Health and safety issue in a libray

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Just Me in Leicester, United Kingdom

88 months ago

Hello,
Can anyone tell about the health and safety in a library?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

SoDa in Honolulu, Hawaii

86 months ago

www.bls.gov/oco/ocos147.htm

The "work environment" section should tell you everything you need to know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ted collins in Indianapolis, Indiana

69 months ago

Well there is always the occasional paper cut associated with books(all joking aside) there are many things to be cautious of in the library environmet. Always be on the lookout for book bags on the floor: major tripping hazard. my time at cathedral high school(indianapolis) we saw alot ofthis. be sure to encourage the students to keep their parafernalia under their work areas and away from crucial walking paths. also beverages should never be permitted in the library because of electric shock hazard, unless of course they have some sort of medical condition that causes them to need constant hydration: in this case the student or students should only hydrate under strict supervision. it is of up most importance to follow capacity regulations set up by your local fire dept. because if it is overcrowded it is a potential massacre. people triping, spilling drinks, miss using the internet, these things are bound to happen. i suggest plotting out your course of action the night before. the most important thing to remember is to create an informative environment that is also fun(in a responsible way) i hope this has been helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

jteam in Gardner, Kansas

69 months ago

ted collins in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Well there is always the occasional paper cut associated with books(all joking aside) there are many things to be cautious of in the library environmet. Always be on the lookout for book bags on the floor: major tripping hazard. my time at cathedral high school(indianapolis) we saw alot ofthis. be sure to encourage the students to keep their parafernalia under their work areas and away from crucial walking paths. also beverages should never be permitted in the library because of electric shock hazard, unless of course they have some sort of medical condition that causes them to need constant hydration: in this case the student or students should only hydrate under strict supervision. it is of up most importance to follow capacity regulations set up by your local fire dept. because if it is overcrowded it is a potential massacre. people triping, spilling drinks, miss using the internet, these things are bound to happen. i suggest plotting out your course of action the night before. the most important thing to remember is to create an informative environment that is also fun(in a responsible way) i hope this has been helpful.

"A person must have a strong will to provide health and safety for a libary, there are many risk factors."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jteam in Gardner, Kansas

69 months ago

j.bird.222@hotmail.com or laughlin111@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.