medical assistant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (49)

Maria in San Antonio, Texas

88 months ago

I want to tell all the med. asst in all the U.S. Before graduation do excellent at externship try getting hired by that employer. After beeing in the same job for several years go out and find other options. At the beginning the pay is not great, what matters is the experince optained. After beeing a med. asst. there is nothing wrong with continuing your ed. I never regret having to work as a provider, C.N.A., med.asst,now an LVN and soon an R.N. People just have to be positive. Medical Assisting has been a step to my success. I love the doctors I work for and I have been loyal and a dependale employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

REBECA in West New York, New Jersey

88 months ago

I'M DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, I'M BEEN LOOKING FOR JOB 3 WEEK ALMOUST 4 AND I JUST HAD 2 INTERVIEW THEY SAID THAT I HAVE TO WAIT 1 OR 2 WEEKS AND IS ALREADY 1 AND THEY HADNT CALL, THE OTHER INTERVIEW THE DOCTOR PAYS 8P/HR, WHICH IS SOCKS!!!! BUT I ALREDY APPLY FOR MY EXTERNSHIP IN ONE CLINIC, DO KNOW KNOW HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES?? I MEAN I DONT WANT TO GIVE UP BUT I FEEL LIKE A LOOSER, I WENT TO SCHOOL FOR NOTHING AT THE END I'M GOINT TO WORK IN SOMEWHERE ELSE AND I DONT WANT THAT..DO YOU KNOE WHAT ELSE I HV TO DO?????????????????????/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joaquin in New York, New York

88 months ago

are you near the westchester count area?

REBECA in West New York, New Jersey said: I'M DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, I'M BEEN LOOKING FOR JOB 3 WEEK ALMOUST 4 AND I JUST HAD 2 INTERVIEW THEY SAID THAT I HAVE TO WAIT 1 OR 2 WEEKS AND IS ALREADY 1 AND THEY HADNT CALL, THE OTHER INTERVIEW THE DOCTOR PAYS 8P/HR, WHICH IS SOCKS!!!! BUT I ALREDY APPLY FOR MY EXTERNSHIP IN ONE CLINIC, DO KNOW KNOW HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES?? I MEAN I DONT WANT TO GIVE UP BUT I FEEL LIKE A LOOSER, I WENT TO SCHOOL FOR NOTHING AT THE END I'M GOINT TO WORK IN SOMEWHERE ELSE AND I DONT WANT THAT..DO YOU KNOE WHAT ELSE I HV TO DO?????????????????????/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

not really closed it may take me like 1 hour to go why???????? are someone hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Yes, I am, what are you looking for? F/T or P/T, send me your resume to jmofficemanager@verizon.net or call me at 914-725-0800
Joaquin Mendoza

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

deon lofton in Stratford, Connecticut

88 months ago

I am looking for a medical assistant position as well. A fulltime position to be exact I have been in the medical field for over a yr. I am currently avaliable now. if you have or hear of any job offers please email me at Deon1717@yaho.com. I have a resume and with good refrences. Please help.

Medical Recruiter in Manchester, New Hampshire

88 months ago

I am a recruiter with a national medical staffing firm and unfortunately your problem is a common one. So many schools have sprung up that there are tons of graduates, and the entry level spots are actually the most competitve; getting your first year of experience is the hardest part of your whole career, believe me. 99% of facilities will not even look at resumes without a year of experience.

Maria in San Antonio gives some good advice. Be patient, and try your hardest on your externship, do anything to get the job, even if they pay is low at first. You have to look at it as an investment in yourself and your career.

You can also try registering with every medical staffing agency in the phone book. Some might not call you back; don't take this as an insult, they are very busy too, and if they don't have a job that will hire new grads there is nothing they can do. However, on some level it's a numbers game, so if you register with every one you widen your net and hopefully one will be able to pull a string and help you get your foot in the door. (Try Winston Staffing, I think the have a massive presence in NY)

You should also consider applying at the American Red Cross. They have been known to train Phlebotomists and Medical Assistants to be Donor Collection Assistants.
Look up Medical Labs online or in the phone book; even if you don't see an ad, send your resume to Quest, LabCorp, etc. Maybe you can get started in Phlebotomy or Medical Lab Assisting.

Good luck, I hope some of this might have helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Joaquin in New York, New York said: Yes, I am, what are you looking for? F/T or P/T, send me your resume to jmofficemanager@verizon.net or call me at 914-725-0800
Joaquin Mendoza

HELLO I TRIED TO SENT YOU MY RESUMEN BUT IT FAIL I DONT KNOW WHY. PLEASE YOU ME THE ADRESS AND TIME YOU WANT ME INTERVIEW.I'LL GO!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Call me.

87 months ago

give me the extention

87 months ago

just dial 4 and ask for me.

87 months ago

Rebecca, please try to call again ext 13, try to fax only during the day 8:30a-5p

87 months ago

i'm glad you send me a massage but it's really far away, westchester for me is like 3 hrs far away,. i not working yet!.i'm really sorry i cannt make it. but thank you so much.

87 months ago

ok good luck in your search. Thanks for responding also.

87 months ago

thank you so much.please please , please in case you know something please e-mail me.i really really need a job.

87 months ago

do you know if there is train transportation? or what bus does go there?

e

86 months ago

REBECA in West New York, New Jersey said: I'M DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, I'M BEEN LOOKING FOR JOB 3 WEEK ALMOUST 4 AND I JUST HAD 2 INTERVIEW THEY SAID THAT I HAVE TO WAIT 1 OR 2 WEEKS AND IS ALREADY 1 AND THEY HADNT CALL, THE OTHER INTERVIEW THE DOCTOR PAYS 8P/HR, WHICH IS SOCKS!!!! BUT I ALREDY APPLY FOR MY EXTERNSHIP IN ONE CLINIC, DO KNOW KNOW HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES?? I MEAN I DONT WANT TO GIVE UP BUT I FEEL LIKE A LOOSER, I WENT TO SCHOOL FOR NOTHING AT THE END I'M GOINT TO WORK IN SOMEWHERE ELSE AND I DONT WANT THAT..DO YOU KNOE WHAT ELSE I HV TO DO?????????????????????/

they r hiring alot here in clifton nj look at want ads in the record newspaper a ton of MA jobs. its kinda far for u but mayb it will b worth ur time.

e

86 months ago

REBECA in West New York, New Jersey said: do you know if there is train transportation? or what bus does go there?

there is a tain station rite here in clifton
nj transit
the bus too i no of someone who comes form jersey city by bus to clifton everyday.
its a start really, get the record newspaper and u wil c the mass MA jobs if u r bilingual u r a shoe in

e

86 months ago

e said: there is a tain station rite here in clifton
nj transit
the bus too i no of someone who comes form jersey city by bus to clifton everyday.
its a start really, get the record newspaper and u wil c the mass MA jobs if u r bilingual u r a shoe in

oops, i meant train station nj transit

rebeca in Festus, Missouri

86 months ago

do you have that # please sent that to me

86 months ago

thanx for that information,
thanks alot can sent that # for me please

86 months ago

i live in west new york nj.

rebeca west new york nj in Festus, Missouri

86 months ago

thanx a lot, but can you kind and sent me any # they gave? fax or phone? please.i want a medical assistant job so much.
thanks .REBECA

MARIE in Northfield, New Jersey

86 months ago

I JUST GRADUATE AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND I CAN'T FIND A JOB.

paula

86 months ago

rebeca in Festus, Missouri said: i live in west new york nj.

i dont have specific #'s but get the nespaper there r so many MA'S job offers in the local papers.
NJ transit will take u here to passaic county area and the NJ bus service too

mcclure in Aloha, Oregon

86 months ago

REBECA in West New York, New Jersey said: If I understand corectly you are applying for an externship then you do not get paid for that.If you do that is a new one to me.Starting out in this field the money IS BAD big time.I started out making $12.60 but after 6 months I let it be known I was shopping around for more money.(don't try this at home,I was very very good at what I did)plus I was also a surgical tech so I took a $6 pay cut.So Iwas offered a job for $15 and my employer offered me $13.50 to stay.I stayed another 3 months and was offered $14.50 my job would not offer anything else.I eventually went back to the surgical tech field because once you are accustomed to making so much money it is hard to live on less.Financially I am much happier now.But that's my situation,hang in there don't give up.

Sarah in Ludlow, Massachusetts

86 months ago

My name is Sarah I live in Salem, Mass And I am attending The SALTER SCHOOL to receive my MA certificate!!!!!!!!! After reading these emails and previous ones in the past it is very disturbing to me, that I may not be able to fined a job after spending 7 months in school. I'm supposed to start my externship in two weeks and I am graduating on 11/30 . At first i wanted to become a MA to save money to go to Indonesia and find my kidnapped son!! I haven't seen himm in over 5 years but now im afraid that I got into the wrong feild.!!!!! If its going to take jme a year to get my foot in the door and then another year to start making decent money then im afraid that I will never see my son again!!!!!!!!!????????????????

86 months ago

IM READY TO GIVE UP ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

86 months ago

My name is Sarah I live in Salem, Mass And I am attending The SALTER SCHOOL to receive my MA certificate!!!!!!!!! After reading these emails and previous ones in the past it is very disturbing to me, that I may not be able to fined a job after spending 7 months in school. I'm supposed to start my externship in two weeks and I am graduating on 11/30 . At first i wanted to become a MA to save money to go to Indonesia and find my kidnapped son!! I haven't seen himm in over 5 years but now im afraid that I got into the wrong feild.!!!!! If its going to take me a year to get my foot in the door and then another year to start making decent money then im afraid that I will never see my son again!!!!!!!!!????????????????

tom

86 months ago

i will be done with my medical assistant class soon i will be starting externship in 2 weeks i live in nj anyone know how hard it is to get employment or what starting salary would be

shirley in Imperial, Missouri

86 months ago

i dont know you but i'm medical assistant and i did everything and i coulnd get a job as medical assistant now i'm working in something else totally nothing to do w/ medical, but i'm really happy w/ my job.salary is good i'm offices manager assistant.but the true is that i couldnt do what i loved to do.but whatever!!!!!!!! no one cared.

shirley in Imperial, Missouri

86 months ago

dont gave up like me , sometimes i feel really sad, 'cause i could get into madical field.but i hv a good job.....i dont really recommending to go to school for medical assistant is just wasting your money and time,

marc in Schaumburg, Illinois

82 months ago

Sarah in Ludlow, Massachusetts said: My name is Sarah I live in Salem, Mass And I am attending The SALTER SCHOOL to receive my MA certificate!!!!!!!!! After reading these emails and previous ones in the past it is very disturbing to me, that I may not be able to fined a job after spending 7 months in school. I'm supposed to start my externship in two weeks and I am graduating on 11/30 . At first i wanted to become a MA to save money to go to Indonesia and find my kidnapped son!! I haven't seen himm in over 5 years but now im afraid that I got into the wrong feild.!!!!! If its going to take jme a year to get my foot in the door and then another year to start making decent money then im afraid that I will never see my son again!!!!!!!!!????????????????

oh hey whats up

kathy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

ive been a rma for 10 years ,,,at first it is hard to get a job ,,but hang in the ,,when i first started i was making 8 an hours no benefits,,,now i have a union job ,full benefits and make 17 hourly,,and a pension,,,so just hang in there

Sybil in Detroit, Michigan

82 months ago

Maybe some of you should take a look at your resumes. If your resumes look anything like what you've typed on here, NO WONDER you can't find a job.

Shan in Barrington, New Jersey

78 months ago

kathy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: ive been a rma for 10 years ,,,at first it is hard to get a job ,,but hang in the ,,when i first started i was making 8 an hours no benefits,,,now i have a union job ,full benefits and make 17 hourly,,and a pension,,,so just hang in there

I'm in South Jersey & am trying to do my externship in NJ or Phila area. I would prefer nights but I'm not sure if that's available. Any insight where I should apply? Do you know if anyone actually pays you for extership?

KATHY in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

NO PAY 4 INTERN...AND YOU GET DOGGED GOOD LUCK

Martins in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire

78 months ago

My Dear I am Martins Adodo from Abidjan- Cote D'Ivoire . I am in position of $6.3M USD which I intend to invest in Real Estate, Factory or any profitable investments in your country. I am looking for a reliable person that will help me to invest this money. Kindly update me if you can represent my interest or if there is any other lucrative Business in the area related to your fields do not delay to get back to me as soon as possible with further details. Please, replies to my personal email address: adodo_abj@yahoo.com or give me a call here +22566955410.

Thanks
Best regard
Martins Adodo.

Undecided in Eugene, Oregon

72 months ago

Maria in San Antonio, Texas said: I want to tell all the med. asst in all the U.S. Before graduation do excellent at externship try getting hired by that employer. After beeing in the same job for several years go out and find other options. At the beginning the pay is not great, what matters is the experince optained. After beeing a med. asst. there is nothing wrong with continuing your ed. I never regret having to work as a provider, C.N.A., med.asst,now an LVN and soon an R.N. People just have to be positive. Medical Assisting has been a step to my success. I love the doctors I work for and I have been loyal and a dependale employee.

Thank you for the positive attitude. I am considering enrolling in my community college's 1-year Medical Assistant program. I feel in order to be successful in this field you need to be proactive. I will soon be a CNA and will start working to gain relavent work experience. I'm learning Spanish. I have been volunteering in various public health clinics. If I enter the MA program I will feel confident about getting hired; it's all about being smart, professional, and selling yourself.

Jennifer in Sanford, North Carolina

72 months ago

Undecided in Eugene, Oregon said: Thank you for the positive attitude. I am considering enrolling in my community college's 1-year Medical Assistant program. I feel in order to be successful in this field you need to be proactive. I will soon be a CNA and will start working to gain relavent work experience. I'm learning Spanish. I have been volunteering in various public health clinics. If I enter the MA program I will feel confident about getting hired; it's all about being smart, professional, and selling yourself.

Great attitude..You rock!!!! Go for it you have a good head on your shoulder and would be a postitive role model for the MA profession.

Undecided in Eugene, Oregon

72 months ago

Jennifer in Sanford, North Carolina said: Great attitude..You rock!!!! Go for it you have a good head on your shoulder and would be a postitive role model for the MA profession.

Thank you. I feel that any career is what you make of it.

Jeri Monroe in Detroit, Michigan

71 months ago

Seeking medical Assistant in Detroit, Michigan. Mature. Please e-mail your resume to jajesuppor@aol.com. Thank you

ddvelez in Piscataway, New Jersey

70 months ago

Hello, I recently finised school to become an MA Would love to work in an office that does alot of hands on clinicals. I would love to here any information you have to give to me. Thanks Debbie

Ps located in a central part of NJ

dezirae in Salem, Oregon

69 months ago

i am looking to be a medical assistant.and i am really happy to be one to and i think is would be a good job for me.but hope to get a message back..
-dezirae raya-

dpezzulo18@aol.com in Bronx, New York

69 months ago

Hi
All the best!!! But keep in mind that being an MA is just a stepping stone. It gives you a good idea of whether you like the medical environment or not. On the other hand, its the type of career that limits you. If you work in an office you might be exposed to patient contact a bit more but will never leave the paper work behind and if you work in a hospital they will treat you like a CNA (certified nurses aide) Its all up to you. I wish you all the best and I am sure that whatever you decide to do you will shine. BUT IF YOU COULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND FINISH YOUR RN OR LPN DO IT DONT GET STUCK BEING A MA ALL YOUR LIFE.

Michelle Velez in West New York, New Jersey

51 months ago

Joaquin in New York, New York said: just dial 4 and ask for me.

Please help me,I am looking to get my experience as a medical assistant and no one will give me the chance so how am I suppose to get it if no one lets me.Im a very hard working person,wanting to start my career but at this pace,it seems that is going to take forever.I've done one hundred venipunctures at my school and I also got good recommendations in every class i took.I just need a chance to prove someone that im willing to give my all in this field if opportunity knocks.Please help me!

reninag@Yahoo.com in Garland, Texas

51 months ago

Hey there, I have been reading the above comments about Medical Assistant program and " KINDA OF WORRIED" but I am currently taking classes at Richland College and also I am volunteering at a local Hospital here in town and I am enjoying it also I pray whenever I do finish that would look wonderful on my resume but I have 1 and half semesters to attend to go. "PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR ENCOURAGEMENT" do when I am fished with my career.

Matt, NCMA in South Jordan, Utah

51 months ago

reninag@Yahoo.com in Garland, Texas said: Hey there, I have been reading the above comments about Medical Assistant program and " KINDA OF WORRIED" but I am currently taking classes at Richland College and also I am volunteering at a local Hospital here in town and I am enjoying it also I pray whenever I do finish that would look wonderful on my resume but I have 1 and half semesters to attend to go. "PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR ENCOURAGEMENT" do when I am fished with my career.

Hi there, You're on the right track. Keep volunteering where are at right now this will give you experience. Also always keep a positive attitude, and always pray. Good luck in school.

tammyc in Wylie, Texas

29 months ago

reninag@Yahoo.com in Garland, Texas said: Hey there, I have been reading the above comments about Medical Assistant program and " KINDA OF WORRIED" but I am currently taking classes at Richland College and also I am volunteering at a local Hospital here in town and I am enjoying it also I pray whenever I do finish that would look wonderful on my resume but I have 1 and half semesters to attend to go. "PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR ENCOURAGEMENT" do when I am fished with my career.

Hi I read your post on Indeed, that you are taking classes at Richland College. I want to take the course also, can you tell me about the entry exam I have to take to be accepted into the program.

Thank you,

Tammy

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.