Top material handler skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every material handler must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your material handler expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Darrell Dantzler in Denver, Colorado

80 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every material handler must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your material handler expertise?

None.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

garry mccullough in Wilmington, Delaware

80 months ago

I want a job at wilm. de. site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Randolph Scott in Rock, West Virginia

80 months ago

1 - Show up on time to work
2 - Work entire shift
3 - Follow written/verbal instructions given by supervisor

4 - After doing the above, be prepared to catch supervisor when they fall over in a dead faint because you'll be one of the few, if not the only one, who does the 3 things listed above.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rumaldo Guerrero in Tacoma, Washington

80 months ago

i love work hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

catherine quinn in Portsmouth, Virginia

76 months ago

1. Work stability
2. Good with numbers, (part number memory and counting skills)
3. Organizational skills/time management

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

richardtolbert in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every material handler must have to excel?

work fast

richardtolbert in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

imy a very hard worker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

josepj i salkowski jr in Beverly Hills, Florida

76 months ago

well I have 10 years of exp driving fork lift

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eric J. Anderson in Portland, Oregon

68 months ago

#1 Good communication skills: When you start, listen carefully to those persons who will train you; ASK questions if unsure, and TAKE lots of notes.

#2 IF you pull parts for Kits, have good spatial skills to neatly fit parts into bins/boxes. Put larger parts first (if possible, or re-pack later) into bin/box, then fill in smaller parts.

#3 Have good and legible hand-writing- nothing slows down Put-away or Production more than badly-written part numbers on boxes or bags!

#4 ALWAYS think SAFETY in everyting you do!

dmoto01@yahoo.com in San Antonio, Texas

67 months ago

1.SAFETY
2.FOLLW THE STANDARD OPERATION PROCEEDURES
3.MAKE SURE U DO NOT DAMAGE THE PRODUCT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

millie allwood in Cambridge, Massachusetts

42 months ago

Hi There,
I use to work at Data Packaging (Morningstar Corp.)in Cambridge,MA. when I was 18 yrs.old (many yrs,ago).
I had to file down inner and outter rings built for computers,and package them into large boxes.(plus other jobs that needed to get done.)
factory work is this job simuler? Was'nt too bad, Please email me back about this. Millie

seanprhoads@yahoo.com in Milton, Delaware

39 months ago

1) SAFETY FIRST
2)MSDS sheets material safety data sheet, this ttells you what the product contains and harmful affects etc...
3)ALWAYS know what material you are dealing with in case of spill or accident and know what to use to contain srill etc... This sshould be in your MSDS sheets> EVERY product has an MSDS sheet so if you're unsure, ASK SOMEONE; BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!!!! SEAN P. RHOADS Good Luck!!!!!

seanprhoads@yahoo.com in Milton, Delaware

39 months ago

1) SAFETY FIRST
2)MSDS sheets material safety data sheet, this ttells you what the product contains and harmful affects etc...
3)ALWAYS know what material you are dealing with in case of spill or accident and know what to use to contain srill etc... This sshould be in your MSDS sheets> EVERY product has an MSDS sheet so if you're unsure, ASK SOMEONE; BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!!!! SEAN P. RHOADS Good Luck!!!!!

Ninfa Maquiling in Xenia, Ohio

36 months ago

Tardiness
Cleanliness
Honesty & Hardworking

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DAVISHARVIN in Sumter, South Carolina

18 months ago

I NEED A JOB BADLY I AM WILING TO DO ANYTHING.MOVE TOO SOUTH CAROLINA MARCH 15 2013.

DAVISHARVIN in Sumter, South Carolina

18 months ago

DAVISHARVIN in Sumter, South Carolina said: I NEED A JOB BADLY I AM WILING TO DO ANYTHING.MOVE TOO SOUTH CAROLINA MARCH 15 2013.

MATERIAL HANDLER/PRODUCTION WORKER/DRIVER AT UPS NORWALK CT/COMPUTER/FORKLIFT/AT CLAIROL INC/BUYER INC/ENTHONE INC/ALL IN CONNECTIC.

rico rivera in Mount Holly, New Jersey

18 months ago

i just move here I really need a job im dedicated a hard working men BUT CANT FOUND JUST BECAUSE I GOT A GAP BETWEEN JOBS.

Millie Allwood in Cambridge, Massachusetts

10 months ago

safety
detail
Quality&Quantity

Millie Allwood in Cambridge, Massachusetts

10 months ago

I liked working assembly jobs in the past,because you usually don't get distracted by people, you just do your job,no one comes by talking or asking you any thing,I can focus on what I'm doing,and make sure Quality and quantity are at it's best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.