Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing laboratory technician work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Paulo Carrilho in Albufeira, Portugal

83 months ago

I want to go work to USA,California,whi i'ts so dificult to find work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I have been Dental Technician Specialized the 24 years experience,I make all works in Laboratory,Total and Partial Dentures,Ortodontics Braces,Squelletics,Temporarys Crowns,Bridges,to start to finishing,I understand very well ATM Ocllusion,I'm very interested to go work from one Dental Laboratory,in California.My Sincerely,Yours Faithfully.Paulo Carrilho.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I want to go work to USA,California,whi i'ts so dificult to find work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

clay carroll in York, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing laboratory technician work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

I BEGAN LAB WORK IN 1988 WITH NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE. I WAS PAID 3.50 AN HOUR. 18 MONTHS LATER I WAS WORTH 10.00 AN HOUR. DURING MY TIME AT EASTERN LABORATORY ASSOC. I WORKED AS A MICROBIOLOGICAL LAB TECH. PERFORMED VARIOUS TEST ON DAIRY PRODUCTS, WATER I.E. SWIMMING POOL, DRINKING, WASTE WATER, WELL WATER. RESPONSIBLE FOR DER AND FDA LABORATORY INSPECTIONS, RECORDS KEEPING, QUALITY CONTROL, EQUIPMENT REPAIR, ORDERING MEDIA AND GLASSWARE LAB SUPPLIES
I TOOK ON ANY AND ALL LAB RESPONSIBILITIES NOW SOME YEARS LATER A DEGREE GIVES ONE THE MONEY.
CALIFORNIA HAS TWO OF 3 HOT SPOTS IN THE U.S. SAN DIEGO AND SAN FRANCISCO ARE BOOMING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.