leasing consultant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

sandra porter in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

HOW DO I GET STARTED IN THIS JOB AND IS THERE AN ON LINE COURSE I CAN TAKE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sana in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

Look into the 'National Apartment Leasing Professional' course, unfortunately I think you may have to attend some classes so it may not be possible to complete this course online..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Felicia in San Bernardino, California

75 months ago

I have 6 years of leasing experience. I have done payroll and tookin rents on time every month. I stive for excellence in everything I do. Highly movtived,dependable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Irene Miranda in San Antonio, Texas

73 months ago

I applied at one of your properties in San Antonio, Texas and would like know the status. You can contact me at (210) 707-5904.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CHRIS PETTY in Battle Creek, Michigan

73 months ago

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BECOME A LEASING CONSULTANT. ARE THERE CLASSES ON LINE OR CAN I DO THIS AT MY LOCAL COLLEGE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Serenity in Anonymous Proxy

73 months ago

Go online and look for staffing agency that specialize in Leasing Consultants. Believe me, you don't need to go to any local college, save your money and time(smile). Normally,the agency provides a one day class and teaches you basic skills, provides handouts as it pertains to office procedures, what to say and what not to say. It is a very easy low paying job,long hours, weekends required especially if you are a permanent employee.They say "customer service" is required, however; most permanent employees are overworked,underpaid,disgruntled and the "so-called" managers are frazzled,stressed out and seemed to be trapped due to discounted rent. Most start at $9.00 an hour without experience. With experience $10.00-$12.00 maybe and thats with 3-4 years of experience. The upside with an agency is that you can get your feet wet without a big commitment. The downside lack of commission and you float from office to office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerilynn in Nashville, Tennessee

72 months ago

CHRIS PETTY in Battle Creek, Michigan said: I WANT TO KNOW WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BECOME A LEASING CONSULTANT. ARE THERE CLASSES ON LINE OR CAN I DO THIS AT MY LOCAL COLLEGE?

No, there are no classes. I have been in Leasing/Property Management for about 12 years now.
There are some on line classes that you can take, I think it's www.gracehill.com Everything you need to learn should be there. You really have to be a people person! I have heard so many sob stories and people's problems over the years, you have to listen at times and be a good listener! I took a really "bad" property and cleaned it up! The rents were not coming in, the property looked bad, i had some bad residents, now the property is beautiful and in July, ALl rents were collected by July 15th. You can do it! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stressed out in Sumner, Georgia

71 months ago

How do you lease apartments that are infested with roaches,no upgrades.Yet your RM want you to be at 90%.My prpoerty has been at 85% for almost a year the people that move in only make up for the people that move out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stevvenspms in Port Charlotte, Florida

51 months ago

I recently completed a course through the LANDLORD ACADEMY, in Sarasota, Florida. It is offered around Florida and various other areas. This course will cover a variety of material to do with leasing and managing property. There is another course at the higher level, to prepare you even further. Google the Landlord Academy to learn more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.