LPN Questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Amy in Saint Cloud, Minnesota

77 months ago

What are your questions? I can try to help answer them for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chip in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

77 months ago

do you find that there is a high hiring rate in this type of job.
What education did you have to take for this job and where
What is the rate of pay for this type of job
How did you find the course and was it very helpful when you went out in the feild to work.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

I am currently looking for a job. There are qutie a few positions available in my area. Most are nursing home or home health care, but there are some clinic and hospital positions as well. I just recently graduated and passed my boards so I am new to the hiring process. It took me two years to get my lpn and I did it through a local technical college. The rate of pay in my area is anywhere from 30,000 - 40,000 depending on where you work. I can't really answer the last question as I have not worked in my field yet, but I can tell you that I learned alot in my program. They prepared us to take our boards, become great nurses and go on for our RN's if we desire to. I plan on doing my RN but it will probably be a year or two before I will be done with it. I want to enjoy my time as an LPN.
I hope this helped you. If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Thank you very much,I am sure you will find a job. I know i my area there is tones of work, and the need is very high. How did you fing the course,I have been out of school for sometime, and i am going but to get me back in the mode for the course.I am a little nervous about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

I found the program just by visiting my local technical college. You will be suprised to see how many non-traditional students there are at technical colleges. In my class there were only two young students aged 19, all the rest of us were older, most have children and husbands, some even had grown children. I know how hard it can be to get motivated to go back to school. I went back after 4-5 years of being done with my first degree, it was hard to get back into it, but I loved it once I got there. You'll do just fine, you'll see!
I would visit your local colleges and see what they have for LPN Programs.
Good Luck to you on your new adventure! It will be a great time!

77 months ago

I have contacted my local Colleges and I enrolled in the General Arts and Sciences and also applyed for the LPN the following year. It will be different thats for sure but I am looking forward to it. My kids are both teenagers so it's good to know i wont feel out of place. I have heard that there are alot of older people going back to school. Thanks again for all your feedback.

Diane

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Adrienne in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

I've been an LVN for 4 yrs now & I have to admit that I wish someone had told me to bypass LVN & go straight for RN. The pay for an LVN/LPN is better than most jobs but they are in very limited fields. I've been fortunate enough to work only in hopitals & clinics but now that I'm in between jobs, I see how limited my options really are. RNs not only make (roughly) double the salary, but the specialty options are endless. RNs are in great demand EVERYWHERE. I'm currently working towards mine & I recommend you look into the RN 30-unit option, if you don't care to earn the actual degree.

Erica in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

Hey , i have completed all the courses for any RN program and am very interested in getting in one but they are all impacted . Does anyone know a really good trade school that i can go to and then go from RN to BSN.

Delores in Willowbrook, Illinois

75 months ago

chip in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island said: Hi I am tking my LPN in September and need to ask a LPN some questions any one willing to answer 6 qiuck questions for me.

You can go to your local college.In illinois we make between 30-45k.Jobs in homehealth,LTC,Schools,hospitals are good.After you finish LPN school go for IV certification lots of hospitals are asking for it.

ragavendra in red diamond, United States minor outlying islands

72 months ago

tell me the 6 questions and i will answer what ever is possible.
-----
ragavendra

[url=www.addictionlink.org/drug-rehab-center/prince-edward-island]prince edward island drug rehab[/url]

rathodrejoice in Ahmadabad, India

64 months ago

i want to have information for registration for LPN in Prince state Island.

bawandota in San Antonio, Texas

63 months ago

Has anyone completed Galen College lvn to rn program or University of Phoenix LVN to BSN? I would like to hear your personal experiences. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jenni in Saint Paul, Minnesota

59 months ago

Amy in Saint Cloud, Minnesota said: What are your questions? I can try to help answer them for you!

Hi Amy,

If you are currently working as an LPN, would you be willing to answer some questions for me? I am a first semester nursing student at Anoka Tech and have an assignment to interview an LPN due Tues the 8th of Dec. Please e-mail me if you can help @ jenniferlynne23@yahoo.com.

Thank you!

Jenni

ljm253 in Franklin, Massachusetts

58 months ago

Hi Everyone,
I am planning on taking an entrance exam soon and looking to apply to a schhool for LPN program. I was just wondering if anyone can give me some insight into what I would be getting myself into. I already am a CNA/HHA in a homecare agency but have not worked in a nursing home or rehab facility. I was hoping someone could give me some ideas as to what their workday consist of and how they feel after getting into this profession. I am curious to what task you perform thruout your day. Thank you very much in advance.

lionel liautaud in Brooklyn, New York

58 months ago

my wife is a LPN studied in canada with 6 years of experience she want to move to new york city she started to learn english what is her chance to pass the new york city test board and to get job here in nyc thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cherylfavor@hotmail.com in Orrville, Ohio

34 months ago

I had ask an admission person about their LPN school. and whst was
the score you have to have, to enter into the school she told me
raw score 30 on the science part and 33 on the nursing test. can
you tell me the right score is 63 or it is higher. I do not no the
LPN score.

Thank YOU!

littledaddyj37 in Green City, Missouri

33 months ago

Amy in Saint Cloud, Minnesota said: What are your questions? I can try to help answer them for you!

I am about to be accepted into an lpn nursing program at a college in missouri. what I would like to know if possible is will owing back child support keep me from obtaining my lpn license?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.