What do you enjoy most about your Manager career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a Manager? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Jackie Mc in Westbury, New York

50 months ago

Obviously working with people is a big plus; but being able to mentor and assist people toward their goals is great too. I like the fact that the skill sets required to be a competent or great manager is transferable to many industries; after all, managing means to manage people.

There is nothing about managing that I don't like.

Challenging –yes, especially when you move to a new industry or company. Relationship building skills will help you in this regard.

I don't believe opportunities necessarily come to you. Reach out for the job no one wants. Let your superiors know where you want to go and what you're willing to do.

Take on challenges. Very early in my first career I was tagged as the 'go to' person because I reached out to everyone, spoke to everyone, learned from everyone, and I identified opportunities where I could strut my stuff. This lead to several new initiatives.

I have had two wonderful careers in two different industries. People and the opportunities to learn and make a difference kept me there however, I am now looking for my next career move. I like meeting new challenges, learning, and of course meeting new people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.