kicked out of nursing school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Lpn2be in Cleveland, Ohio

19 months ago

I was told over the phone today that I am dropped from the nursing program at Lincoln college of technology because my juvenile record. I have been in school for a year and was due to graduate march 28th. Only 2 more months :,( I was told the Ohio board of nursing won't grant meli licensurline anyway so there's no point in Lincoln college allowing me to complete their LPN program. The Ohio board of nursing site states that they grant licensure to whom they choose & judge records individually. I was also told I falsified college documents by stating on my application that I was never convicted of a crime, but I didn't think.my juvenile record counted. It's over 8 yrs old. I was pulled from class yesterday & asked to leave premises until I provided documentation of what's on my record. I went to juvenile court & brought the paperwork b.ck to the program manager. I was instructed that everything Is ok & I'm clear to return to class & clinicals. I went back to class. This morning I had on my backpack leaving out the door. My phone rang . It was the nursing program manager informing me I'm dropped. I feel lost . Time wasted . Sad. I don't know if any other schools will accept me. I've called legal aid. The schools corporate office. The board of nursing hasn't returned my call yet. I don't know what to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

msrn in Texas

19 months ago

i'm sorry this happened to you. I suggest you to talk to a lawyer who defends nurses before BON. I believe the consultation is free. There are nurses who has records and able to obtain license. Ask lawyer if there is anything they can do about your juvenile record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie Dieudonne in Miami, Florida

8 days ago

What's the update on this story?
I'm curious

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lpn2be in Cleveland, Ohio

8 days ago

I still have not been able to clear my record. I have no job. I've been seeking employment since November 2013. Lots of interviews, no call backs. Fixed income & juvenile court wants me to pay for expungement which takes 3-6 months. so as it stands I won't be returning to nursing school until my life circumstances and luck change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deedee1124 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

7 days ago

That's so unfair. I wouldn't think a juvenile record what carry this much weight. What a shame.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CaptainsLog in Redmond, Washington

6 days ago

There are still ways to get your nursing degree. Never give up. Nursing school is a great way to get a great job. As a CNA, LPN, RN, RN with BSN, MSN. I mean the career ladder can start with as little as several month-long course to earn your CNA. Then you can work your way up from there. lpnbsn.com is one place to find nursing schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.