Times are tight

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Ty in Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona

45 months ago

Mike- There's no luck to be had in Michigan bro. Time to re-locate. As long as you can pass a current drug-test and you have the skills, it seems like you should be able to get on somewhere. I suspect that the problem is that you need to go where the pastures are greener and there arent 500 applicants for every job. You might as well stick a fork in the industrial midwest because it's done due to macro-economic trends beyond your control and thanks to our idiotic political leadership over the last 25 years basically ripping the primary economic guts out of the heartland. Places like Texas, the deep south, and the Great Plains are already pretty much done with the recession and are hiring again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Conrad in Southwest Brevard Cnty, Florida

35 months ago

Don't bother w/PA - the MOST unforgiving state in the union! FL isn't a good place either. Out of work over 3 yrs due to layoff and like you, only one offer taken back when background ck was done - even though they knew up front. pitiful.

Mike Bell in Portage, Michigan said: Is anybody else having trouble finding a job because of past criminal records or due to being fire in the past? I have been unemployed for nearly 2 years; having about 8 interviews with one offer that was later denied because of a background check. I feel discriminated against because of a relatively minor marijuana offense 15 years ago. I know the market is very tight, but it seems that nobody is willing to at least give a guy a chance to prove himself. Is it like this elsewhere because i am ready to re-locate for a decent opportunity.

bill.ashley87@yahoo.com in Thackerville, Oklahoma

35 months ago

well,guess what your not alone on background check.me and my friend have lost our jobs in 12/2011.and going though the same thing that you are.once branded always the same nation wide.my heart goes to everyone like us all we can do is pray about it.i wish you well sir.

CHARLESFRED in Phoenix, Arizona

15 months ago

Mike Bell in Portage, Michigan said: Is anybody else having trouble finding a job because of past criminal records or due to being fire in the past? I have been unemployed for nearly 2 years; having about 8 interviews with one offer that was later denied because of a background check. I feel discriminated against because of a relatively minor marijuana offense 15 years ago. I know the market is very tight, but it seems that nobody is willing to at least give a guy a chance to prove himself. Is it like this elsewhere because i am ready to re-locate for a decent opportunity.

I HAVE BEEN UNEMPLOYED FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS THE ONLY POSITION I WAS ABLE TO GET WAS A VOLUNTEER POSITION WITH A FAMILY RUN BUSINESS THAT IS NO LONGER WORKING ANYMORE.NO BODY WILL GIVE ME A CHANCEE TO GET A JOB AND I HAVE MANY DIFFERENT QUALIFICATIONS BUT NO ONE HIRING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.