Rad Tech going to MRI School. HELP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

radtechmri in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

Okay so we all know about these MRI Schools like loma linda. They are not ARRT certified but are ARMRIT certified. Now If im a Radiology Tech and I go this school I can still take my ARRT in MRI based on my externship experiance right??? I believe its call post-primary experiance from ARRT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim789 in Anonymous Proxy

52 months ago

radtechmri in Los Angeles, California said: Okay so we all know about these MRI Schools like loma linda. They are not ARRT certified but are ARMRIT certified. Now If im a Radiology Tech and I go this school I can still take my ARRT in MRI based on my externship experiance right??? I believe its call post-primary experiance from ARRT.

As far as I know the answer is no. You cannot go directly from being armrit certified and then get an ARRT certification for MRI. That was the whole reason that I went to x-ray school (so that I would be eligible to be an ARRT registered MRI tech.)

Currently the ARRT has a primary method (where you don't have to become certified in another modality) and a post primary method (where you first have to become certified in some other modality like x-ray first. Your best bet is read the information on www.arrt.org and give the ARRT a call to clarify if you have any questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Danderson in Modesto, California

52 months ago

If you have a primary ARRT cert (i.e. RT,NM,US etc..) you can sit for you secondary cert in MRI with experience only. Find a facility like a RADNET site willing to train. ARMRIT cert will do nothing for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.