Entry Level Mechanical Engineer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 83)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Jonathan Edwards in Jacksonville, Florida

75 months ago

Hello. My name is Jonathan Edwards. I recently graduated with a B.S. in mechanical engineering and am finding it difficult to find a job in the field. Is anybody actively hiring because I can only find companies that are accepting resumes but not currently hiring at the time. I am more than willing to relocate anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (306) / No (78) Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Klamath Falls, Oregon

72 months ago

I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, 3 years of quality control experience, 2 certifcations, and I am in the same boat... no companys are hiring and the ones who claim to be sure arent interested in me. I have applied to over 200 jobs I am qualified for in the last 3 months, and not one single interview.

so its not just entry level engineers with this problem...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Matt

69 months ago

Getting an MSME might not be a bad idea if mechanical engineering IS something you want to do. It would also buy you some time - the job market might be a whole lot better a couple of years from now. BUT, buying time and getting into a field that you might like more (than electrical engineering) would really be the only benefits. The truth is that a master's degree is not a whole lot more valuable than a bachelor's degree. Employers generally won't preferentially hire someone with a master's degree (especially vs someone with a bachelor's degree and experience). And pay is not really much better vs a bachelor's degree. Also keep in mind that entry level engineering jobs are generally hard to get in any economy, especially compared to the medical field (the only shortage that exists with engineers is with EXPERIENCED engineers). If simply getting a well-paying job is your priority, then your friends and parents have a point. The job market and pay will ALWAYS be better in health care than engineering. But if you have a REAL passion for mechanical engineering, then the difficulties associated with getting your first job might be well worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

EGRS in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

Chris,

While at Michigan, did you belong to any organizations or part of the greek culture there? The reason I ask is that if you haven't already, it's time to start networking with fellow Michigan men. They are everywhere in the world. Did you intern at all while in school? If so, try and talk with your previous supervisor (if they still have jobs). I know the economy in MI is in the crapper, but at the same time if this helps, the economy everywhere is pretty bad.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

germorodolfo in Quezon City, Philippines

66 months ago

become creative what he had learned with apply any possible job to come in life

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jobless and broke in San Jose, California

59 months ago

Matt in Montebello, California said: "Tell me about a time......"? OUCH!!!! THOSE have to be the worst. The stupid thing here is that the ability to answer questions like these only show that you know how to 'wing it'. And engineering is NOT about winging it. You would think that, if companies are trying to be more selective about hiring engineers, they would at least ask more relevant questions than these types of questions. But some people never learn. No wonder SO many incompetent people actually get hired, while those who actually know something get tossed aside like a piece of trash.

Matt, about 90% of my interviews have been conducted this way. I wish they knew better, but they don't, and that's the same reason why qualified people like me don't even get interviews for positions that perfectly suit them. I know, engineering is about technical communication, not storytelling and "feel good" experiences. I was the one pulling all-nighters, studying my ass off 7 days a week while my liberal arts friends were out partying nonstop all the time. I bet you can guess who has a full time job now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Minneapolis, Minnesota

56 months ago

Had an interview the other day for an entry-level position. The company was transitioning from autocad to solidworks, which is what I was trained in during school. The guy that interviewed me was the solidworks trainer at the company basically helping all the senior engineers train in solidworks. The interview part went well then he asked me to model something in solidworks. He asked me to model an assembly consisting of five parts. Only I wasn't allowed to create an assembly, he wanted everything drawn and modeled essentially as one part. I explained to him that I was never trained to model assemblies in this fashion and he plainly stated "we do things different here"...

So I sat down and made an attempt to create the model, I tried to get used to his settings, shortcuts and layout of solidworks as it was customized to his liking and this definitely slowed me down. I got half the model done when he interrupted and said "we're going to have to bring this to an end... I'll show you the door."

Are you f***ing kidding me? I wasn't even given a fair chance. This was an entry-level position which included any necessary training to bring you up to speed on the companies procedures. This guy has been there since January training these senior engineers and if they aren't getting the hang of solidworks after all this time then theres something wrong with this guy and his teaching methods.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Sacramento, California

56 months ago

I should also add that, if you wish to go to med school, the additional coursework in chemistry and biological sciences is likely to add 1-2 years on top of four years of med school. But then again, when you consider that this means (1) a MUCH better guarantee of employment than mechanical engineering, (2) a MUCH bigger paycheck than you could EVER make as a mechanical engineer, and (3) decent employment opportunites EVERYWHERE (ie not having to move somewhere you would rather not live just to get a job), it is DEFINITELY worth it if you want to go this route.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Mccalla, Alabama

56 months ago

Thanks for the advice. I actually have a degree in biology as well, so the prerequisites are there. Got it originally, starting salary around 35k, which wasn't quite was I was after. I figured a ME degree would provide a raise that would be otherwise unattainable, and it turned out that I was much better at engineering. I think it's just a matter of MCAT scores. Didn't make that great of grades in bio, past 3 year transcripts from ME are straight A's. I really would like to pursue an engineering career, but from a marketability standpoint- MD vastly exceeds ME. You are absolutely correct from a paycheck standpoint. I think the average compensation is around 175 for a doc and I really don't see that type of money materializing in a ME career unless one takes a management route and works their way up incredibly fast-not likely at all. Certainly not attainable in the say 6-7 yrs it would take to be practicing medicine. I really think that if you are very good at what you do, the money will come-rather it's just a matter of when and in what time frame. MD thing is just a though I wanted to bounce off you guys and get some feedback. Thanks for all of your advice and I suppose, since I have plenty of time on my hands, studying for the MCAT would be a potentially constructive allocation of time.

And who the hell builds an assembly as a solid part? That's a completely counterintuitive approach that totally defies the premise of an assembly in the first place. Unless they are drafting monolithic castings, which I presume to be the only real utility in such an approach, that is RONG wrong! Coming to work in Hawaiian shirts on the second Friday of the month is one way of doing things differently, adopting technical procedures that detract from productivity and defy logic is a different ballgame. I don't see that company going anywhere fast, so probably just as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Eatontown, New Jersey

56 months ago

Graduated back in fall of 2009 and still unemployed. It seems that the country is still in the $h!thole.
I found that it's simply impossible to compete with those that got laid off in 2008. The five to ten years difference in experience is killing us new graduates.
Is there no hope for us at all?
I really wish I didn't waste four years studying my @$$ off for my degree. If I spent those time working at a fast food place, I may be a manager already, at least than I have a job.

Is anyone in the same boat with me? Unemployed for almost two years?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Manteca, California

56 months ago

I pretty much am in the same position as you are. About the only difference is that I actually HAVE a job in fast food.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck in Denton, Texas

55 months ago

I had a tech writing class and a woman in my class has a husband that works for CH2M Hill. She said he travels alot 2-3 weeks at a time. But loves the job and his work there (can't remember what he did). Here is a link, its worth a look www.careers.ch2m.com/worldwide/en/who-we-hire/university.asp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eric planting in denver, Colorado

55 months ago

Chuck in Denton, Texas said: I had a tech writing class and a woman in my class has a husband that works for CH2M Hill. She said he travels alot 2-3 weeks at a time. But loves the job and his work there (can't remember what he did). Here is a link, its worth a look www.careers.ch2m.com/worldwide/en/who-we-hire/university.asp

already send a forest of resume's ch2m hills way, chances are if it's a major company we engineers being smart already applied there, got rejected. The reality of the situation is that even after a good interview that consisted of you asking great questions, being amicable, positive, and practicing. Will typically consist of you getting rejected, seriously, don't give canned advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

engine in New York

55 months ago

i applied a few months back, and have been contacted by a recruiter... does anyone here work in the government infrastructure group or as an 'energy engineer' for them?

Phil_ in Michigan City, Indiana

54 months ago

BSMET Recently laid off and back to hunting and scavenging for work. I actively looked for work while employed(I knew things were getting tight and a layoff was eminent) which provided for a couple of interviews leading to no avail. Future isn't looking the most optimistic and I am trying all things far and wide for employment.

The job postings on Monster and other sites of the sort put an instant stop on anyone who doesn't have 2-5 years related experience in the specified field. How am I supposed to get this experience when no jobs exist at an entry level to give those years of experience?? Besides there's no where other than the steel mills or manufacturing facilities to get hired in my area anyways.

Please excuse the ranting, but it's so frustrating to find out that MET was a terrible choice and that I wasted 4 and a half years of my life on a scarce, minutely specific career field. I would advise anyone without a previous 10-15 years experience in a specific field PLUS management to avoid the degree...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Tucson, Arizona

53 months ago

I'm not a recent graduate with BSME (2008) but I was laid off in July of 2010. I have 2 years in the aerospace industry working with NASA type projects. Specialty had been thermal analysis but I can model in CAD, make drawings, and produce technical documentation as well. Nothing you guys haven't heard before but the job market is still tight. I will share my experiences:

I had an interview with NASA in Langley VA in Sept. 2010. Paid flight, everything was awesome, interview went well. Unfortunately no word from them for a couple months. Mean while I heard through the grapevine that they opened the position for ONE KNOWN INDIVIDUAL that did not end up applying, but the rest of us idiots had to fly out there to satisfy their labor law requirements. They closed the position and hired a contractor.

Another company I had a phone screen interview with an HR person that had no experience in the engineering industry so it was quite difficult to convey my skills to a technical illiterate. I did not get any further in the process...

Last month I interviewed twice with a local medical device manufacturing company (very small business) and once with a Honeywell center up in Phoenix. These interviews went well as both employers appreciated my wide range of skills developed in school and the work place.

If I don't get these two jobs then I will help out my dad fix up and rent out foreclosures in Phoenix. There is a house price to rent discrepancy that I discovered with some investigation of the real estate market. I currently tutor 5th grade math for $30 an hour to pay my student loan and credit card bills. I am lucky because my wife teaches 5th grade math at a school with an accelerated math program so she sends all of the slow kids to me to make money off of and I get them back on track which makes her look good (it is a charter school so you can get let go if you suck at your job).

Good luck to everyone out there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

letsgosurfingdude in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

john in Southfield, Michigan said: i have a bs., in mechanical engineering. 3 internships and cannot find any entry level work. i'm getting denied for $11 / hour jobs now, hiring manager does not like the advanced degree at all. i want to hang myself, i don't know what to do.

The Navy is looking for powerplant operator. I have a ME degree too, and I am operating plants.

letsgosurfingdude in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

Eric, Charlottesville, VA in Charlottesville, Virginia said: Gah, that's depressing, I graduated 5 months ago also from Clemson also with an MSME, 3.2 GPA and I've had two interviews, I think purely by chance though, really the postings just get continually more specialized and depressing, nobody seems to like to do any training. Oh yeah, if you want to hear something funny, one company I was working on a project for fired their receptionist to cut costs, now nobody greets you at the entrance and the lights are off

Find a girl and get married! Have kids. There is always food stamps. Don't put your personal life on hold because of your job. I did. Now I wish I got married in my 20's instead of waiting to my 30's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rafael in Riverside, California

53 months ago

YEEESH! I am very scared. One year to go for my BSME with an Overall GPA of 3.65 but an Upper Division GPA of about 3.1! I just wonder what is the average wait time for recent grads with a GPA in the lower 3.0-3.2 range??? I don't have many other career options (having a felony background, that will be expunged but will be denied a career in the medical field, since they require disclosure regardless). So I'm pretty much betting on my BSME to support my little family I have already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Ripon, California

53 months ago

letsgosurfingdude in Los Angeles, California said: Find a girl and get married! Have kids. There is always food stamps. Don't put your personal life on hold because of your job. I did. Now I wish I got married in my 20's instead of waiting to my 30's.

FAR more guys regret getting married early than getting married late. Unless, of course, you just happened to walk away from 'the one' in your 20s because you were too preoccupied with finding work. But how often does this happen? Generally speaking, relationships that start at a later age are MUCH more successful.

Rafael in Riverside, California said: YEEESH! I am very scared. One year to go for my BSME with an Overall GPA of 3.65 but an Upper Division GPA of about 3.1! I just wonder what is the average wait time for recent grads with a GPA in the lower 3.0-3.2 range??? I don't have many other career options (having a felony background, that will be expunged but will be denied a career in the medical field, since they require disclosure regardless). So I'm pretty much betting on my BSME to support my little family I have already.

Social connections are FAR more important than GPA. Unless your GPA is REALLY low (say, 1.8-2.0), NOBODY really cares about GPA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rafael in Riverside, California

53 months ago

Tell that to those screening out those under 3.5 or 3.0

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

garyhlucas in Clementon, New Jersey

52 months ago

I am currently looking for an engineering job, and ran a cross this thread. But my situation is very different. I'm 57, currently employed as an engineer in the waste water industry designing, and installing systems using Ultra-Filtration and Reverse Osmosis. I haven't yet broken $100k but I am close. I do not have an engineering degree, but I do have 4 patents. I'm looking for a new position because after 7 years I am really tired of management that has absolutely no clue.

I started working when I was ten, my dad owned an electrical contracting business, and I worked 50-60 hrs a week summers, after school through high school. I started college, Stevens Institute of Technology, but dropped out and got married instead. At the time graduate engineers were getting offers of $12K a year, and I was making $20K. When I was 24 my dad had a stroke and suddenly I was running the company. I built it up from 5 employees to 21, and took home $73K in 1983. In 1985 I walked away from the business and left it to my brother-in-law and younger brother to run. My brother stills runs it, and I am a working stiff. I've since started three new companies, none of which have survived. I was pushed out of my first startup, but the product is still on the market I've proven to be a very good manager, but startups have to get past the issue of cash flow, and it is especially bad in manufacturing. I've been offered a union electricians card twice, at a total of $110K without overtime it beats engineering hands down. Been there done that, not unhappy that I don't do that kind of work every day. See the next post for the point I am trying to make.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

garyhlucas in Clementon, New Jersey

52 months ago

Now here is my point. That engineering degree you guys all have, it is nothing more than a knock on the door. The ONLY time your GPA really mattered is if it happened to place you in the top 10 people in your graduating class. Those guys got great offers right out of the gate. 5,10 years out school nobody gives a crap about that. You should try finding a job when you can't even knock! So how did I get my current position? I managed to get an interview with a small company whose sign I saw while driving home from another interview. I didn't get offered either job, not qualified you know. However at the time I had just closed my last business, when my financial partner blew all of our startup money buying houses for his feuding inlaws! I had taken a part time job wiring packaging machines for a company where I had previously been the plant manager. I had a second part time gig designing a machine for an old customer, but I wasn't fully employed. I asked the interviewer at the second place if they could use some part time help in their shop. I started working two days 8 hours a day. I went to 10 hour days the following week, and 3 days a week the next. Then they offered me a full time position, and I declined. I told them I was looking for an engineering position. A week later they gave me the job I had originally applied for. So without a degree, and no knock, you get to start over at the bottom every time. The only reason I make the money I do is because I am VERY good. Tough to get that to stand out on your resume, when it doesn't list any education past high school! So if you us old guys have it easy, Hah!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Leave_America in Auckland, New Zealand

52 months ago

I can't stress this enough... save up money and leave America. I bought a ticket to New Zealand, and managed to find an engineering job as a fresh graduate. Some countries still have respect for the younger generation. America is completely done for. Have fun getting your pensions robbed by greedy millionaires.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

tired in Lewisville, North Carolina

52 months ago

I'm sorry to hear so many sad stories about new engineering graduates, even with very good grades and advanced degrees, unable to find employment. It's why I've been discouraging people from going into engineering school for years now. But it's not the experience factor that's to blame - older experienced guys can't find work either. The problem is there are too many corporate “decision makers” who do not have technical backgrounds yet still feel amply qualified to make their poor technical decisions. Most of them create terrible working environments for technical people, yet wonder why their companies (and the economy) are tanking.
What to do? If you truly want to work as an engineer you need to think entrepreneurially. Decide what technical niche you like best, and become an expert in all aspects of it. Then go out and build something. Don’t just hide in school or only draw pretty pictures. Focus on small companies, or even better, start your own venture. Yes it’s expensive and risky, but at least you’ll control your own destiny (and these poorly run existing companies will put up surprisingly little competition). Even if you find a job working for somebody else, you need to act as a salesman and temporary contractor who must prove his value every day. I can’t stress enough: show off your skills by building something and showing it off. That will bring offers knocking on your door, instead of you knocking on their doors with your hand out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Drew in Rocklin, California

52 months ago

Looking for a young ambitious mechanical engineer to fill a position within a well respected and well established MEP Consulting Firm in their Cheyenne, WY office.

Candidate skill set must include - ACadd, Revit (Preferrd), EIT/FE (Preferred), LEED (Preferred), Trane Trace or equivalent, Energy modeling, 1 to 3 years of actual experience in HVAC and consulting engineering field, ability to size and define HVAC systems on a medium to large scale projects within minimal direction.

Contact Drew by email drew@invisionbcr.com for more information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Brentwood, California

52 months ago

Drew in Rocklin, California said: Looking for a young ambitious mechanical engineer to fill a position within a well respected and well established MEP Consulting Firm in their Cheyenne, WY office.

Candidate skill set must include - ACadd, Revit (Preferrd), EIT/FE (Preferred), LEED (Preferred), Trane Trace or equivalent, Energy modeling, [b]1 to 3 years of actual experience in HVAC and consulting engineering field[/b], ability to size and define HVAC systems on a medium to large scale projects within minimal direction.

Contact Drew by email drew@invisionbcr.com for more information

And why is this being posted in a thread titled [b]Entry Level Mechanical Engineer[/b]? This sort of thing illustrates precisely the problems encountered by recent engineering grads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Medina, New York

52 months ago

I feel that I'm in the same boat as everybody else. I recently graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering/Design and Mechanical Technology with a 3.4 GPA. I submitted many resumes` to different companies (mostly out of state) that are looking for entry level engineers and recieved little or no response. I've been working with AutoCAD for the past 15yrs (started in 96'on the MS-DOS System)and teaching myself the Solidworks software. The funny thing is I have experience and still can't find a job. I'm willing to move out of state for a chance at a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ReyCruz in Petaluma, California

52 months ago

Hi Guys,

I have several job openings that we are looking to fill asap. Most are control positions. For more information, just send your resumes at rey@concinnitygroup.biz.

Thanks!

ReyCruz in Petaluma, California

52 months ago

Please see this Job Description and Requirements that we are looking for.

As a member of the Aftertreatment Controls section within LPSD Mechatronics, this individual will be responsible for current production issue resolution, specifically identifying root cause, developing, validating, and calibrating solutions for the controls with aftertreatment systems.

Specific responsibilities will be coordinating root cause investigation, traveling or coordinating data collection, performing data analysis for systems including DPF issues, Soot triggering, Regeneration and thermal management controls, diagnostics, and engine/aftertreatment system, and developing the solutions including integration and validation.

This individual will support the CPI projects with development/calibration/validation of solutions. This includes development and validation work with system tests on benches, engines, and vehicles and a focus on the implementation and data analysis of these validation plans.

The individual must be able to work as part of a team, have a systems engineering focus, and be motivated to meet/exceed goals.

Candidates for this job will have a BS (minimum) or MS in Mechanical, Electrical, or General Engineering.with a strong emphasis in product support, system controls and dynamics, system modeling, hardware and software troubleshooting, and the ability to travel at a moments notice.

Proficiency with Matlab/Simulink development tools is required,

Candidate must be capable of troubleshooting engine systems via PC based tools, standard lab instrumentation, and data acquisition systems.

In addition to high technical ability, candidates must be willing to get their ‘hands dirty’ with engine system hardware, test engine controls in the lab and think/act on problems outside their area of expertise.

Thank you,

Rey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Natick, Massachusetts

52 months ago

Hello all,I am a consultant and am currently helping an Ohio-based firm hired an experienced mid-level Mechanical Engineer. You MUST be a registered P.E. and have extensive healtcare experience. If this is you please send me your resume or email me at mmaynard@morrisseygoodale.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Phil_ in Michigan City, Indiana

52 months ago

tired in Lewisville, North Carolina said: ...The problem is there are too many corporate “decision makers” who do not have technical backgrounds yet still feel amply qualified to make their poor technical decisions. Most of them create terrible working environments for technical people, yet wonder why their companies (and the economy) are tanking.
What to do? If you truly want to work as an engineer you need to think entrepreneurially. Decide what technical niche you like best, and become an expert in all aspects of it. Then go out and build something. Don’t just hide in school or only draw pretty pictures. Focus on small companies, or even better, start your own venture. Yes it’s expensive and risky, but at least you’ll control your own destiny (and these poorly run existing companies will put up surprisingly little competition). Even if you find a job working for somebody else, you need to act as a salesman and temporary contractor who must prove his value every day. I can’t stress enough: show off your skills by building something and showing it off. That will bring offers knocking on your door, instead of you knocking on their doors with your hand out.

Good advice. I'm taking this to heart. When I got hired in to my last job I was told that I was relieving the workload of about 10 people domestically and overseas. The US manager thought he could do my job on top of managing sales and finances and to save on overhead(salary) I got axed. I hear the company's in a little bit of a shamble without a technical degree on staff. I may be stating the obvious but entrepreneurship and innovation are the way of the times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mderiggs in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

Guys, try Case New Holland (www.cnh.com) they have been hiring quite a bit lately.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Tullahoma, Tennessee

49 months ago

Robert in Klamath Falls, Oregon said: I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, 3 years of quality control experience, 2 certifcations, and I am in the same boat... no companys are hiring and the ones who claim to be sure arent interested in me. I have applied to over 200 jobs I am qualified for in the last 3 months, and not one single interview.

so its not just entry level engineers with this problem...

Dear Friend, please get a MS degree. Believe me it helps. MS is your experience. But enter a university that gives you GRA (Graduate Research Assistant). Then everything will be much better. There are alot of BS engineering degree outside but there are not many MS or PhD degrees.

Best wishes,
-Denise

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

andy in Fresno, California

49 months ago

All employers are so disrespectful, they dont send you email that u are not selected for the position applied, instead a SUGAR COATED sentence that 'we will consider ur resume for future openings'. I am sick of this, at least plz tell us the truth we all job seekers deserve to know this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elaina Walker in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

andy in Fresno, California said: All employers are so disrespectful, they dont send you email that u are not selected for the position applied, instead a SUGAR COATED sentence that 'we will consider ur resume for future openings'. I am sick of this, at least plz tell us the truth we all job seekers deserve to know this.

Hey Andy

This is the situation everyone face. The HR would never say that you are not selected, thus raising the hope of the applicant. There are some employer who would never turn up regarding the results of the interview. Even if you give follow up mails and calls, they would never respond. This really is very disappointing.

Matt

48 months ago

Principles of Engineering in Adrian, Michigan said: The posting requires that the applicant have 4000 hours of engineering/CAD experience in the field in the past 5 years. You may check out the posting to see if you quailfy...www.lisd.us.

What part of 'Entry Level Mechanical Engineer' do these folks NOT understand?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Prakash Sigdel in Dallas, Texas

48 months ago

Mine case is also the same . i completed my graduation from texas .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MBrdak in Clinton Township, Michigan

48 months ago

We are looking for controls engineers..in MICHIGAN!! Please send resume to mbrdak@exceldirect.com

Harrington in Saint Paul, Minnesota

48 months ago

Hi
I am interested in working oversea. Please email me your direct email address so that I send you my credential with other supporting documentation.

Process Engineer in Phenix City, Alabama

48 months ago

Hello,

Currently, there is open Quality Engineer position (Entry) available in Phenix City, Alabama. Candidate should possess some background in quality but it is not requirement.

If you are interested then let me know so that I could forward your resume to HR. (I must say that don't expect the high salary but view it as the way to gain experience.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Process Engineer in Phenix City, Alabama

48 months ago

Hello,

There is open Quality Engineer position in Phenix, Al and if you are interested then let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Prakash Sigdel in Dallas, Texas

48 months ago

can i get your email id

S in Anniston, Alabama

48 months ago

Prakash Sigdel in Dallas, Texas said: can i get your email id

phenixcity7@gmail.com

Mechanical God in Brooklyn, New York

47 months ago

S in Anniston, Alabama said: phenixcity7@gmail.com

what is the requirement for this Quality Engineer position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Process Engineer in Anniston, Alabama

47 months ago

To answer your question, I not sure but HR is looking for someone who possess some sort of engineering degree but she perfers someone whose degree that is tailored to quality field. I will gladly forward your resume to HR

@Prakash Sigdel

I received your CV but I think I need your resume

If you guys are interested in Automotive Manufacturing company, this position might be perfect for you. I this is how far I would go. sorry

javierbiz in Tennessee

47 months ago

If interested, I might be able to find you a good job in Tennessee. Send me your resume and e-mail address to javierbiz@hotmail.com.

Korsar in Brooklyn, New York

47 months ago

Damn I got BSME in June 2009, 3.3 gpa still no job. I had 2 real interviews recently and dozen phone interviews and still no luck. I need some entry level position where I would get opportunity to learn. I think

. I am going to concentrate on practical experience in this letter. It’s not enough to get formal education to become a successful engineer. Theoretical studies and lab work are great, but it’s not possible to cover all specializations in university. Employers specially in small companies are not really interested to hire entry level engineers and this is understandable, they need job to be done, not mentoring some young people or may be company needs one professional engineer and there’s no other engineers in that company. To become a technical professional you must learn particular processes and that requires some amount of time. Many graduates with degrees in engineering feel like they had illusions about their studies choice and turn their talents in other fields either because of financial benefits or because they can’t get a chance of technical experience that requires long time of mentoring.

I think it’s a good plan to develop government projects that will hire predominantly entry level candidates and will hire people with experience to manage and mentor young people. It will bring mutual benefits for everybody. Young people will get experience, they will be able to support themselves, it will boost their morale. Our country will benefit from output of projects, will get future technical professionals, will get more morally stable people, who can support themselves and pay taxes. Prior to economic crisis many big companies were hiring young people because they had different development programs, but right now everything is freeze. Even then these programs were hiring limited number of graduates and as I said before to produce great number of technical specialists formal education is not enough, we need few years of practice.

Leon in Vancouver, Washington

47 months ago

I got BSME in May 2011, 've done 16 weeks internship at a small local Wastewater treatment comp; Korsa was right, small companies just want their jobs to be done. I've done what they need and 've done myself too.

For local people, it is difficult to get a job huh ? For me, I'm an international student with an 1 year working permit; I feel desperately.

Just need exp. to build up my career instead of throwing my degree to garbage can

Any help pls ?

Lisa from March Consulting Assoc. in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

47 months ago

Come to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
It's a beautiful city to live and work in! And we are looking for engineers.
Everyone here has a job so there are no unemployed people to hire from!!!
That's how good it is. Saskatchewan is rich in natural resources and we are experiencing growth.

Check out our web-site: www.marchconsulting.com
Check out our city at: www.tourismsaskatoon.com

contact me at: hr@marchconsulting.com

Hope to hear from any of you looking for work!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.