Leasing Consultant/ Day

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Ronald in Fort Washington, Maryland

35 months ago

Can someone take me through a day as a Leasing Consultant. I need important details so i don't screw up this interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Virgin Rocks in West Palm Beach, Florida

35 months ago

I leased apartments for 2 years I am going to pull from my resume what I did k!

Responsibilities were for property marketing and conducting tours
for prospective residents, overseeing lease negotiations and renewals
and performing general administrative duties.

Managed resident services and events, designed and staged rental
properties and ensured compliance with state and company regulations
and policies.

Ensured a diverse and inclusive environment, anticipated and
resolved issues and concerns, and utilized superior interpersonal
skills to consistently exceed established company performance goals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul Lake in Fort Washington, Maryland

35 months ago

Thanks a lot. That helps but i mean like what do you do when you clock in until you clock out. I have a good feeling that this question will be asked and i don't to look stuck when it is...you know

35 months ago

You answer phones on inquires from potential residents in which you try to sell and peak there interest over the phone of the property you work at...you also will receive calls daily from residents asking questions or wanting to report maintenance issue(every once and a while depending on the shape of the property) and you have to document it in the computer system.

You also greet walk ins(prospective residents or current residents)If it is a potential resident you tell them about what your property has to offer its amenties and you take them on a tour of the community and to a vacant or mini modeled apartment and show its floor plan.This when you are trying to make your commission so make it count everyone has their on approach.Before you show the apartment I use to ask what are the 3 main things you are looking for in an apartment then start a conversation and listen for key things if they have a family,or if they are a college student. Think about the selling points of the apartment hence does it have lots of cabinets,plenty of space,can it fit a sectional sofa in the living room?,can the bedroom fit a king size bed?,is the apartment completely electrical?,and is there storage etc...

Depending on the community you will either showcase apartments as the open "DAILY" that will just be empty vacant units or you will show apartments that have been modeled and have things in them already...you may have to model(setup)apartments yourself to show!

You will also market when your not getting enough traffic(people)coming in to look at and hopefully buy apartments.

Once you start to lease apartments(have qualified residents that can pay 3 times the rent,pass criminal and credit background) you will do a file for each resident and ask for specific documentation(copy of licence,paystub,and print lease for them to sign when they move,oh you will set up a move in date and put a reminder in computer or on calender

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul Lake in Fort Washington, Maryland

35 months ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Exactly what i needed

35 months ago

On a daily bases you also try to make sure your current residents are happy and satisfied to make sure they renew their lease and you get commission of that as well.

Your main focus in the office is to lease apartments and keep current residents happy and file paperwork and assist management in between sometimes.

This is pretty much a self starter position they give you the fundamentals and you make of it what you want. Leasing is selling and a numbers game cause there is a quota to meet so to speak you want your property to stay at 90% occupancy or higher under and management may start to get on you or you will notice visits from the higher ups more. This can be a fun job but you need to constantly perform.You may be micro managed it depends though not every property is the same.

You will also have days where you will leave the property and take flyers etc to to destinations (schools,restaurants etc) to drum up business get more prospects in so you can sell more apartments.

You will also go out of town on occassion not often to vamp up your leasing skills and get techniques on how to lease apartments better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Tips to help you land this job:Learn about the company who the president is when the company was founded learn enough not a whole lot...also learn about your property go on the site of where it is you are to work and learn the amenities the apartment community has and what they are near such as schools,shopping area etc. Know the size of the floor plans of the apartments and remember focal points that would make a person what to lease the apartment(cabinet space,if washer and dryer in it or washer dryer connection,closet space,spacious apartment in general,patio,storage space,total electrical,trash disposal etc)think on what will draw in and close the deal:)**YOU MAY BE ASKED TO SHOW AN APARTMENT THATS WHY I SAY LEARN THIS TOO:) GODS BLESSINGS YOUR WAY:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.