Pay

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Athena in Irving, Texas

48 months ago

I have been in a leasing position for a year now. I make $11 an hour and my concern is that after a year that I should be able to make more. If I get a raise at all it will be 3%. I am the first one there and the last to leave everyday and have put so much of myself into this job. I feel, at this point, I am being taken advantage of. What do you think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

babyaj2motheraj25 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

45 months ago

Athena in Irving, Texas said: I have been in a leasing position for a year now. I make $11 an hour and my concern is that after a year that I should be able to make more. If I get a raise at all it will be 3%. I am the first one there and the last to leave everyday and have put so much of myself into this job. I feel, at this point, I am being taken advantage of. What do you think?

I have been with this company that I am with right now for going over 2 years. October 6, was my anniversary of two years with them. Our apartment complex only has 146 units which makes for less pay. With the economy the way it is, I have yet to get a raise at all. We barely make our quarterly bonuses. I myself was thinking God that I have a job at all making $10.00 per hour is not that bad, but I am having to outweight the good and the bad and have decided to continue to strive for better. There are others out there that will ask for a little to a lot more or may ask for less and will pay better. In the end it is your final decision. My suggestion, see what else is out there, go for the interviews, take the job offer if you feel right or turn it down if you don't. :) Hope this helps. Smile, you are so much prettier when you do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

leemarqett@aol.com in Savannah, Georgia

42 months ago

Athena in Irving, Texas said: I have been in a leasing position for a year now. I make $11 an hour and my concern is that after a year that I should be able to make more. If I get a raise at all it will be 3%. I am the first one there and the last to leave everyday and have put so much of myself into this job. I feel, at this point, I am being taken advantage of. What do you think?
Hello Athena. I agree with you completely !! I have been a leasing consultant for 14 months and you make 50cents more per hour than I do.Too much work,too little money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Murrieta, California

40 months ago

My advise to you would be to investigate what other companies are paying in your area. In most cases what matters the most is whether you are working in an A+ or B, C property. Also, the amount of units in the property matters too. Typically, newer luxury properties is where the real money is. Lease ups are great about commissions as well. In my opinion, you are not being taking advantage of... Properties have a budget and management is simply following it. However, you can ask for more money and better commissions. Ask your manager what you need to accomplish in order to make more income. It costs a great deal to hire new people and if you are doing a great job let them know. (They know this, but sometimes you have to toot your own horn) Finally, look into acquiring your NALP through the Apartment Association. You may also look into the ARM designation through IREM. If you are serious about making money and you like property managent, sky is the limit! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gloria in Delray Beach, Florida

33 months ago

Interview? Raises? I can't even get an interview and I have a real estate license, experience with leasing and HAVE A COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION MANAGERS LICENSE as well as a leasing professional designation an CANNOT GET ONE CALL FOR A LEASING INTERVIEW. Is a licensed real estate agent taboo in the leasing industry. I also have a management background.

JennyD in North Palm Beach, Florida

7 months ago

gloria in Delray Beach, Florida said: Interview? Raises? I can't even get an interview and I have a real estate license, experience with leasing and HAVE A COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION MANAGERS LICENSE as well as a leasing professional designation an CANNOT GET ONE CALL FOR A LEASING INTERVIEW. Is a licensed real estate agent taboo in the leasing industry. I also have a management background.

You're overqualified. The leasing consultants here are being paid $10-11.00 per hour. With your credentials an employer might think you wouldn't accept the going rate or you'd leave soon.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.