What do you enjoy most about your maintenance technician career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a maintenance technician? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

michael j gappa in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

86 months ago

I love to repair Machines and buildings, it makes people
happy and their job easier

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

whiteb55 in Valdosta, Georgia

84 months ago

I enjoy making and keeping things workiing and the variety of work manufacturing parts, repairing parts and the challenge of learning a piece of equipment to troubleshoot skillfully.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ty in Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona

44 months ago

Like: the variety. Something new breaks each and every day for me to fix.

Dislike: the pager.

What keeps me at it.... well, i suppose I have built up my skills to the point where i am near the top of the wage scale for an apt maintenance tech- 17.00/hr. ( started at 8.00/hr 13 years ago. I would maybe like to start over at something else, but I can't afford to start over in another feild at the bottom again. Besides.... in this economy, if you have a job, you have to keep it. It's not like the good old days when you could quit on a whim because someting or someone was annoying you, and you could reliably have another job for the same or more money a week later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MINH DANG in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

40 months ago

I HAVE THE SAME YOUR COMMENT...TO DISLIKE IT .BECAUSE IT PAGER I LOST OF MY JOB 18/H AND THIS WAGE SCALE IT'S EVER NOT SEE AGAIN . IT TOO BAD TO HAPPEN. MARKET TODAY MAINT-TECH WAGE DROP TO 10 OR 13/H ALL GENERAL WORK PLUS PAGER 24/H 7 DAY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.