Tips for leasing agent interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming leasing agent interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Cindy Johnson

69 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming leasing agent interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Yes, they will ask you different senarios and how you will handle them. For instance....

1.If someones apt. is flooding what would you do?
2.If someone is late on their rent how will you respond?
3.When irate customers come in how will you handle them?
4.They will ask you things like tell me a time when you helped a person that was in need?
5.If your best friend came in would you offer him a better deal?
6.What are your strengths?
7.What are your weaknesses? You might think you don't have any. But we all have a weakness of some kind....
8.How do define integrity?
9 Do you work well with others?
10.Can you work on your own or do you need guidance?

I hope this helps.... Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (220) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in San Diego, California

60 months ago

Those are great comments. Thanks for the questions. I have my 2nd interview tomorrow and I went over all of this in my head. I also studied the various tasks and responsibilities of an agent and consultant, as well as the various forms used in a leasing office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Misty in Katy, Texas

58 months ago

I would go ahead and send a thank you letter either the same day or the next day because its going to take a few days to get there anyways and you said she was trying to fill the position ASAP. One call and One letter within a few days of the interview is not too much. Its just enough to let the hiring manager know that you're really interested in the position without sounding too desperate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Misty in Katy, Texas

58 months ago

Chad in Aiken, South Carolina said: Ms. Johnson

I need some help, I just finished an interview with a apartment complex on Monday. I have a strong real estate and customer service background. I was in the interview for a hour. The property manager said she wanted the job filled yesterday but was having to go through a ll the hoops so she didnt know when it would be filled. I called the next day and thanked her for her time and expressed my great interest. When or would it be ok to write a thank you letter?

I would go ahead and send a thank you letter either the same day or the next day because its going to take a few days to get there anyways and you said she was trying to fill the position ASAP. One call and One letter within a few days of the interview is not too much. Its just enough to let the hiring manager know that you're really interested in the position without sounding too desperate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hkamper09 in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

I'm having a interview this weekend for an Apartment Leasing Agent in Dallas and I'm just wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on what kinda questions they will be asking me. I REALLY WANT THIS JOB! So current or previous leasing agent employees please fill free to fill me in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (91) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hkamper09 in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

Sorry I meant to say feel free to fill me in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

venelectra in Austin, Texas

38 months ago

I am going to get an interview for leasing agent, I do not have experience working as a leasing agent. What kind of question should i have to make to interviewer?, what the most important thing do i have to know first?, could you please give an orientation? thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (94) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Jro in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

I have an opportunity of doing a dry run at the end of the week? I plan on calling the guy who interviewed me, before I go back in. Are there other questions I should probably ask since its straight commission?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.