How much is the starting pay for LPN's in Atlanta?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 435)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Beth in Lawrenceville, Georgia

75 months ago

Hi All,
I am considering going to school to become a LPN, but was wondering what the starting pay was. I'm actually torn between MA and LPN. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (255) / No (54) Reply - Report abuse

pat in New Castle, Delaware

75 months ago

16 dollors. just move from ATL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Greta in Atlanta, Georgia

75 months ago

I make $16 per hour as a MA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

jenny in Knoxville, Tennessee

74 months ago

Beth in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Hi All,
I am considering going to school to become a LPN, but was wondering what the starting pay was. I'm actually torn between MA and LPN. Thanks!

just though id let ya know i am in lpn school in tennessee and still have 3 months left and already i have had an offer for 18 an hour with a 2 dollar shift differential....just thought id let ya know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

diane in Lagrange, Georgia

72 months ago

It pays a lot better than ma does and ma's do just about everything a LPN can do, especially when working in a doctor's office or a clinic.And you will go to school almost as long as lpn. But better yet get your RN degree.LPN jobs are getting fewer and farther between. Almost all hospitals and most homehealth agencies use only RN's. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

holly brotherton in Archie, Missouri

70 months ago

i am a CNA, i am going to go to school fro LPN but was wondering what the start pay was in missouri, if anybody out there knows!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (120) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

An'Tonish Hebert in Lake Charles, Louisiana

70 months ago

I am thinking about going to college to be an LPN. I'm a senior in high school now,but im wondering on what is is the starting pay? Does anybody know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (134) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Lauren in Phoenix, Arizona

70 months ago

i'm an LPN and have been for 25 years I make 22/hour phoenix,Az.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

debbie in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

70 months ago

Lauren in Phoenix, Arizona said: i'm an LPN and have been for 25 years I make 22/hour phoenix,Az.

Is this average pay for an lpn with 25 years experience? I am on a waiting list for lpn school, 1 year wait, and I am 48 years old. Should I take another direction?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

Judith in Douglasville, Georgia

70 months ago

I am a LPN and a MA. My top pay was 16.50 here in Atlanta in a Dr's office. Have been out of work since Feb 08. Almost 20 yrs as a LPN. Very few LPN jobs unless you want nursing home or home health. My advice is get your RN ASAP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Shemika in Atlanta, Georgia

69 months ago

For LPN's it really depends on the employer and how much they're willing to pay. I just recently graduated from school as a Medical Assistant, no luck with finding a job. So now I'm enrolled in the LPN program. At least with lpn you will be able to find a job. After talking with several employers 22.00 is the amount I've been told. But look at this work at an Nursing Home for a year, then go with some of the travel companies, which offer contracts 30.00 hour. Or some of the hospitals will hire LPN on the Med- Surge floor. So do your research before you make up your mind, cause alot of people think LPN don't make money,but yes they do. It's all about who you, and who's the employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Sally in Medford, New York

69 months ago

I've been a LPN for a year.I've been working for 6 months and make $21/hr in NY. Family owns a home in Roanoke, VA. How is the pay and work their? Looking to move June 2009. Would like more info on the area and schools if possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

susan in Grant, Michigan

69 months ago

lpn less than 5 years 46000/yr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

sherrill in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

lpn for 2 1/2 yrs 55,ooo/yr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

holly in Terre Haute, Indiana

69 months ago

im considering going to school for LPN. Would I get any extra experience getting a CNA in the mean time? Or would i learn the same things taking the LPN courses? I was also wondering if anyone could tell me the best place to apply after I got an LPN?..Doctors office,hospital,ect? Does anyone know the average hourly pay for Terre Haute, Indiana?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kreebaby in Ephrata, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

holly in Terre Haute, Indiana said: im considering going to school for LPN. Would I get any extra experience getting a CNA in the mean time? Or would i learn the same things taking the LPN courses? I was also wondering if anyone could tell me the best place to apply after I got an LPN?..Doctors office,hospital,ect? Does anyone know the average hourly pay for Terre Haute, Indiana?

Hi holly my name is kree and I been a LPN for 14 months. I was a cna for 2yrs before I enrolled in nursing school. Try cna it will help you get experience while training for nursing. It helped me out a lot, I asked the nurses a lot of questions on the job and they told me a lot of insight on nursing. Best place is hospital when u get your boards but try all areas so you know what fits for you. In the merrillville Indiana area hospitals are difficult to get in but long term taught me a lot jus patient load was extremely heavy. Email for more questions if u r interested kreebaby83@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nurse Michele in Salisbury, Maryland

68 months ago

I am from Maryland and I am an LPN and make $23 an hour. I hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

kreebaby in Ephrata, Pennsylvania said: Hi holly my name is kree and I been a LPN for 14 months. I was a cna for 2yrs before I enrolled in nursing school. Try cna it will help you get experience while training for nursing. It helped me out a lot, I asked the nurses a lot of questions on the job and they told me a lot of insight on nursing. Best place is hospital when u get your boards but try all areas so you know what fits for you. In the merrillville Indiana area hospitals are difficult to get in but long term taught me a lot jus patient load was extremely heavy. Email for more questions if u r interested kreebaby83@gmail.com

Hi Holly...I am an LPN and just finished my classes for my RN. When you start school for your LPN you can sit for the CNA after the first 3 -4 months of schooling since that is about the equivilant to the CNA classes. So it is my opinion that would be adding time to your schooling if you went to the CNA and then went to the LPN. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Celeste Wharton in Rex, Georgia

67 months ago

debbie in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: Is this average pay for an lpn with 25 years experience? I am on a waiting list for lpn school, 1 year wait, and I am 48 years old. Should I take another direction?

Maybe you can try Patient Care Technician I think they are trying to phase out the LPN Position I'm going to start a CNA class in 09 and was looking into LPN but I just see a lot of positions for PCT I think I'll go to a PCT program instead of LPN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Keep in mind that they have said that they were going to do away with the LPN's for over 20 years now. We have limited areas where we are being hired but as far as nursing homes, home health, and offices I do not see them being able to do without the LPN. Patient care techs do not make the money that LPN's make and you can not do a transition class to the RN program later if that is what you decide. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lovnnursing in Merrillville, Indiana

67 months ago

I am an LPN and have ben for about four months I make 22.00/hr. The pay is great. I believe you make more in LTC facilities. Overtime is good as well you make time and a half. I am 23 years old and the pay is great for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lovnnursing in Merrillville, Indiana

67 months ago

holly in Terre Haute, Indiana said: im considering going to school for LPN. Would I get any extra experience getting a CNA in the mean time? Or would i learn the same things taking the LPN courses? I was also wondering if anyone could tell me the best place to apply after I got an LPN?..Doctors office,hospital,ect? Does anyone know the average hourly pay for Terre Haute, Indiana?

I am a lpn in merrillvile, I am 23 years old. I went into nursing with no healthcare experience. The first few classes teach you about CNA work. After you complete those classes you can actually get your certificate. I think the best place to apply for work is nursing homes, because they pay the most and lpns pretty much are charge nurses. I graduated in may 2008, I began working in August 2008, my first paycheck I grossed 3054, honey I framed that check. I work at a nursing home midnights, 22/hr, plus I always wrk overtime and that time and a half. Its a lucrative field and you always have a job. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

newlpn in Greenville, South Carolina

67 months ago

I live in sc I just got my LPN license. I have not had any problem finding a job here and am starting out at 17.00 per hour for first shift at an assisted living facility. The only thing is that they don't hire LPNs in the hospital and the pay in the doctors office is not even comparible (12-15.00)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nina in Fayetteville, North Carolina

66 months ago

I've been an lpn all of 6 weeks and I am making 18.50/hr at a ltc/rehab center...I plan to stay there at least a yr since all other places seem to require 1 yrs experience. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Parkville, Maryland

66 months ago

Nurse Michele in Salisbury, Maryland said: I am from Maryland and I am an LPN and make $23 an hour. I hope that helps.

Hey Michele from Salisbury! I live in MD also. Please tell me more about your position...facility? Private? base pay or differential? ETC...anything else you can share! ;) I start a program in September! Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

debbie in Manchester, New Hampshire

66 months ago

I graduated from Lpn School in 2005. I made 53,000 my first year. I am going back to get my RN because there are more opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ecj in Trenton, Michigan

66 months ago

Nurse Michele in Salisbury, Maryland said: Keep in mind that they have said that they were going to do away with the LPN's for over 20 years now. We have limited areas where we are being hired but as far as nursing homes, home health, and offices I do not see them being able to do without the LPN. Patient care techs do not make the money that LPN's make and you can not do a transition class to the RN program later if that is what you decide. Good luck.

I would agree using LPN as a steping stone is a good way. I know in my area they have a online program for LPN to RN (but you do have to set up a clinical experience at the end of the program). I would say if you have the 2 years go to school for RN straight away as RN offers more oppportunities. But a lot of people who have families, nontraditional students - single Mom, etc. cannot go this route as they need to be working as quickly as possible. So doing LPN gets them out quicker, making good money, and then can go on to finish the RN at a later time. This was my intention.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No Reply - Report abuse

lielite in Newark, New Jersey

66 months ago

Beth in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Hi All,

i got out of school and liscenced as LPN 2 yrs ago, and i dont know what you people are talking about. jobs as LPN are VERY EXTREMEMLY HARD TO COME BY, offer crap pay. i know ma's who make more with half the loans to repay, and half the knowlege! LPN SUCKS , I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE, SORRY. i now have 25ooo. debty to pay off and almost impossible to pay it off!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (63) Reply - Report abuse

Tamaria in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

what is the difference between a MA and LPN, like what's the pay difference , i already know they're both 1 or 2 year programs for the diploma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

althe in Youngstown, Ohio

66 months ago

Nina in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I've been an lpn all of 6 weeks and I am making 18.50/hr at a ltc/rehab center...I plan to stay there at least a yr since all other places seem to require 1 yrs experience. :)

i want to move there an i need to know where you work at because im moving to the are and im gonna need a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Meri in Duluth, Georgia

65 months ago

Hi

I'm interested in taking the LPN course, could you please tell me what school i could attend to get my LPN license. I live in Georgia.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mzjoi2u in Sacramento, California

65 months ago

debbie in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: Is this average pay for an lpn with 25 years experience? I am on a waiting list for lpn school, 1 year wait, and I am 48 years old. Should I take another direction?

Anyone that is interested in knowing what a LPN/LVN makes, go to www.salary.com,
I have found it to be very helpful, and another thing age isnt important, Ive been to several seminars and found out that hospitals are sending people to school her in california and more schools are opening up because of the need for LPN/LVN's so good luck to all who are looking to get ahead in life,,I also have a friend who has her RN-BSN and she is considering going to Dubai, because she has found out that she can make $100,000 in one year, so Im excited that I have that option, also she only does contract work here in california, and she works 3day 12hr shifts and she make's 45hr plus overtime,, what a Life!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cmcashman@charter.net in Spencer, Massachusetts

65 months ago

Listen its all about where you want to work. There are many jobs available for LPNs in long term care. As a brand new LPN in LTC I started at $20.42/hr for the day shift and $23.42 for the evening shift. I loved the pay but unfortunately the work load was too heavy for me but if you find the right place you can really make good money and enjoy yourself. I am now employed with a county prison I am a state employee and I have wonderful pay and benefits I do plan to become an RN and am working on it as we speak. But for some they are content with being an LPN as with my best friend who also works with me. She is quite content with her position as an LPN and has no intentions as of now to become an RN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cmcashman

65 months ago

Thank you for your reply. Dang I'd like to earn that much money I could get out of debt fast!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DANIELA in Silver Spring, Maryland

65 months ago

i am very surprise as a new grad in md my friend makes 24 a hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

XXX in Jersey City, New Jersey

65 months ago

you sure thats as lpn, not rn? is that at hospital, or nursing home or agency?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BMXMom in Rhinelander, Wisconsin

65 months ago

Where I live LPNs start at $17.00. In Wisconsin long term fac., hospice and home care are hiring more LPNs and less RN unless you work for the hospital. Because of the economy crisis, LPNs are being hired instead of RNs. LPNs make more than MAs but you may not get a M-F job. Also it's easier to finish your RN if your a LPN first. Good luck on your decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hedy in Columbus, Ohio

65 months ago

does anyone in the atlanta area know of a college that has a bridge program lpn to rn?? i have taken courses for the rn, but i still need micro, pathology, and chemstry, anatomy I&II. when i took anatomy is wasn't separaated 10yrs ago. Can anyone give me some input. thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hlt3 in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

hedy in Columbus, Ohio said: does anyone in the atlanta area know of a college that has a bridge program lpn to rn?? i have taken courses for the rn, but i still need micro, pathology, and chemstry, anatomy I&II. when i took anatomy is wasn't separaated 10yrs ago. Can anyone give me some input. thanx

Check out Georgia Perimeter College.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HEDY in Columbus, Ohio

65 months ago

I live in columbus, ohio and the highest that i have made was 21.oo/night shift diff. i have been nursing since l988 when we were starting at 9.50 maybe 10.00.thats if you're a staff nurse if you work agency you can make 23.00-24.50/hr. so it depends where you are and where you begin. I cannot make more of the ceiling wages, but once i become an RN in the hospital then you are looking at 28.oo-34.00/hr starting as a new rn. so to answer you question its never to late, but focus on going on to the RN program once you'vecompleted the LPN program. It will help make good money while you are meeting that goal.GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

XXX in Newark, New Jersey

65 months ago

go straight to rn 1st--trust me!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

hlt3 in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

Meri in Duluth, Georgia said: Hi

I'm interested in taking the LPN course, could you please tell me what school i could attend to get my LPN license. I live in Georgia.

Thanks

Try GA Perimeter College if that fesible for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hlt3 in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

I say..Go for whatever will work for you! I have a couple friends who did LPN school 1st and then turned around a couple months to a year later and completed their RN degree! They wouldn't have done it any other way--- ESP, if you have kids the LPN program may be easier & then going back to finish up!! To get your FEET WET- so to speak- Don't overload yourself!! It's alot of work & determination needed! But it will DEFINATELY PAY OFF! Best Of LUCK to YOU! : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

did they say anything about pay and availty. of jobs in atlanta/ in the south ? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hlt3 in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

LOL--- Thank you! Let me clear that up! These friends are on dc, b-more, va, charlotte, chicago & of course Atlanta--Just to name a few! Peace & Blessings '09.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mzjoi2u in Sacramento, California

65 months ago

Thanks hlt3 from the atl for the information,,, my goal is to move to the atl from cali,,but 1rst, i gotta get my lvn from here at kaplan college.. its a 10 month program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LPN2RN in Nashville, Tennessee

65 months ago

lielite in Newark, New Jersey said: i got out of school and liscenced as LPN 2 yrs ago, and i dont know what you people are talking about. jobs as LPN are VERY EXTREMEMLY HARD TO COME BY, offer crap pay. i know ma's who make more with half the loans to repay, and half the knowlege! LPN SUCKS , I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE, SORRY. i now have 25ooo. debty to pay off and almost impossible to pay it off!

I used to live in NJ an there arent any LPN jobs there!I was in the Army for 4 years and never had trouble finding a job until I looked for one in NJ. I have come by hundreds now that I am in TN, and pretty much every where else but NJ. I would recommend LPN to anyone...except those who live in NJ.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Latrina Harris in Detroit, Michigan

65 months ago

Is it true that anyone looking to become a LPN must first have experience as a CNA?

I graduated from the nurse aide program April 2007. I tried it for 3 months in a nursing home and did not like it so much,so I decided not to take the exam because I wanted to change careers. But now I feel I made a big mistake in not getting certified as a CNA because now I hear that one must become a CNA before entering the LPN program. Is this true. I'm currently torn between a career as a MA or LPN. I want to eventually become a RN (clinic nurse).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

thats not the case in all/ many cases. must be possibly in your state or that partic. school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

65 months ago

Is 52 too old to become an LPN? I am thinking about a career move from dental hygienist as our field is saturated. I love working with patients and don't want to exit the healthcare field. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.