manager want to drop down my h/ wage rate and teminated employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

minh dang in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

62 months ago

hi, to all apt maintenance worker if u guy can help on my toic , i appreciate .I worked more than 3 1/2 years adcock apt complex , biloxi.ms a bad day morning come to me wed-14-09 the manager call me to her office and said they have no complaint or question on my job perfom during my employment but now they want to drop down my wagw rate/h.with a chose if I am not accept this offer . I terminate my employment immedaitely . i need you guy opinion on this scase . please help thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Eric Smithson in Kerrville, Texas

62 months ago

minh dang in Ocean Springs, Mississippi said: hi, to all apt maintenance worker if u guy can help on my toic , i appreciate .I worked more than 3 1/2 years adcock apt complex , biloxi.ms a bad day morning come to me wed-14-09 the manager call me to her office and said they have no complaint or question on my job perfom during my employment but now they want to drop down my wagw rate/h.with a chose if I am not accept this offer . I terminate my employment immedaitely . i need you guy opinion on this scase . please help thanks

If your working for a right to hire or right to fire company, there's not much you can do. I might start looking for a better position somewhere else, but don't quit that job before you find another, times are hard uot there. You might want to check with unemployment, to see what your options are if, you don't take the pay cut.

Good Luck and God Bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

minh dang in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

62 months ago

Eric Smithson in Kerrville, Texas said: If your working for a right to hire or right to fire company, there's not much you can do. I might start looking for a better position somewhere else, but don't quit that job before you find another, times are hard uot there. You might want to check with unemployment, to see what your options are if, you don't take the pay cut.

Good Luck and God Bless

THANKS VERY MUCH ERIC YOU ARE THE BEST ADVISE . BUT YOU KNOWN WHAT HAPPEN THAT DAY AT CONFERENCE WITH THE BIT AND BOSS , THEY HAD NO CHOSE FOR YOU ( 1) ACCEPT PAY CUT OR (2) NO ACCET, MUST RETURN THIER KEY IMMEDATERLY , IT MEAN TERMINAL JOB. AFTER THAT I WENT TO WIN JOB UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE THEY CONTACT THEM THEY SAID TO UNEPLOYMENT OFFICE I WAS VOLUMTANITY LEFT BECAUSE THE WORK ASSIGMENT .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jonscot in Beachwood, Ohio

59 months ago

I they have no problem with performance keep the job take the pay cut but ask for a letter of reference if they like your work let them write it on paper. they apartment companies are not get the rent that they should people late with the rent 5 to 6 people in a two bedroom apartment and a lot of apartments not being rented.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bobbygoforth@yahoo.com in Sadieville, Kentucky

59 months ago

minh dang in Ocean Springs, Mississippi said: hi, to all apt maintenance worker if u guy can help on my toic , i appreciate .I worked more than 3 1/2 years adcock apt complex , biloxi.ms a bad day morning come to me wed-14-09 the manager call me to her office and said they have no complaint or question on my job perfom during my employment but now they want to drop down my wagw rate/h.with a chose if I am not accept this offer . I terminate my employment immedaitely . i need you guy opinion on this scase . please help thanks

look all of us maintenance men need to start a union that way all these management companys can not make so much money off of us. they use us and abuse us. work our butts off.and they say we will give you a free apartment then they don't want to pay overtime. i have been a maintenance for over 20yrs so im telling you guys don't lay your loyalties down for no management company.

bobbygoforth@yahoo.com in Sadieville, Kentucky

59 months ago

how about all of us say oh i don't know how to fix that a/c and let them call a hvac contractor. if we did that they would appreciate us more. and guys i work for the same management company for 15yrs. and got laid off. and now i have my hvac contractor license so i know how much we save them.

Maintenancemark in Vancouver, Washington

57 months ago

Talk to the rest of the tech's in your shop. Let them know what is happening to you and tell them you overheard the Mgmnt say their next. Then look in the phone book and find the nearest Laborer's Union office and tell them you would like a Union Rep to come and talk to the guys. If the Management thinks their whole shop is going to go Union (its your legal right) they might think twice about cutting the already meager wage of their Tech's.
Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

herbiederbie in Long Beach, California

56 months ago

Did I hear someone say Union ? Yeah I've been thinking about that.
There's lots things about apt. maintenance that would make it a good idea. For starters, a min. wage that reflects the amount of responsibility a management co. places upon us (I say 15/hr. 14/hr maybe) . After all we could ruin them with just one slip of the wrench or one slip of the tongue. A union would scare some landlords into approaching out of work tenants to get things done probably. But that shouldn't worry us.

maintenancecarlos in Tampa, Florida

56 months ago

That sounds great to start a maintenanace union to cover all of use from the abouse from the property management, but if you bring this up to your co-workers they could agree or dis-agree and turn you in to the property management and then you lose your (hes get fired) I wish we can start one in florida but this is a (right to hire ,right to fire state). With on question ask with job preformes good or bad. Florida sucks in that part. But if you guys start one up for the hole USA i will join ASAP.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.