warehouse maint technicin and constuction

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

John Mastin in Antelope, California

67 months ago

I do apt maintenance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Richard.Plumadore@yahoo.com in Manchester, Connecticut

66 months ago

I kave previous knowledge of injectionmolding at a plastic factory and would be very interested in doing that again I can be reached at the following so please notify me a.s.a.p Thank you I am also looking to make at least 200.00 a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard.Plumadore@yahoo.com in Manchester, Connecticut

66 months ago

I find that this web sight is very helpful and informative and will continue to use it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kirk in Detroit, Michigan

63 months ago

Job Security is a thing of the past.
If you don't beleive me, I'll let you know now, that as an Industrial Maintence Technician, I was just let go from a Solar Panel Mfg. Plant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Real Tech in Willis, Texas

63 months ago

I have seen these jobs listed recently in the Houston area. It looks like one of the type that have some demand still.

David Stokes in Fort Worth, Texas

61 months ago

Real Tech in Willis, Texas said: I have seen these jobs listed recently in the Houston area. It looks like one of the type that have some demand still.

Hello maintenance guru's.Can anyone enlighten me on why I am having a hard time finding a job as an Industrial Maintenance Technician in DFW Texas of all places where industry is pretty healthy. I have been here less than a month and I have applied for like every suitable job on ALL the websites as soon as they post. Even the so called "Veterans Only" jobs on the state employment site. Im beginning to realize that alot of them are posted by temps and is not a surprise that I have no luck with them. Well here are a few of my qualifications:

1) I recently graduated with a COLLEGE DIPLOMA for GOD's SAKE in Industrial Maintenance Technology from a community college and I am for damn sure alot of the technicians especially the old guys out here never had college. A college diploma is the same amount of credit hours as an Associates Degree.

2) Army Veteran 8yrs.

The only thing working against me is my lack of on the job experience. But I had to ajust my resume accordingly and thats all I will say about that. I feel I obtained state of the art hands on training in college to be a qualified technician as well as engineering level study of the technology.

Any of you old technicians who are lucky to have their foot in the door please reply because I am highly frustrated and I do have student loans to be paid back for actually going to college

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MaintenanceGuru in Wyandotte, Michigan

60 months ago

There is still quite a demand for those of us in the trades (maintenance professionals). Unfortunately as the need for steady employment consistently increases, the pay for highly skilled labor decreases.

Many employers and potential employers post jobs that have historically paid a wage high enough to pay the bills and eat also have lowered the wage to an amount at or below the poverty level. Many of these "career opportunities" require the certifications, the years of experience, the formal training and licenses but offer a wage of "10.00" per hour. An amount obviously below what unemployment in most cases would pay.

I for one am working towards becoming self employed in hopes of at least providing shelter for my family of 4 and being able to eat at least one square meal a day. Good luck to all. Continue to work hard and secure as many certifications and licenses as time and resources will allow. And shame on those predator employers out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mycolsaders@yahoo.com in Overland Park, Kansas

57 months ago

I have been looking for work in the plastics industry. I am sipa certified.I also have experience in Injection Molding, And stretch blow molding. I have been out of work. for 8 months. But despretly need to get back in the game. Michael Sanders.

Joseph.Marley@na.manpower.com in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

54 months ago

I am located in northern New Jersey and am seeking a Electrical Maintenance Engineer for a Production facility.... Can anyone help?
Joseph.Marley@na.manpower.com

elnoorelkhier in Sudan

49 months ago

ihave been looking forwork in electrical company.Ihave one year and ihave 3month period training inmaintanince and operation in national electricity corporation.

montezz_99@yahoo.com in Albany, Georgia

38 months ago

David Stokes in Fort Worth, Texas said: Hello maintenance guru's.Can anyone enlighten me on why I am having a hard time finding a job as an Industrial Maintenance Technician in DFW Texas of all places where industry is pretty healthy. I have been here less than a month and I have applied for like every suitable job on ALL the websites as soon as they post. Even the so called "Veterans Only" jobs on the state employment site. Im beginning to realize that alot of them are posted by temps and is not a surprise that I have no luck with them. Well here are a few of my qualifications:

1) I recently graduated with a COLLEGE DIPLOMA for GOD's SAKE in Industrial Maintenance Technology from a community college and I am for damn sure alot of the technicians especially the old guys out here never had college. A college diploma is the same amount of credit hours as an Associates Degree.

2) Army Veteran 8yrs.

The only thing working against me is my lack of on the job experience. But I had to ajust my resume accordingly and thats all I will say about that. I feel I obtained state of the art hands on training in college to be a qualified technician as well as engineering level study of the technology.

Any of you old technicians who are lucky to have their foot in the door please reply because I am highly frustrated and I do have student loans to be paid back for actually going to college

keep at it, what your dealing with is a small group in a technical field its not like you beinig a regular factory worker, in the maintenance field the group choosen from is smaller and takes longer to choose from as we need to view skills, lets just say if you were a operator and there are 6 million operators you compete with 6 million for one job, maintenance is different theres only 600 of us looking for 1 job opening, so companies tend to look hareder and take more time in choosing.

SS216 in Stephenville, Texas

38 months ago

montezz_99@yahoo.com in Albany, Georgia said: keep at it, what your dealing with is a small group in a technical field its not like you beinig a regular factory worker, in the maintenance field the group choosen from is smaller and takes longer to choose from as we need to view skills, lets just say if you were a operator and there are 6 million operators you compete with 6 million for one job, maintenance is different theres only 600 of us looking for 1 job opening, so companies tend to look hareder and take more time in choosing.

I agree with Montezz_99. I have worked as a multicraft tech and now as a maintenance supervisor I am in desperate need of 5 CNC maintenance technicians. I have been looking for sometime and have yet to find anyone that can answer some basic technical questions correctly. I have interviewed several candidates that have a long history performing maintenance however the demonstrated skill level leaves something to be desired. I have noticed several "maintenance men" cannot even read a schematic or identify parts in a technical manual. Many dont even bother doing their homework before an interview. You're goijng in to sell your skills make sure you showcase them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sv in Gallant, Alabama

37 months ago

David Stokes in Fort Worth, Texas said: Hello maintenance guru's.Can anyone enlighten me on why I am having a hard time finding a job as an Industrial Maintenance Technician in DFW Texas of all places where industry is pretty healthy. I have been here less than a month and I have applied for like every suitable job on ALL the websites as soon as they post. Even the so called "Veterans Only" jobs on the state employment site. Im beginning to realize that alot of them are posted by temps and is not a surprise that I have no luck with them. Well here are a few of my qualifications:

2) Army Veteran 8yrs.

IT MIGHT BE YOUR ATTITUDE - PLEASE CLEAN UP LANGUAGE AND DONT BE SO FRUSTRATED AS THIS IS NOT ATTRACTIVE TO FUTURE EMPLOYERS

HR in Portland, Oregon

35 months ago

We have an open position for an industrial maintenance technician. Email your resume to jobs@evergreenplastic.com. Indicate subject line as maintenance/mechanic technician
www.evergreenplastic.com

Melchor Garcia in Rincon, Georgia

32 months ago

I am located near Rincon,Ga.looking for work as a Pipefitter/Plumber not residential.I have 20+ yrs. experience in piping.I have been working in local Paper Mill with company that has a maintenance contract there.Looking for some thing close to home. Thank-you and good luck to all

shandary in Los Angeles, California

31 months ago

jobs maintenance

gelliott2003@gmail.com in Atlanta, Georgia

2 months ago

My friend don't give up hope I have just recently found a job at an Apartment maintenance tech job, we have to look at jobs that may not be so desirable at this time, build your network thru indeed, and linkedin some one is going to call you you just have to remain positive. I was starting myself was it even worth it to go to college for a period of time your skills are in high demand, go a lot further then then newspaper and the computer who knows the next job may be around the corner. Don't quit keep your mind clear and focus on your craft Peace and Blessings.

2) Army Veteran 8yrs.

Any of you old technicians who are lucky to have their foot in the door please reply because I am highly frustrated and I do have student loans to be paid back for actually going to college[/Q

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.