurse must be evaluated by an approved doc and follow the recommended treatment plan. It may be 8 weeks of intensive outpt tx or 21 days of inpt tx. Once successfully completed, the nurse is allowed to return to work with the following restrictions..

tuscan in Eaton Park, Florida

52 months ago

tuscan in Eaton Park, Florida said: I like your response Scrappy nurse. Just an FYI for those in Florida who may not know...The Board does not want nurses practicing impaired in any way and in 1981 established a means to help such nurses. They now work hand in hand with an agency called Intervention Project Nurse. This is designed to protect the general public and restore the nurse to wellness. The requirements may sound strict yet I think it is a good program. The nurse must be evaluated by an approved doc and follow the recommended treatment plan. It may be 8 weeks of intensive outpt tx or 21 days of inpt tx. Once successfully completed, the nurse is allowed to return to work with the following restrictions..

No home health or hospice nursing for 3 yrs after entering into contract. Must be supervised by an RN who is aware of IPN status. No narcotic keys for 1 year for those with a narcotic abuse problem. Must call in nightly to pre-recorded message and if the nurses color ( pre-assigned) is called, to submit urine drug/alcohol screen at designated lab by 2pm the following day. To attend a weekly IPN meeting and 3 AA or NA meetings. To disclose to any potential employers that nurse is in IPN and have employer submit quartly evaluations of nurses status. I am probably leaving out a few things, but the end result once 3-5 yr contract is completed, is a healthy and reformed nurse.

Danny101 in Wilmington, Delaware

52 months ago

You are involved in an altercation with your boyfriend,spouse or significant other and are charged with assault and battery,Would this affect your nursing license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ljm253 in Franklin, Massachusetts

52 months ago

yes, you need to consult with a lawyer about reducing that charge. It will follow you forever and it is a felony. It shows you cant keep yourself under control. I don't know you or judge you but the places you work for will.

forise Bowling in Denver, Colorado

52 months ago

Stacey in Tampa, Florida said: Oh I forgot to mention that my civil rights were restored about 5 years ago and I have had steady employment since 1999.

Hi Stacey, Just wondering how were your civil rights restored. I am dealing with a felony on my record from six years ago. ( Assault on a peace officer- while in custody) It's been dropped to a conspiracy of menacing F-5. I am having difficultly obtaining employment. I am strongly considering a nursing career. Can you or anyone else help with a reply? Thanks. Reese

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

talli in Green Cove Springs, Florida

52 months ago

I hve a dui on my record in Fl..any suggestions on finding a job?? as a lpn???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alhibbz in Cincinnati, Ohio

52 months ago

No concerns for a dui. They are looking for felonies. In Ohio there is a Senate Bill 160, look it up, it has all the automatic bars that will keep you from geting a job, I have a DUI and other stuff and the DUI is the least of my worries. However if you haven't taking your boards you can always write a letter to them about your charge. Hope this was helpfull.

ljm253 in Franklin, Massachusetts

52 months ago

Last I heard, DUI is a felony. It may fall under unlawful use of a vehicle. At least around here, it is a felony.

52 months ago

Get a compact license,and try traveling...

Wondering......

51 months ago

I have a lot to ask! I have my LPN but took the last 13 yrs off after only working part-time at a subacute center. I have done my CE's every 2 yrs. First, does anyone know where I start at a refresher? I live in Orlando, Fl. Second, the bad stuff, Back in July I was arrested and charged with child neglect in Naples, FL. Why? My son refused to get into the suv and took off across a 6 lane rd (at a junction, all new and no traffic I have to add) back to a rental condo. He is 13 everyone! I was cleared by DCF with them stating that a 13 yr old is responsible enough to know better. He is an honor student also that is out of control and spoiled rotten. I have been a single mother not working, dumb, for 13 yrs. Had to add all that to all the mom's who will think the worst !He is out of control and actually attacked me in Aug. Hence, living at his Dad's! The charge was disposed but is on the arrest record. In October, when I went to court over this, I was arrested again the night before I was to go to court! I will NEVER go to that county again. My bf was in disbelief! I was out on bond. I was due in court at 9 am to end the first charge. I was in shock the next am to read the charges were: Resisting arrest without violence, resisting arrest with violence and battery on a police officer. Shock!!! I have NEVER touched anyone in my life! No charge as to why I was arrested!!!!!!! Well, the DA's office dropped/disposed of all the charges but hit me with Obstruction of a police officer. My attorney advised take it because they are out to get me for something. Now, how is all that going to affect me wanting to go back into nursing and I want to eventually get my RN. I have a BA and BS. I would LOVE any and all helpful advise and just anything! Thank you!

Wondering......

51 months ago

I have a lot to ask! I have my LPN but took the last 13 yrs off after only working part-time at a subacute center. I have done my CE's every 2 yrs. First, does anyone know where I start at a refresher? I live in Orlando, Fl. Second, the bad stuff, Back in July I was arrested and charged with child neglect in Naples, FL. Why? My son refused to get into the suv and took off across a 6 lane rd (at a junction, all new and no traffic I have to add) back to a rental condo. He is 13 everyone! I was cleared by DCF with them stating that a 13 yr old is responsible enough to know better. He is an honor student also that is out of control and spoiled rotten. I have been a single mother not working, dumb, for 13 yrs. Had to add all that to all the mom's who will think the worst !He is out of control and actually attacked me in Aug. Hence, living at his Dad's! The charge was disposed but is on the arrest record. In October, when I went to court over this, I was arrested again the night before I was to go to court! I will NEVER go to that county again. My bf was in disbelief! I was out on bond. I was due in court at 9 am to end the first charge. I was in shock the next am to read the charges were: Resisting arrest without violence, resisting arrest with violence and battery on a police officer. Shock!!! I have NEVER touched anyone in my life! No charge as to why I was arrested!!!!!!! Well, the DA's office dropped/disposed of all the charges but hit me with Obstruction of a police officer. My attorney advised take it because they are out to get me for something. Now, how is all that going to affect me wanting to go back into nursing and I want to eventually get my RN. I have a BA and BS. I would LOVE any and all helpful advise and just anything! Thank you!

Hoping someone in my area will read and know info..I will call the board tomorrow so if you can add to what I may have to deal with there will also be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

daisey30161 in Rome, Georgia

51 months ago

i have multiple misdem. charges in another state im currently enrolled in a lpn program and they only checked for that state and felonies. And it came out that i had a clean record. So im just going to tell the board i dont have any convictions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Arlington, Texas

51 months ago

daisey30161 in Rome, Georgia said: i have multiple misdem. charges in another state im currently enrolled in a lpn program and they only checked for that state and felonies. And it came out that i had a clean record. So im just going to tell the board i dont have any convictions

Not a good idea... At least in Texas you get finger printed prior to getting your license and they do an FBI nationwide check on you. If you lie, they will eventually find out and you can lose your license. Not worth all that hard work. You need disclose those charges and get a waiver.

flgirl in Panama City, Florida

51 months ago

Does any one know of a good nursing lawyer for licenses in FL that can give me advise maybe on a website or if they are near Northwest Florida. About to apply for license and think I may have problems need some help please. Thanks.

jv78 in Anniston, Alabama

51 months ago

I was originally licensed in Alabama, moved out of state where I worked licensed as a LPN in that state. While working in "that" state, I had an incident where I misdosed a patient's medication due to an error both on my part and the MA's part when she wrote it in, but I was turned in by my supervisor (who swore since she knew it was my first time ever in 4 yrs. of being a licensed nurse, of making a mistake, that she was not going to report it, but she would just fire me) to the nursing board. I found out that I had been investigated for the matter but had never been contacted because I had decided to not work as a nurse and to go back to college to take a break. When I finally did try to get a job, I was notified that I was on a disciplinary action. After a process of investigating the matter and reopening it for another investigation and after interviewing me, the nursing board decided to clear me of the discipline and allow me to go back to working as a LPN with NO restrictions or supervision. Now I have moved back to Alabama again, where I was originally licensed. I have been told that I have to reinstate my license here since this is where I was originally licensed. I am in the process of doing so. I am just wondering if anyone thinks that I will have any problems being reinstated. When my license was reinstated after the investigation, I didn't have any problems getting hired. I even told the employer out right why I had been disciplined. Like they said, every nurse makes a mistake. It was the first, last, and only mistake I ever made in nursing.

ol nasty male nurse with white skin in Haines City, Florida

51 months ago

I would do everything I could not to wave a lawyer at the board. They are not fond of uppity nurses.
I am serious as I can be. Write the truth, pray, do whatever, but a lawyer has no sway with the board. They can deny you for the smallest of reasons, and thinking that you can present your history through a lawyer, high priced, good talker, etc., is not the way to go.
If you are a decent person that did well in school, you should not have a problem.
If you have a conviction involving risky public behavior, you probably should not seek a nursing career.
good luck.

ol nasty male nurse with white skin in Haines City, Florida

51 months ago

daisey30161 in Rome, Georgia said: i have multiple misdem. charges in another state im currently enrolled in a lpn program and they only checked for that state and felonies. And it came out that i had a clean record. So im just going to tell the board i dont have any convictions

What happens if the board uses a different system to check , and they come back with your record ? Its much better not to have to explain a lie, vs. telling them the straight up everything ..besides, when you are thorough, they have a tendency to think you will be honest in the future.

Fishgirl88 in Wilkesboro, North Carolina

50 months ago

Hi,I was wondering if having the charge resisting a public officer which is a misd. would keep me from getting to take the NCLEX

KAT in Arlington, Texas

50 months ago

Fishgirl88 in Wilkesboro, North Carolina said: Hi,I was wondering if having the charge resisting a public officer which is a misd. would keep me from getting to take the NCLEX

You will have to declare it when you apply. There is no way to say for sure until you go through the board of nursing.

Wondering in Orlando, Florida

50 months ago

Hi! I read ur statement. I called this am the Miller School re my charge of Obstruction of an officer without violence &&& the original charges. You won't have a problem. Ty 4 ur post. I laid it out here & didn't get a response. You should be fine but you have, have, to be honest! :) Smile... I am. Same charge & I asked re sitting for boards for you. No problem! Btw...I Am in FL.

Fishgirl88 in Wilkesboro, North Carolina

50 months ago

Hey! Thanks, for the reply! I was worried about that charge! I really want to be a RN. In 2008 My boyfriend came to my job and got my car, well he wrecked it. The officer ask me who was driving the car and I wouldnt say anything. All I said was He came and got the car from my job and I was at work so I didnt know who wrecked the car. So since I wouldnt say nothing besides that he chraged me with ressiting a public officer. When I went to court I didnt have a lawyer I just represented myself so I caught the charge :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

talli in Middleburg, Florida

49 months ago

I was charged with a DUI 1 yr ago. Any suggestions in my job search. I have 15 yrs experience as a LPN in Florida. First and only offense. I know I made a big mistake just very thankful I did not hurt anyone.
I have applied, but once the DUI is mentioned I never get hired. I am very honest and upfront, I made the mistake and I will pay the price.
Thankful for any suggestions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Windergirl in Monroe, Georgia

49 months ago

Hi, I have misdemeanor bad check charge from 1996--all that is on my record. Anyone know if I will be able to get a LPN license or even go through the clinicals at school? I am in GA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.