Internationally Massage Qualifications

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 247)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Cora2 in Brisbane, Australia

75 months ago

Hello,

I've been doing massage for 3 years now - I'm from Australia... Is there anyone here that can tell me what I need to be able to practice massage Legally in another Country. For example, Canada, USA or the UK...

I just don't want to waste my time with more study, then travel and not be employable for it. I can legally live and work in the UK, so if it's better for my career, I can do more training there...

Some advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Cora

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Cora2 in Brisbane, Australia

75 months ago

SORRY, please ignore my 'very bad' grammar for the heading... Bad typo!! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Avvi in Branson, Missouri

74 months ago

Hi Cora!
I am a licensed massage therapist in the USA who learned massage at a school (Canterbury College of Natural Medicine) in New Zealand. The US has a national certification test that all therapists must pass to then be allowed to obtain a state license in the state they wish to practice massage. To qualify for the national exam you must meet the criteria they have agreed upon for education. If the school you went to is not in their list of qualified schools (mine was not) you must complete an extra process called an education review. I won't lie that it was quite a process to go through to get completely legal, but if you really want to work it, it can be managed. I can't remember the site off the top of my head but if you search US national massage certification it should get you right to the official government page. It should be fairly easy to follow once you get there!!
Hope this is helpful!
Cheers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

74 months ago

Did you look for places that give you licensing?

Much regards,
David
www.travellinesexpress.com
ebooks4life.blogspot.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Cora in Brisbane, Australia

74 months ago

Cheers Awi! I'll give that a go then... :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Tammy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Did you look for places that give you licensing?

Much regards,
David

Only in Australia David...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Avvi in Branson, Missouri said: Hi Cora!
I am a licensed massage therapist in the USA who learned massage at a school (Canterbury College of Natural Medicine) in New Zealand. The US has a national certification test that all therapists must pass to then be allowed to obtain a state license in the state they wish to practice massage. To qualify for the national exam you must meet the criteria they have agreed upon for education. If the school you went to is not in their list of qualified schools (mine was not) you must complete an extra process called an education review. I won't lie that it was quite a process to go through to get completely legal, but if you really want to work it, it can be managed. I can't remember the site off the top of my head but if you search US national massage certification it should get you right to the official government page. It should be fairly easy to follow once you get there!!
Hope this is helpful!
Cheers!

Thank you :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Midlothian, Virginia

73 months ago

I'm in the opposite position....I'm in the US and want to work overseas, preferably New Zealand or maybe Spain or Hungary. How hard is it for an American to uproot? Since the US is rather puritan and not exactly body confident, is it hard to switch over to Europe/the rest of the world?

Thanks!

Hope this is helpful!
Cheers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

emma in Ayia Napa, Cyprus

72 months ago

See above - I actually mean NVQ in Health and Beauty!oopps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Portland, Oregon

72 months ago

I am looking into moving to Sweden for a few years and can't find out what I need to do become licensed as a massage therapist there. I am already licensed in Washington & Oregon. Does anyone know of a website for Sweden?

Thanks for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Claudia Gutierrez in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

72 months ago

I would like to know what the qualifications are to do massage therapy in Turkey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Richmond, Virginia

72 months ago

If anyone has a resource for international opportunities, do please share...I was thinking maybe there are advertisements in various massage magazines...Im in the US, so if anyone lives in the UK or elsewhere, I figured you could reference some magazines/resources/websites/legit or accredited schools?

THANK YOU!!

Katie in Richmond, Virginia

72 months ago

Cora2 in Brisbane, Australia said: Hello,

I've been doing massage for 3 years now - I'm from Australia... Is there anyone here that can tell me what I need to be able to practice massage Legally in another Country. For example, Canada, USA or the UK...

I just don't want to waste my time with more study, then travel and not be employable for it. I can legally live and work in the UK, so if it's better for my career, I can do more training there...

Thanks,
Cora

I know the US has a state test you have to take to get certified on the federal level...and I think you need to have at least 500 hours of school/practical work.... but things vary state to state and even county to county...I'm sure there is a link...google national massage therapy council or something along those lines...

From the flip side, what's Australia's laws? Do you know anything about New Zealand...I'm in the process of getting my certification in the US and will fill you in on details...!!!

Thanks for the good karma...keep it passing!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

massage junky in Salt Lake City, Utah

71 months ago

I am a LMT in the USA and have done research into getting licensed oversees. I have found that many companies request a level 3 NQV. I will give you the websites that I have looked at to get some of my information. www.maa.org.au/, www.qca.org.uk/, Most of all I google what I am looking for and more often than not web page links will come up of exactly what you need. I hope this is helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

massage junky in Salt Lake City, Utah

71 months ago

oops I managed to type the same web address this is another one www.sqa.org.uk/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim

71 months ago

In OZ ther is no licensing- which equates to poor working conditions for massage therapists...currently there is a small effort to get regualted-haviang been in this business for over 20 years I can tell you if OZ takes as longas it has in the US to catch on- the you are looking at about 5 to ten to get regulations such that the sexual aspect starts to decrease. Also, it is harder to migrate and get a visa if you are a massage therapist going to OZ-you'd be better off if you were a chef- or a computer techee...if yo do get a spa job, make sure it isnt out i nthe middle of nowhere so you feel trapped with no where to go...also, living expense is high- pay is low-have a back up plan to earn a living there if you are going to plan on massage as your livlihood... g'day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim

71 months ago

please excuse typos...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Seattle, Washington

70 months ago

Rachel in Portland, Oregon said: I am looking into moving to Sweden for a few years and can't find out what I need to do become licensed as a massage therapist there. I am already licensed in Washington & Oregon. Does anyone know of a website for Sweden?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Rachel I am also in the process of moving to Sweden to practice massage and I'm also licensed in Washington. Were you able to find employment there? Any info you could give me would be wonderful!! Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

michael petryshyn in Rutherford, New Jersey

70 months ago

Hey Im a LMT in NYC also Hawaii Im really wanting to move to spain does anyone pleeeeeeeassssse have some info to help guide me to make this happen!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Thuy in Burlingame, California

70 months ago

Cora2 in Brisbane, Australia said: Hello,

Thanks,
Cora

You can get national exam when you pass you can work for resorts, most state does need license.

kim

70 months ago

g'Day!

You will need a National Massage License Certificate if you want to apply immediately to work; if you have that, you can apply for a license in the city you are living in immediately- you may have to take an City Ordinance test... you can get the info to study at a Gov't building in the city you land in...Each city and state have different requirements; However, a Business and Massage License is always necessary...If you ahve localelicense from where yo uare at- I suggest you figure out where you want to land; then search the internet for massage license and requirements in that city; find out how many educational hours are required in that city; supply them with your educatinal certificate; take the test, then you can work... a local massage school may hire you while yo u are gettng certified so you will not be out of work...good luck! pleaes excuse typos, I was in a hurry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tunde in Bergen, Norway

70 months ago

Hy,

I am having calificativ diploma also in therapeutikcal massage,and it internationally recognised,and I am searching for job in Norway or Sweeden.Is there anyoane that could help me vith it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

claire in Almería, Spain

69 months ago

I am English living in Spain and about to sit ITEC Diploma Massage via a private course run in English. It doesnt address the interesting spanish tax laws here but does allow licensing and insurance in Spain and I have be told Internationally. There is no set length of time once you get the exam, you can set up and practice straight away. I will run my business from the UK, coming here to offer massage in hotels for the summer holidays via the holiday companies and the tutor's private gym

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dina in Mount Shasta, California

69 months ago

Does anyone have an answer to what I would need to be able to legally set up
a massage practice in the U.K....I'm a massage practitioner in California now
and am continuing to my 500 hours to become a Therapist as California is looking
to pass a bill in Sept. 2009 that will state, 250 hrs for Practitioner, 500 hrs. for Therapist.

I've looked on sites for the U.K., even the immigration site as we'd like to buy land and eventually relocate to Scotland but I didn't see anything for this type of business! Are there specific hours required in Scotland or the U.K. in general to practice. Any info would be appreciated, it's been hard trying to find out so far! I do know that to set up your own business in the U.K. the immigration site says you must have the equivalent of $200,000.00 GBP in the bank, but that sounds like a store front business, certainly not needed to do massage out of a home~

thanks,
Dina L. Tikkanen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

claire in Almería, Spain

69 months ago

Hiya

I am presently taking the ITEC massage course as an expat in spain.

I have been told this is not suitable for america and would have to study further to practice there.

In truth, your country's relationship with the UK allows you to come and work with hardly any criteria. Americans are welcome, especially in Ireland.

If you are serious about emigrating, you should do so. Your own professional body will advise you on insurance needs abroad, so contact them. If you are not with a professional body, make sure you link up now, its vital in this type of work, anywhere in the world.

I return to the UK in July and will be looking to offer massage to offices and companies on site. Keep in contact with me from July 2009 and may I wish you every success.

May I also suggest you take a long holiday in England before deciding for sure. There is a real reason I am schooling my children in Spain, as the country has changed for the worse in my opinion. It is recovering though and the Britishness is returning (what that is exactly is anyones, guess!)

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kim

69 months ago

Claire- The UK, a most places, want you to show proof of income so you do not migrate there and become dependent o n their welfare/Dole system-For insistance, Australia has specific requirements to be able to migrate; Belize has specific requirements to migrate, one being what you mentioned in your post...I woudl cal lteh Bristish Association of Massag eTherapist. If it is like Australia-massage is a bit different there and you may not be able to live off your income as a therapist. You need to know if it is regulated also. Call a Spa i nEngland orScotland -that would be your best bet. Remember, the cost of living ther is higher than here- They ave been paying high gas prices for years...
good luck, kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

claire in Almería, Spain

69 months ago

The Uk is the most muliticultural island on the planet, I just wish they would enjoy being so...

The UK welcomes small businesses from around the world, each case being taken on individual merit. I employed many different nationalities when running my own business there and it is normal to live in a town with up to 22 different nationalities, all working and living through the generations.

ITEC is the recognised certification for europe. It offers insurance and registration and is a level 3 diploma costing around 1000 pounds and taking as little as 3 months. Most colleges then offer work placements. It maybe that you already have the level required, but the main thing is insurance and being willing to pay UK tax. That clinches the deal in most cases.

There is also a big difference between emigration and imigration, but this is a therapist chat line, so I wont bore you with the details. Dont listen to anyone, get onto a government website or your consulate in London, and look up the details ascertaining to your particular situation. But Skilled and ready to work is very much appreciated by the Uk, I can assure you.

I am afraid because it depends on so many personal things, it is one of those questions you are going to have to ask via the correct channels and one that only has answers for you.

Good luck now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

claire in Almería, Spain said: Hiya

I am presently taking the ITEC massage course as an expat in spain.

I have been told this is not suitable for america and would have to study further to practice there.

In truth, your country's relationship with the UK allows you to come and work with hardly any criteria. Americans are welcome, especially in Ireland.

If you are serious about emigrating, you should do so. Your own professional body will advise you on insurance needs abroad, so contact them. If you are not with a professional body, make sure you link up now, its vital in this type of work, anywhere in the world.

I return to the UK in July and will be looking to offer massage to offices and companies on site. Keep in contact with me from July 2009 and may I wish you every success.

May I also suggest you take a long holiday in England before deciding for sure. There is a real reason I am schooling my children in Spain, as the country has changed for the worse in my opinion. It is recovering though and the Britishness is returning (what that is exactly is anyones, guess!)

Good Luck

Hi Claire...Thank you for your help & all the information, I do need to join a maassage organization since I've let my own lapse. I'd be heading to Scotland for short stays , 4-6 weeks maybe longer over the next 10 plus years before my
husband retires! Once he does retire, his pension would take care of our finances so we wouldn't be on the Dole system. I'll check into the ITEC for sure, and would like to work legally while I am over there for my short stays.

I'll be sure to stay in touch with you, thanks. I've spent 2 months in the Highlands, have friends there and absolutely love it, no doubt I want to eventually live there. I'm off to check out organizations and the ITEC info,
thanks!

Cheers,
Dina

69 months ago

claire in Almería, Spain said: The Uk is the most muliticultural island on the planet, I just wish they would enjoy being so...

The UK welcomes small businesses from around the world, each case being taken on individual merit. I employed many different nationalities when running my own business there and it is normal to live in a town with up to 22 different nationalities, all working and living through the generations.

ITEC is the recognised certification for europe. It offers insurance and registration and is a level 3 diploma costing around 1000 pounds and taking as little as 3 months. Most colleges then offer work placements. It maybe that you already have the level required, but the main thing is insurance and being willing to pay UK tax. That clinches the deal in most cases.

There is also a big difference between emigration and imigration, but this is a therapist chat line, so I wont bore you with the details. Dont listen to anyone, get onto a government website or your consulate in London, and look up the details ascertaining to your particular situation. But Skilled and ready to work is very much appreciated by the Uk, I can assure you.

I am afraid because it depends on so many personal things, it is one of those questions you are going to have to ask via the correct channels and one that only has answers for you.

Good luck now.

Hi Claire,

Could you tell me what ITEC stands for, I am unable to pull it up for massage
using the abbrevation on the internet! Thanks so much~

Cheers,
Dina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sequoia in Florence, Oregon

69 months ago

Wow, glad I found this forum. Am searching for information about working in Belize. Have 11 years experience in Oregon and an Oregon license. Anyone worked in Belize?

Thanks,

Sequoia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sweden in Västerhaninge, Sweden

69 months ago

Rachel in Portland, Oregon said: I am looking into moving to Sweden for a few years and can't find out what I need to do become licensed as a massage therapist there. I am already licensed in Washington & Oregon. Does anyone know of a website for Sweden?

Thanks for your help!

look her,

Swedish Massage Advisory Council
www.svenskmassage.se

molly in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin

69 months ago

Cori in Dallas, Texas said: Is there a test you need to take to become certified to do massage or medical qi gong in New Zealand? My Husband who is in Chiropractic school and i plan on opening a clinic in New Zealand. But i can't find anything on a test. thanks for any info!

heyy my name is molly and live in the US. I'm going to massage school in march and hope to move to new zealand after i graduate. if you do become successful in opening something, i'd love to work for you! :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Matthew in Warren, Arkansas

69 months ago

I am from the USA and I still live here, though my girlfriend is from Spain and can speak english, spanish, italian, and swedish. So I was wondering what qualifications are required in Sweden, Spain, Italy, and Norway. I need to know if I am going to be required to take more school in any of these countries or a national exam. I cannot find a website that provides this information. So if anyone could answer me or prvide any help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have 500 hours of school and have passed the National exam.

Massage in Missoula in Missoula, Montana

68 months ago

Hi Cora2,

I practice in Montana and I worked at a massage school here. We have no licensing requirements in Montana.

I have also worked in California and when I lived there the licensing was different city to city and county to county. If you know where you want to locate in the USA I bet someone could help you better. Washington and Oregon have state licensing.

I wish you lots of clients and safe travels.

Hope in Bristol, United Kingdom

68 months ago

Hi

hope you can help.

I'm a UK trained massage and holistic therapist ( ITEC and NVQ's level 3)
I want to work in the US and was wondering is massage therapists a recognized profession to qualify for a work visa?
want to move to WI.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Hi,

I would think that being a Massage Therapist would qualify on a U.S.
work visa, but I'd suggest you contact the American Consulate and ask
them. Every state in the U.S. has their own regulations as to how many
hours you need of school to be a certified Massage Therapist. At this
time, in California the state is working on passing a bill that would
put all Practitioners and Therapists of massage on a level playing field,
250 hrs. for Practitioner and 500 hrs. for Therapist. As it stands now
the entire state of California has different requirements per county!

If you have any info on how many hours I would need to qualify in the
U.K., and if I could apply for a work visa as a Massage Therapist I'd
appreciate any information you may have! I want to work legally when I
travel again to Scotland but haven't found any requirements yet,though
I am going to call the British Consulate in London and ask!

Cheers,
Dina ...good luck with your move!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

I am a licensed massage therapist in the USA who learned massage at a school (Canterbury College of Natural Medicine) in New Zealand. The US has a national certification test that all therapists must pass to then be allowed to obtain a state license in the state they wish to practice massage. To qualify for the national exam you must meet the criteria they have agreed upon for education . If the school you went to is not in their list of qualified schools (mine was not) you must complete an extra process called an education review. I won't lie that it was quite a process to go through to get completely legal, but if you really want to work it, it can be managed. I can't remember the site off the top of my head but if you search US national massage certification it should get you right to the official government page. It should be fairly easy to follow once you get there!!
Hope this is helpful!
Cheers!

In California, as it now stands, you do not need to have taken
the National Exam to be a Certified Massage Therapist. Even after
taking the U.S. National Exam for Massage Therapy, if you are practicing
in one state and move to another, you will need to adhere to the new
states requirements. Again, as was stated it can be done...if you want
something, nothing can stop you but you!

good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

linda@onsentherapy.com in Kelowna, British Columbia

67 months ago

Cora in Brisbane, Australia said: Thank you :)

The Certification Board in the USA is know as NCBTMB, National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork,www.ncbtmb.org

Once unkown 12 years ago they have gained momentum in the number of Massage therapists who want to join this organization. About 1/2 the states require their licencing, while the other half dont even have a licence requirement- Idaho is one of those states as is Monatana- at last count..... So You need to research= the NCBTMB even put out a state information guide as to who is on board and who doesnt require licencing or boards, so you need to check out every state.....for requirements and type of massage you are doing....
good luck
linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kilford34@hotmail.com in Sundbyberg, Sweden

66 months ago

Hello everyone,

I am a 30yr woman living in Stockholm Sweden with my partner, I have no qualifications in massage but I was hoping to study massage here. Unfortunately none of the schools here seem to offer a course given in English, I am learning Swedish but I would really like to get started. I have been considering signing up to an online course but I am very hesitant as there does not seem to be any practical examination - this seem VERY odd as massage is all about hands on!!

I would really, really appreciate anyone's advice, can anyone recommend an online course or ideas, I really do not want to give up my dream :-(

Thanks

Rowena

howard.bailes@gmail.com in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

Approximately 39 states require licenses for massage therapists. The first step is to determine the state you want to work in then determine the exact requirements for that state. Some accept the national certification some do not. You can also get involved in Decompression Massage whick is a new FDA approved tissue renewal system that is really expanding quickly. www.dmthealth.com Good luck.

wynchalray in Las Vegas, Nevada

65 months ago

I am moving to Larvik, Norway and am a licensed massage therapist in the United States. Can anyone tell me what the qualifications are in Norway?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Austin, Texas

65 months ago

Hi, my family & I will be moving to NZ in a few months. My husband is a kiwi- so citizenship should be granted. I am just now looking into what I need to do to practice massage in NZ. I have 630 hours of school, licensed & have been practicing four and half years.
Does anyone know who I should contact to get this going?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Angela

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yanis in London, United Kingdom

65 months ago

hello every1.
well i have had an interest in massaging for now few years,mostly practised
on friends.
i would need to know if i could work in the uk before bing qualified.
thank you for your interest and replies,well if you do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cheekycherub1970 in York, United Kingdom

64 months ago

Dina in Mount Shasta, California said: Does anyone have an answer to what I would need to be able to legally set up
a massage practice in the U.K....I'm a massage practitioner in California now
and am continuing to my 500 hours to become a Therapist as California is looking
to pass a bill in Sept. 2009 that will state, 250 hrs for Practitioner, 500 hrs. for Therapist.

I've looked on sites for the U.K., even the immigration site as we'd like to buy land and eventually relocate to Scotland but I didn't see anything for this type of business! Are there specific hours required in Scotland or the U.K. in general to practice. Any info would be appreciated, it's been hard trying to find out so far! I do know that to set up your own business in the U.K. the immigration site says you must have the equivalent of $200,000.00 GBP in the bank, but that sounds like a store front business, certainly not needed to do massage out of a home~

thanks,
Dina L. Tikkanen

Hello,

The Government are asking you for this much money, so you have money to pay the rent or morgage on the building as well as for living, without claiming any type of Government funds.
I am a massage therapist and teacher of massage and Beauty therapy for the last 18yrs.I have worked in the Bahamas and on cruise ships. Most salons and insurance companies ask for NVQ level 2 or above to practice here, but it's a case of having the hours and experience to get a job and a whole lot of references.
You have to worry more about Visa's as much as getting a job as a therapist.The laws in Britain are getting harder, as far as a foreigner working here. You coud apply for a job and hope the employer will give get you a work permit. If you are married to a British citizian, it would be easier, but still most salons are looking for experience as well as clientele.
there are many job sites, hre are a few...
spaopportunities.com
redhotcareers.co.uk
beautyjobsonline.com
leisurejobs.co.uk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mayqueen27 in Mount Shasta, California

64 months ago

Thanks Cheeky, great to have the information. I'm still practicing massage but am focusing on a more lucrative business that also allows me to help people, but in a different way!

Cheers
Dina bit.ly/svCX

sharyon in Austin, Texas

64 months ago

Angela in Austin, Texas said: Hi, my family & I will be moving to NZ in a few months. My husband is a kiwi- so citizenship should be granted. I am just now looking into what I need to do to practice massage in NZ. I have 630 hours of school, licensed & have been practicing four and half years.
Angela

Hi Angela

I am from New Zealand and have just gratuated from the Boulder School of Massage. Now living in Austin for a while.

Try www.massagenewzealand.org

There is information and people to contact.
Let me know if I can give anymore help.

Good Luck
Sharyon

good luck

sharyon in Austin, Texas

64 months ago

Angela in Austin, Texas said: Hi, my family & I will be moving to NZ in a few months. My husband is a kiwi- so citizenship should be granted. I am just now looking into what I need to do to practice massage in NZ. I have 630 hours of school, licensed & have been practicing four and half years.
Angela

Hi Angela

I am from New Zealand and have just gratuated from the Boulder School of Massage. Now living in Austin for a while.

Let me know if I can give anymore help.

Good Luck
Sharyon

breanda in Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

64 months ago

i will love to experince massages service

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

peggyleigh in Halifax, Nova Scotia

64 months ago

Hello,
Here is the information for the person asking about practising in Canada.

The national standard for the Canadian Massage Therapy Association is a minimum of 2200 hours and the member associations (in seven provinces and one territory) adhere to these standards. The standard in British Columbia is 3000 hours.

Yes, you read that correctly. Our training in Canada is a minimum of two years and you must pass a written and practical exam in each province in order to become licensed and work there.

Having said that, I am finishing my first year and hope to go to Spain or Greece, but unsure if I will be able to find only seasonal work, which I do not want. I want to work all year long. Any suggestions on work for me in the Med?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

moppie. in Amsterdam, Netherlands

63 months ago

Hi,
I,m studying massage in the netherlands{amsterdam}.The teacher can only give me a certificate of attendance and not a diploma.I understand that you do not need a licence to practice in holland but I would much prefer to recieve a qualification for my training.My only problem is the language,my dutch isnt up to scratch and I was just wondering if anyone knows where i can study in the netherlands in english and get a qualification for it.
Thanks,
Eileen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.