Questions asked on job interview for medical assistant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 82)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Rowena Erickson in Prairieville, Louisiana

87 months ago

I graduate in Oct. and I want to be ready for those hard questions that you all have been asked on your interviews

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

andrea in Woodburn, Oregon

87 months ago

They usually all ask "what would your former employer say about you if I was to call them". At that point I tell them they would say I am responsible, resourceful, determined, team player..etc. Then they ask "What do you like most about being an MA" I always say that I like the pt care and the paperwork". Alot of Ma's go into this field not realizing how much paperwork that is involved, but I actually enjoy it cuz I am an organization freak. They also ask "what do you like least about your job" personally I hate the amount of mail that comes in that I have to go through and sort out for the dr, that to me drives me nuts cuz it's mostly junk mail. They will also ask you " what types of procedures have you done on extern", so my advice to you is be everywhere you can be and learn everything you can. Be a go getter on extern cuz that is your time to show how interested you are in your new profession. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

karen in Dearborn, Michigan

86 months ago

Rowena Erickson in Prairieville, Louisiana said: I graduate in Oct. and I want to be ready for those hard questions that you all have been asked on your interviews

i need to ask a medical assistant some questions because i am in medical assisting and i want to know? may i ask you please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

severina418 in Cincinnati, Ohio

82 months ago

Having great customer service skills is a big asset to have as a Medical Assistant, so it's always good to emphasize that you can bring that to the table. They will also want to know about your MA skills, office and/or clinical, depending on the position you interview for. Like with any interview, you have to sell yourself to them and let them know why YOU would be the best MA for the position. If you did good in school, bring that up. Mention anything that could possibly set you aside from anyone else who may be interviewing. Have confidence, but not arrogance. Multi-tasking and team player skills are also a must.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jannette in Muncie, Indiana

79 months ago

what information is important to obtain when the pharmacist calls and is requesting a patient medication refill?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Tibialis in Mc Lean, Virginia

79 months ago

You should let them know that you are up to date on the newest developments in the medical profession. I suggest that you take a look at websites such as webmd.com and onlineconsultation.com/main_index.php before your interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in San Jose, California

76 months ago

i need to know what to ask a potential employer during an interview. This really did not help me at all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

sonia calderon in Bell, California

75 months ago

jannette in Muncie, Indiana said: what information is important to obtain when the pharmacist calls and is requesting a patient medication refill?

patient name and date of birth and name of the medication and mg.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sonia calderon in Bell, California

75 months ago

I need to know what to response when they ask why your leaving your previous job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

kayli in Medford, Oregon

64 months ago

what question should i ask at the end of the interivew?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (103) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Angelica Tillery in San Antonio, Texas

63 months ago

I just finish my extership, hoping they could hire me, that was not the case,. I'm looking for a job for more than a month, with no success, I'm desperate, because I behind in my mortage, and I don't have any help. When I registred in Hallmark College in San Antonio, Tx. they asure me that is going to be easy; to find a job, they lie to you because they want you money. This is a nightmare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas

63 months ago

Rowena Erickson in Prairieville, Louisiana said: I graduate in Oct. and I want to be ready for those hard questions that you all have been asked on your interviews

I had a interview Friday and a phone interview on Sunday (today), both inteviews asked the question what are your SKILLS? On Friday the interview was a Lady Doc. I was more comfortable with her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

latina in Deltona, Florida

62 months ago

What should I do? I love my job this is what I want to do. For me being a MA can be fulfulling. But what do you say when your supervisor extends your probation period another month because "she feel there is something about you she cant explain that make her feel I will SNAP" mind you I've never argued with anyone there. Just to let everyone know I get along with everyone... I just don't allow anyone to disrespect me. But there is a way of saying things without hurting peoples feeling. I guess I'm too honest. I don't kiss butt nor do I want mine kissed. I just think she's using her power to hold me down. Is it wise for me to stay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas

62 months ago

I agree to your opinon, although we are all Adults and should be very Professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Jonesboro, Georgia

62 months ago

Angelica Tillery in San Antonio, Texas said: I just finish my extership, hoping they could hire me, that was not the case,. I'm looking for a job for more than a month, with no success, I'm desperate, because I behind in my mortage, and I don't have any help. When I registred in Hallmark College in San Antonio, Tx. they asure me that is going to be easy; to find a job, they lie to you because they want you money. This is a nightmare.

I wish you luck, because it hs ben a nightmare for me too. I had to quit my jb to finish school and ant the cinical tests and to fulfill my 180 hrs in 1 1/2 months. cold not do it without quitting job. afer externship, it was devastating, no income, no job, no help with job placement, doctors looking for 2-3 yr experience, i would have lost my home if it wasn't for my family. After 1 yr, I am still looking and also have my certification. you are right they lie to get your money. The job market is overpopulated now and they should stop advertising for anyone to go to school for medical assisting. You see, ass in assisting, meaning they make an ass out of you and me. Please pray for me as I
pray for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MAbren in Hartford City, Indiana

62 months ago

Med. Asst. field is very overpopulated. I've been searching for an MA position for over a year now too. I have a couple years experience but that doesn't seem to matter. Med. Asst. is overrated when it comes to the job market. Guess my next step is LPN. Good luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

That is what I have decided too. Go back to school with a course
that will accept my credits. It is even more stressful when I contact the school for help in job placement. The next school that I attend , I will ask for the statistics of their job placement and also research the market for which ever field I go into. MA is over rated and over populated. So, unbelievable because you see the commercials and how the medical professionals are in demand. My school take in a slew of recruitees every friday. I want to forewarn them so bad. You have to take other than medical field to get a job and that even excaberate the situation because you are getting farther away from even finding a MA job with less and less experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I had an interview today finally. First one in almost a year. About the school taking in a ton of people every week....that's how mine was. I also just read in the news that another school near me is so crowded with MA students that they had to stop enrollment for a semester or two. Just imagine the disappointment when all those students graduate and think it's going to be a piece of cake to get a job.....just like I thought. Yeah, it would be nice to run in there and tell them all the cold, hard truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Stephanie in San Jose, California said: i need to know what to ask a potential employer during an interview. This really did not help me at all

What qualities do you look for in possible candidates? What is the turnover rate at this "place"? Do you have many candidates for this position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Louisville, Kentucky

61 months ago

MAbren in Hartford City, Indiana said: Med. Asst. field is very overpopulated. I've been searching for an MA position for over a year now too. I have a couple years experience but that doesn't seem to matter. Med. Asst. is overrated when it comes to the job market. Guess my next step is LPN. Good luck to all.

Hello, I grew up very close to your city. As a MA I to found that the job market was very poor. If you learned to draw blood as I did, try dialysis. Also try the red cross, Mental Health Clinics, facilities for MRDD such as Carey Industries in Marion, Ambucare in Marion, of course all DR's offices. You can also draw from your medical terminology training. Believe it or not, it doesn't take much to gain employment teaching at the medical terminology at the business colleges. Take one aspect of your training and expand from there. In the mean time....Go back to school. The unemployment office has several programs that will help pay as well as vocational rehab.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I used to think the hardest question was: What is your weakness. Of course you know you have plenty. The trick is to state what is really a strength as your weakness.
I am very picky about neatness.
If I come across a term I don't, I can't relax until I find out exactly what it means.
I have to carry a to do list, this makes me feel so much more productive as I am able to cross items off my list.
Never, never give an actual weakness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

latina in Deltona, Florida said: What should I do? I love my job this is what I want to do. For me being a MA can be fulfulling. But what do you say when your supervisor extends your probation period another month because "she feel there is something about you she cant explain that make her feel I will SNAP" mind you I've never argued with anyone there. Just to let everyone know I get along with everyone... I just don't allow anyone to disrespect me. But there is a way of saying things without hurting peoples feeling. I guess I'm too honest. I don't kiss butt nor do I want mine kissed. I just think she's using her power to hold me down. Is it wise for me to stay?

Get away ASAP... sounds like she doesn't care for you for what ever reason. She is holding you until you can be replaced. I have never heard of such a thing and certainly not without a solid reason. She needs to give you something you can work on and change.
I think you may be a lot like myself. Assertive, borderline aggressive. The don't start no s@@@ u don't get no s@@@.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Thank you. I think I'm going to look into LPN because I should be able to test out of most of the classes and hopefully that will open new doors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

MAbren in Hartford City, Indiana said: Thank you. I think I'm going to look into LPN because I should be able to test out of most of the classes and hopefully that will open new doors.

First good to hear you consider other options. Second, unfortunately LPN classes are not something you can test out of as a MA. These two programs are totally different. Yes, I know, you were told you can do practically everything a LPN does. Trust me, that it not true. There is a 1 year Nursing program in Marion. Marion Community School Tucker. The program runs from August-July. No pre-nursing class needed. Nothing, no math, English, micro,anatomy, nothing!! The program is fast paced and takes a lot of your time as classes are 8-3 , m-f on the regular schools calender. Apply now and prepare to go next fall. But, don't put all your eggs in one basket. You must take an exam and be offered acceptance into the program,if you wait and don't get accepted you are out of luck until the next year. You sit in one class room all day and move from one subject to the next. Go to the school and check it out. The instructors will be happy to talk with you and even let you come into the class and speak with the current students. You MA training with help you in the class especially the medical terminology as this program does not teach you medical term. Like I said, check at the employment office for assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Its best to continue your education and not in the MA program. I am so tempted to run into the office with all those recruitees for Ma program and tell them what they will be faced with. I would tell them to run!!!! as fast as you can.. Especially, when you invest so much of your time, looking for a better lifestyle and when you end up devastated. No income, no food, lose your home, you have to give up so much, especially your job to finish externship. and no one tells you up front what the struggle will be. They dont make anyting available for you to accomodate working and at the same time finish externship. I had to do at least 20 hours a week during the day, with a different office hours daily, which does not allow for another job. They dont prepare you or inform you what can happen to you after externship.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Marion, Ohio

61 months ago

This is my very first quarter for becoming a Medical Assistant, and I think that getting a job will absolutely not be a problem.
For one my college is very seriously considering to take the Nursing program out as a whole because their jobs are becoming less wanted by physician offices and hospitals.
And sure we do make less then RN's and even LPN's but that will change because of the high demand of our job. Every where I look I see MA needed! No Nurse applications! and so on.
I think with today's economy it would be very un-wise to get your degree in Nursing because hospitals just dont want to pay them so much.
It sucks but its true

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I wish you the best in all your endeavors. I have my certification and it has been over a year since I have any solid leads from job placement services and looking on my own. The doctors are looking for 2 -3 yr experience and the market is so competitive now and overpopulated, there are more candidates that have more experience that are out of work as well. So you'll see where you fit in for a candidate for unemployment. Hospitals are not looking for MA's, they want nurses. The MA field is limited to doctor's offices and they have many to choose from now, of course, they are choosing the ones that have experience. I was very optismistic while I was in school too. If the doctor does not hire you after externship, you will unfortunately , become quite aware of what I have stated. EXperience, experience, experience is what they are looking for. Catch 22, how will you get the experience if you dont work in the field. Oh, did I forget to mention I was top of my class, on honor roll. Guess what, it does not matter. I was thinking about going back to school for anything but nursing, maybe healthcare information technology. And I will not go back to the same school,
while you are in school, I would ask them the statistics of graduates finding MA jobs after graduation. I graduated and they will not for the life of them give any statistics of even my class.
I was put with a doctor who only wanted free labor, no intention of hiring, even received a rave review. My career coordinator knew this about the doctor and also knew that I was self sufficient, no husband to fall back on. They still allowed this to take place. So, if I were you, you would explicitly asked for a doctor who is considering hiring. Believe me that is not always possible. The school representatives really did me in. And they dont contact you unless you contact them. If I do not constantly ask them for leads, they will let you go.Knowing my situation,its been over 2 wks since they have notified me of any lea

61 months ago

That is good for you. I see it was for a CNA job, none compared to what you went to school for. One year and not like 6 wks to become a CNA. In my state, I have tried for CNA jobs,they tell you no, they want certified nursing aides, Plus I did not go to school to do heavy lifting, washing patients and working with geriatrics, only , and nursing homes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in Akron, Ohio

61 months ago

Hi all.. I am in need of an externship site. I live in akron, ohio and need to have the site scheduled by Oct. 22 2009.. If any one can help me it would be greatly apreciated. Thank you to all in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

janis in Minneapolis, Minnesota

60 months ago

latina in Deltona, Florida said: What should I do? I love my job this is what I want to do. For me being a MA can be fulfulling. But what do you say when your supervisor extends your probation period another month because "she feel there is something about you she cant explain that make her feel I will SNAP" mind you I've never argued with anyone there. Just to let everyone know I get along with everyone... I just don't allow anyone to disrespect me. But there is a way of saying things without hurting peoples feeling. I guess I'm too honest. I don't kiss butt nor do I want mine kissed. I just think she's using her power to hold me down. Is it wise for me to stay?

I really feel that she should be reported, Although i do not know how to go about this because i do not live in Florida. I do believe it it is in your best interest to start looking elsewhere. Do not leave the position but start putting in applications else where. If you are part of a large corporation then look for work internally. Do this at home on your own time do not let her see you. If you are not part of a larger corporation get your resume out there. Do not talk to coworkers about her. It will get back to her on how you feel. If you can speak to someone in the upper management she has a boss to. If you are uncomfortable doing that let the upper management know how you feel. She is harassing you that was very unprofessional of her. I sincerely wish you the best luck in the world. I have been where you are. Don't let her get you down. Its impertinent that you just keep doing your job. She has some very disturbing issues with herself and feels that she can take them out on you. It is her deal not yours. Keep your job and start looking, but just know there are creeps who hate themselves all over this world and try to pray on the meek. You are a great person and that's what you need to know. Hang in there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Layton. in Sandy, Utah

59 months ago

Hi there, Generally in this area they are looking to see how far you will go. This is the weeding out part...you might want to look for another job in the meantime just keep doing your job. You never know that job you are at now might work out for you. Keep in mind that you should not call in sick if possible and body language can send the wrong message to somebody and they might take it the wrong way...and most of all, always be happy to be there and look for ways that you can help your fellow co-workers and be looking for ways that you can learn something new that will make you a better MA.
Happy Thanksgiving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kitkatm79@yahoo.com in Modesto, California

59 months ago

So i have an interview on friday for a MA postion... Wow im so nervous I graduated in may and have not done anything snice i graduated. This is how long it's been taken me to find a job. I can use some pointer's please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

59 months ago

kitkatm79@yahoo.com in Modesto, California said: So i have an interview on friday for a MA postion... Wow im so nervous I graduated in may and have not done anything snice i graduated. This is how long it's been taken me to find a job. I can use some pointer's please?

Relax... what ever you do, don't concentrate on the fact that you haven't worked, try not to mention the fact that you have been unable to obtain work. Think of a reason, any reason why you haven't been employed, for instance, maybe after focusing on school for so long you wanted to relax and spend some time with the family before looking for full time employment. Be positive and don't offer any negative info. Walk in with you head up high, smile, make direct eye contact and show you have confidence in your abilities. There is a lot of good info on the forum, read though some and practice interviewing. Lastly, claim you job!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Riverdale, Georgia

58 months ago

Thank you for reading my comment and for your comment. I hope the women out there see my comment because we are being exploited. I made the comment so othrsare aware andI will receive justice just by knowing I have saved others from the hurt and suffering behind
trying to better my life by going back to school. Please, please, whatever you do, ask the school about job placement before you sign
up i.e. the percentage of placement - have it in writing. ask in what areas have they found jobs for MA's, how long did it take for them to find those jobs, ifd they do at all. My school did not have
connections to any doctors out there hiring ENTRY LEVEL.they would send me craigslist advertisement. Now does that sound like they have any connections. VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! ASK AND HAVE THEM PROVE THEIR STATISTICS ON PLACEMENT. i just read a comment of MA
getting a CNA job, they don't even hire you unless you are certfied. I did not go to school to become a CNA which only takes 6 wk training, while MA takes over a year to graduate. And if you take a job for CNA, that still will not give you the experience that the doctors are looking for and you will spend more money to get certification for a CNA. Is that your solution , get a CNA job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christina Cherie in Jacksonville, Florida

58 months ago

anonymous in Jonesboro, Georgia said: I wish you luck, because it hs ben a nightmare for me too. I had to quit my jb to finish school and ant the cinical tests and to fulfill my 180 hrs in 1 1/2 months. cold not do it without quitting job. afer externship, it was devastating, no income, no job, no help with job placement, doctors looking for 2-3 yr experience, i would have lost my home if it wasn't for my family. After 1 yr, I am still looking and also have my certification. you are right they lie to get your money. The job market is overpopulated now and they should stop advertising for anyone to go to school for medical assisting. You see, ass in assisting, meaning they make an ass out of you and me. Please pray for me as I
pray for you.

I'm in the same boat, I was looking foward to becoming a little more sucessful when I passed the certification exam, I guess we have wasted our time and basically for me put our selves in finatual jepordy so that the administration at our schools could be employeed, not including us! Hey as long as they have a job thats all they care about. My career advisor would act like all they want to do is see me reach my goals when really all they care about is them selves. Around $14,000 later were all unemployeed while they're basically scamming other people, ruining all of our hopes, dreams, and confidence in our selves. To whom ever is thinking of going to school to be an MA, I would do a little more research, think of maybe just going to a state college or University for a degree. Please take it from us and don't let a vocational course crush your dreams and get you into dept like me, because now I am stuck paying back loans with no job. I guess its time to go back waitressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry if I sound a little unprofessional right now but, I just dont know where to turn to now! They arent as nice as they seem they even make you sign a form that job placement isnt guaranteed.You all are in my prayers.GOOD L

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Newport, Kentucky

58 months ago

Hi everyone,
If anyone can honestly answer this question-it would much be appreciated, I am about to extern and I'm finished with my Associates Degree in Medical Assisting, I have 3 felonies and about 5 misdemeanors, has anyone obtained employment in this field witha background like that, my offenses include burglary, theft, promoting contraband, I have overcome addiction and have been clean for almost 3 years and am through with parole, and am free, if anyone can answer this, God-Bless.....I'm going to keep trudging..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mrgwhitlock in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

anonymous in Riverdale, Georgia said: Thank you for reading my comment and for your comment. I hope the women out there see my comment because we are being exploited. I made the comment so othrsare aware andI will receive justice just by knowing I have saved others from the hurt and suffering behind
trying to better my life by going back to school. Please, please, whatever you do, ask the school about job placement before you sign
up i.e. the percentage of placement - have it in writing. ask in what areas have they found jobs for MA's, how long did it take for them to find those jobs, ifd they do at all. My school did not have
connections to any doctors out there hiring ENTRY LEVEL.they would send me craigslist advertisement. Now does that sound like they have any connections. VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! ASK AND HAVE THEM PROVE THEIR STATISTICS ON PLACEMENT. i just read a comment of MA
getting a CNA job, they don't even hire you unless you are certfied. I did not go to school to become a CNA which only takes 6 wk training, while MA takes over a year to graduate. And if you take a job for CNA, that still will not give you the experience that the doctors are looking for and you will spend more money to get certification for a CNA. Is that your solution , get a CNA job?

i live in jackson ga and want to be come a cna. where do i get the training i need. can you help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mrgwhitlock in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

Anonymous in Newport, Kentucky said: Hi everyone,
If anyone can honestly answer this question-it would much be appreciated, I am about to extern and I'm finished with my Associates Degree in Medical Assisting, I have 3 felonies and about 5 misdemeanors, has anyone obtained employment in this field witha background like that, my offenses include burglary, theft, promoting contraband, I have overcome addiction and have been clean for almost 3 years and am through with parole, and am free, if anyone can answer this, God-Bless.....I'm going to keep trudging..

no most places no matter what state your in won't. The school should have done a back roundcheck before accepting you. In rare cases you be hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Thank you very much- mrgwhitlock in Atlanta , Georgia, I did talk to the careere service lady at the college- which was Southwestern, and she assured me that if I pursued my Associates it would look alot better on me, I thought about pursuing an LPN program sice there is a board I can go in front of and plead my case, I'm going to keep praying and hopefully I'll be a rare case.........God Bless

58 months ago

Hi,
go to your local community college for info or try the website for georgia board of nursing....goodluck, its a very rewarding career......

Rosana in Boca Raton, Florida

58 months ago

anonymous in Jonesboro, Georgia said: I wish you luck, because it hs ben a nightmare for me too. I had to quit my jb to finish school and ant the cinical tests and to fulfill my 180 hrs in 1 1/2 months. cold not do it without quitting job. afer externship, it was devastating, no income, no job, no help with job placement, doctors looking for 2-3 yr experience, i would have lost my home if it wasn't for my family. After 1 yr, I am still looking and also have my certification. you are right they lie to get your money. The job market is overpopulated now and they should stop advertising for anyone to go to school for medical assisting. You see, ass in assisting, meaning they make an ass out of you and me. Please pray for me as I
pray for you.

I feel the same way i finished my school on may i did find a job in this small office but the dr.wife was a insane she treated people like nothing and i could not
accepted so she fired me i was there for just 2 weeks.After that i didn't find anything else they really want people with 2 or 3 years of experience and when they don;t they want to pay like 7 dollars a hour it's ridiculus.But i am praying to find a job in 2010.Good luck...

Teresa :) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

58 months ago

Hi everyone i will be done with school on the 24th of this month and i have been filling out applications on line. I actually have a second interview with aurora next week so hopefully i get the job. I just want to wish everyone in this field good luck and to tell you not to give up. I dont care how long it takes me to get a job as long as i get in somewhere cause going to school for this type of stuff is not cheap and i refuse to waste my money lol.

kitin_22 in Omro, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Hi teresa,

I will have my 1st phone interview with Aurora next week. Can you please give me information about the things they will ask you over the phone & the things you can ask them? Who will be interviewer? I'm guessin' you have been already phone interviewed.. I would highly appreciate and will pray for your success in being hired for the job..I'm also prayin' to be hired in GOD's time..

takierraj in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

Teresa :) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Hi everyone i will be done with school on the 24th of this month and i have been filling out applications on line. I actually have a second interview with aurora next week so hopefully i get the job. I just want to wish everyone in this field good luck and to tell you not to give up. I dont care how long it takes me to get a job as long as i get in somewhere cause going to school for this type of stuff is not cheap and i refuse to waste my money lol.

Good luck with everything!! I just graduated on the 22nd of this month!! And I have already had 4 interviews and 2 job offers!! One can say that I am VERY lucky.. And I wish that everyone is as blessed as god has blessed me!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kitin_22 in Omro, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Hi takierraj,

May I know if you had these interviews with Aurora? Can you please give me tips on what they ask over the phone interview? I will have a phone interview this thursday.& I'm hopin' to get the job..your help will highly be appreciated..

Teresa :) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

57 months ago

kitin_22 in Omro, Wisconsin said: Hi teresa,

I will have my 1st phone interview with Aurora next week. Can you please give me information about the things they will ask you over the phone & the things you can ask them? Who will be interviewer? I'm guessin' you have been already phone interviewed.. I would highly appreciate and will pray for your success in being hired for the job..I'm also prayin' to be hired in GOD's time..

hi kittin22,
Well they basically are going to ask u what kind of things u did on your externship. You will be asked why do you want to work here/why did u choose this field/tell me about a time u went out your way to help a patient and other questions im sure u will do good on just be very confident going in and make up some questions to ask them once they are done interviewing you at least 3. So good luck and i hope i helped.

JenniferF85 in Whitinsville, Massachusetts

55 months ago

I graduated my Medical Assisting program back in April of 09. May to June (09) I completed my 160 hours of internship. I am currently still looking for a job! I have had several interviews that I was well prepared for but due to "lack of experience" they decided to go with other candidates! It has become a very depressing experience, tho my credentials were straight A's and I have a GREAT reference from the women I worked under at my internship and I also took the next step to become nationally certified through the American Registry of Medical Assistants. I honestly do not know what I'm doing wrong if anything. I don't know how to get the experience they are looking for. I want to prepare myself but I have been shot down so many times that my confidence is at rock bottom. Is there any suggestions that could help me prepare myself? Maybe things the interviewer is looking for that I have been overlooking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

FAITH-FULL in Florence, Kentucky

55 months ago

GOT FAITH?WHEN YOU SEE ONLY ONE SET OF FOOTPRINTS, IT WAS THEN THAT I CARRIED YOU..........GOD PROCLAIMED!

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah

55 months ago

FAITH-FULL in Florence, Kentucky said: GOT FAITH?WHEN YOU SEE ONLY ONE SET OF FOOTPRINTS, IT WAS THEN THAT I CARRIED YOU..........GOD PROCLAIMED!

Hi there, I really love that statement. Thank you for sharing that. God bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kiarbola in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

MA school is a scam and a ripoff. Have you ever looked at the ads for MA jobs? I have and they are all t least 2 years REQUIRED experience, as well as various certifications and the like. Thats even if you see any ads for them. the average that I have seen on Monster.com has been about 5 a month. And the pay for these jobs roughly $9.75/hr. I was making more at my old job! What a scam!!

Just volunteer at a hospital and get FREE experience that way.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.