Salary for a Mail Clerk

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Hector in Brooklyn, NY

98 months ago

I beleive that a company should pay more to a mail clerk especially if he/she has alot of experience in the field. Alot of companies tend to forget that the mailroom is an important area for them, with out the mailroom or clerk's they would have to asort and deliver their own mail plus ship their packages to every where in the country. Companies take the mailroom and their clerk's for granted, no bonuses, have to wait a long period of time for a pay increase. Plus when something goes wrong who's the first one they blame is the mailroom or clerk. I believe that companies should start a mail clerk with at least $35K when hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in New York, New York

97 months ago

Working in Offices Services is one thing but to ask mailroom clerks to clean up conference rooms, spilled coffee and change light bulbs is a bit insulting. A lot of these positions are back braking work. Some places don't even want you to sit down. That means standing on your feet all day long. They make it so your entire working life is devoted to the mailroom. Many places see mailroom employees as just that, mostly minorities acting as maids and butlers for highly paid executives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rosa in San Francisco, California

76 months ago

Hector in Brooklyn, NY said: I beleive that a company should pay more to a mail clerk especially if he/she has alot of experience in the field. Alot of companies tend to forget that the mailroom is an important area for them, with out the mailroom or clerk's they would have to asort and deliver their own mail plus ship their packages to every where in the country. Companies take the mailroom and their clerk's for granted, no bonuses, have to wait a long period of time for a pay increase. Plus when something goes wrong who's the first one they blame is the mailroom or clerk. I believe that companies should start a mail clerk with at least $35K when hired.

Yes you are correct. I work for four years as a mail clerk. I was the team leader and I used to get blamed for a lot of mistakes the employees did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rosa in San Francisco, California

76 months ago

Well as a four year experience team leader mail room clerk. I had a lot of good and bad experience. I do believe a mail room clerk have a lot of work to do besides delivering mail. Conference work, creating mail slots, picking up junk from the mail rooms. and most in deed doing moves carrying
heavy crates. The worst experience was I had a golf car accident ended up in the hospital my arm still hurts and it's been 2 years ago. I still work in those conditions because of my low income. I was scared to lose my job I needs money. Worst of every mail clerk that came in new was making more money than me. I even trained my managers how sad is'nt it. I started at 11.50 an hour and for those four years I made 12.08 an hour no promotions or anything. Worst of all the sight manager left like a coward and we lost our contract here I am at home unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sailing in killen, Alabama

76 months ago

I no longer need a job in Tenn I need a job inLauderdale, limestone,lawarnce, county

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.