Are machine operator job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most machine operator opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Cleveland, Ohio

91 months ago

I live on the west side of cleveland. A lot of machining work has gone to China and there seems no end to that. On the other hand employers have a hard time finding skilled operators.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Elyria, Ohio

90 months ago

What I wonder is just how skilled are these chinese workers? I can't believe, with us americans machining for years, that american businesses think we are not skilled anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ROBERT in Bellingham, Massachusetts

62 months ago

WELL ITS NOT ABOUT SKILLED OPERATORS ITS ABOUT MONEY POLITICS AND THE CEO OF THESE COMPANIES
CHEAPER LABOR THEM TAKING OUR MONEY AND WHO IS GONNA PAY FOR THIS MESS OUR KIDS CHILDREN
AND THEIR CHILDREN "WE THE PEOPLE" NO WE THE TAX PAYERS WHER IS ARE STIMULOUS MONEY THEY
TOOK AND RAN WITH I AM LAIDOFF AND IT MAKES ME SICK WHATS GOING ON AND THE PEOPLE THAT ARE
LAIDOFF SHOULD STICK UP THEMSELVES AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

William in Colon, Michigan

59 months ago

We the working class have been sold out in Washington. Four plant closings and now the only employment I can find is part time at Walmart......This is what I served four years in the army for???? Until we can replace the dem and rep parties we are doomed to become working poor. No more living wages. Worst of all is the future of our sons and daughters and grand babies. Free Trade...gotta love it.

djlightner in Portland, Oregon

58 months ago

Like alot of us I was Laidoff. Still am. What worries me is that I used to be able to go to a Temp. Agency and at least get some assignments,and/or hired thru them or on my own.
Now the best an agency can do is a minmum wage doing assembly and pkging!! This from 15.00 hr!! As the economy fell prices on everything goes UP! and wages drop WAYYYY down!!!!
Instead of tax breaks for sending work overseas they should put a high tax on sending work overseas and a high tax for shipping it back to the USA!!!
Thank you goverment and thank you to all the Companies that have sent work overseas!!

Really in Longview, Texas

44 months ago

djlightner you need to think the selfish CEOs for not wanting a cut in profit. Remember, they can't feed their families on their multi-million dollar salaries..

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.