employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

mrs. p in Detroit, Michigan

95 months ago

If you are stressing your interest and have the skills for an Apartment leasing Agent. Why is it so hard to get the call back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

joyce hargrove in Houston, Texas

88 months ago

I want to be an apartment leasing agent, one that works on the apartment grounds, but dont know how to get papers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ms. N in Bristow, Virginia

80 months ago

I'm a stay home mom and I'm ready to go back to work. I would like to find out how I can get my foot in the door for leasing consultant in apartments. I've tried to do as much research as I can and I'm still not getting close. If someone have any suggestions, please let me know. I wanted to look into getting certified but don't know where to look.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sana in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Ms. N in Bristow, Virginia said: I'm a stay home mom and I'm ready to go back to work. I would like to find out how I can get my foot in the door for leasing consultant in apartments. I've tried to do as much research as I can and I'm still not getting close. If someone have any suggestions, please let me know. I wanted to look into getting certified but don't know where to look.

Thank you

Look for a National Apartment Leasing Professional course in your area..once you get started on that you will have to work for six months in that field to get certified but it does sound great when you go in for an interview and tell the employer you have already started the course and finished most of the modules

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patty in Scottsdale, Arizona

62 months ago

I have experience in leasing apartments, and I have sent my reume in and didn't get a call back. What are they looking for/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

patti in Scottsdale, Arizona

61 months ago

mrs. p in Detroit, Michigan said: If you are stressing your interest and have the skills for an Apartment leasing Agent. Why is it so hard to get the call back

They look at so many resumes, they say. I have experience and I am wondering the same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Annonymous in Redmond, Washington

48 months ago

This business can be tricky, in the sense that it is based 90% on personal compatibility with the rest of the staff. Success or failure depends on preventing a personality clash. I was in the industry for 5 years, and saw a lot of great people lose their jobs or not get hired because of "compatibility reasons", even if they were stellar and superbly qualified. Property Management is not like other industries because of the small office environment and cushy work flow. Things that would never be an issue in other industries are make-or-break situations here. Plus, the staff can be even more cut-throat if they live on-site. I'm not trying to sound negative, these are things I wish someone had told me when I first started years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

elaine in Memphis, Tennessee

46 months ago

Sometimes the problems is with the company you work for....

46 months ago

Annonymous in Redmond, Washington said: This business can be tricky, in the sense that it is based 90% on personal compatibility with the rest of the staff. Success or failure depends on preventing a personality clash. I was in the industry for 5 years, and saw a lot of great people lose their jobs or not get hired because of "compatibility reasons", even if they were stellar and superbly qualified. Property Management is not like other industries because of the small office environment and cushy work flow. Things that would never be an issue in other industries are make-or-break situations here. Plus, the staff can be even more cut-throat if they live on-site. I'm not trying to sound negative, these are things I wish someone had told me when I first started years ago.

sometimes it the company you work for...

46 months ago

patti in Scottsdale, Arizona said: They look at so many resumes, they say. I have experience and I am wondering the same thing.

If you have a lot of knowledge about this company really don't want to pay you..
for the skills you have.... and if yo have been in this line of work for a while
you have something that they need that call experience....

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.