Please HELP me find a job as a Medical Assistant!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

titi0108 in Elizabeth, New Jersey

47 months ago

I am in the same position. Eventhough I cannot help you(sorry), I know how hard that is to spend soo much money on trying to make money in a decent way and not be able to find a job. Its so bad that im stressed and sad. =(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

talfhouse@yahoo.com in Apache Junction, Arizona

46 months ago

Amal Smart in Irvine, California said: I just graduated from a medical assistant program in jun, and I was offered a job at my externship, but I had to refuse it because my husband had to relocate for his job. I got my certification hoping that I'll be more profitable but yet I can't find a job because I don't have experience. It doesn't matter how hard of worker I am, and how much I love what I'm doing! or how good I do my job! All that matter is that experience. You know, lots of people have the experience, but their so lazy working. All I do from the morning to the end of the day is looking for jobs. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Its the same here in AZ. In any position you go to school for, they almost always want 1-2 years experience. Someone has got to give that first experience to get it ... It does not make sense to me. The only advice I can give you is try offering to work for free like a internship .In return all you want is a letter of reccomnedation if you do a good job. sometimes you have to do that a couple monthes. that goes down as experience.It unfortunatly goes out of your gas and living money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sakinerBritton in Bronx, New York

45 months ago

Hello, My name is Nikki and I am trying to find a job as a medical assistant or as a medical coder, I took classes at Career Quest in Manhattan and I did a intern ship at a GYN Clinic in the Bronx and I still can't find a job. I am now thinking about going for a cna course because people say I would find work if I do cna right now I am HHA I am going to go back to college hopefully next year right now I am rasing my grand child I am a young grand-mom.But I would really like to upgrade my salary and experience by working in a office or clinic enty level for someone as a medical assistant if any one know where I can find one at please e-mail me at sakinerbritton@yahoo.com Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul 55 yrs old in Tampa, Florida

45 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble locating employment. This isn't going to help you, but I can tell you that you're not the only one experiencing that problem. I think that I made a big mistake recently by getting my diploma as a medical assistant.Why? Because it cost me well over $10,000.00 and here I sit,waiting,hoping, that someone will call and give me a chance to utilize my skills. I hear the same 'BS' every single day: "we're looking for someone with experience, sorry" What a mess. I know it's cliche, but remember: the harder you try, the better off you'll be. I honestly wish nothing but the best to all of you. Let's keep each other posted with what's going on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul 55 yrs old in Tampa, Florida

45 months ago

talfhouse@yahoo.com in Apache Junction, Arizona said: Its the same here in AZ. In any position you go to school for, they almost always want 1-2 years experience. Someone has got to give that first experience to get it ... It does not make sense to me. The only advice I can give you is try offering to work for free like a internship .In return all you want is a letter of reccomnedation if you do a good job. sometimes you have to do that a couple monthes. that goes down as experience.It unfortunatly goes out of your gas and living money.

Very well said...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tatiana in Warren, Michigan

45 months ago

Amal Smart in Irvine, California said: I just graduated from a medical assistant program in jun, and I was offered a job at my externship, but I had to refuse it because my husband had to relocate for his job. I got my certification hoping that I'll be more profitable but yet I can't find a job because I don't have experience. It doesn't matter how hard of worker I am, and how much I love what I'm doing! or how good I do my job! All that matter is that experience. You know, lots of people have the experience, but their so lazy working. All I do from the morning to the end of the day is looking for jobs. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

We are multispecialty group in Metro Detroit are looking for experienced medical assistant.
Email to akson@msn.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

christina in Chino, California

45 months ago

please let me know when any jobs available

sassycassy

44 months ago

I am at my extern site now. I live in Joplin Missouri and I have paid $37,000 for my schooling and am now being told by lots of people that I will never be able to get a job as an MA because of where I attended school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nancy DenningMatthews in Nashville, Tennessee

44 months ago

You should find the site's for the Hospital's they will hire you...I know they will in Nashville...so try the big hospital's in your area.....apply for the office jobs you need that experience as well and allow's you to learn the patients needs as well... Good Luck. From Nashville

talfhouse@yahoo.com in Apache Junction, Arizona

44 months ago

I here that so much with friends and people I barely know It makes a person wonder why they went thu akll the schooling I'm suppose to start next month for my medical assistant . Bu everyone I know and very ad I see MUST HAVE1-2 Years Experience . Its heart breaking someone has got to give you that experience in orer to get it. Otherwise why go to school. I have 3 people I know going thru the same problm with being a medical assistant or even a nurse. even when you do thre internship its a rool of the dice 50/50 they have an opening for you when the internship is over. Now I dont dont know what to do, if I use all that time to go to school and then dont find a job Ilose everything house,car, ect... Cuase dont really have the money to be doinf this for 9 monthes and then not have a dime to my name and as they saty"no experience" I justwanted to let you know you are not alone!! Sincerly Taunia I'm soryy I truly am its not fair It makes want to go down the street and hold a sign up ""will work as a medical assistant went to scool!"" : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

44 months ago

talfhouse@yahoo.com in Apache Junction, Arizona said: I here that so much with friends and people I barely know It makes a person wonder why they went thu akll the schooling I'm suppose to start next month for my medical assistant . Bu everyone I know and very ad I see MUST HAVE1-2 Years Experience . Its heart breaking someone has got to give you that experience in orer to get it. Otherwise why go to school. I have 3 people I know going thru the same problm with being a medical assistant or even a nurse. even when you do thre internship its a rool of the dice 50/50 they have an opening for you when the internship is over. Now I dont dont know what to do, if I use all that time to go to school and then dont find a job Ilose everything house,car, ect... Cuase dont really have the money to be doinf this for 9 monthes and then not have a dime to my name and as they saty"no experience" I justwanted to let you know you are not alone!! Sincerly Taunia I'm soryy I truly am its not fair It makes want to go down the street and hold a sign up ""will work as a medical assistant went to scool!"" : )

Hi there, You really need to check your spelling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sandy in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

talfhouse@yahoo.com in Apache Junction, Arizona said: I here that so much with friends and people I barely know It makes a person wonder why they went thu akll the schooling I'm suppose to start next month for my medical assistant . Bu everyone I know and very ad I see MUST HAVE1-2 Years Experience . Its heart breaking someone has got to give you that experience in orer to get it. Otherwise why go to school. I have 3 people I know going thru the same problm with being a medical assistant or even a nurse. even when you do thre internship its a rool of the dice 50/50 they have an opening for you when the internship is over. Now I dont dont know what to do, if I use all that time to go to school and then dont find a job Ilose everything house,car, ect... Cuase dont really have the money to be doinf this for 9 monthes and then not have a dime to my name and as they saty"no experience" I justwanted to let you know you are not alone!! Sincerly Taunia I'm soryy I truly am its not fair It makes want to go down the street and hold a sign up ""will work as a medical assistant went to scool!"" : )

You might want to take a look at your spelling before you start whatever it is that you are starting-(medical assistant??-
classes? externship? job?) next month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

christina in Chino, California

44 months ago

I HAVE MORE THEN 10 YEARS EXPERINCE IN THE MEDICAL FIELD,ON TIME FRIENDLY WILLING TOO WORK EXTRA HOURS

yanney.... in San Francisco, California

44 months ago

I just graduated this January 11 as a Medical Assistant. Its true, mostly all jobs require experience. I havent lost hope, I still apply for those jobs. But, I am currently volunteering at a Medical Clinic. Eventhough I don't get paid, but I am still receving my experience. This will go great on your resume. Showing that you have completed certain hours just for free, it will make you stand up from the rest. Oh, and its even better once you have a reference letter :D.

So far I have 2 months and two reference letters. I love it there, to bad I cannot get hired cause its a free medical clinic.

MA Mom in Glendale, Arizona

39 months ago

Anyone help. I need a job to pay my student loan.

Qiana in South Holland, Illinois

29 months ago

Hello My name is Qiana and I recently graduated from school as a medical assistant in Feb. 2012. I got my certificate before I graduated. I have been out of school since then. I am looking for jobs sun up til sun down and everyone wants you to have experience how can someone get the experience if no one is trying to hire you because you dont have the experience. All I need is a chance to prove myself to people. Is there anyone who can help me?

tabitha ftank in new york, New York

29 months ago

You ladies need to think outside the box. For me, I had the highest grades in my class, all certifications. Ekg, phlebotomy, patient care tech, and I passed the RMA. I couldn't find a job as an RMA. I was either over qualified or under qualified. This is what I did:

I started looking into every area we studied in the program and rewrote my resume to be specific for each of those areas. For example, Phlebotomy, ekg, medical records...reception...even billing.

Let me tell you, this was hands down the best thing I ever did. I got hired in medical records making excellent $$$ and awesome perks.

Don't just focus on being an MA. Even if you look at it as temporary until you get enough office experience where an office will hire you as an MA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California

24 months ago

I am thinking about going to start a program here in southern california called Conejo Valley Adult Education. The certificate will be in Adminstrative and Clinical Medical Assistant with Phlebothomy Technician 1. The program is 20 weeks plus externship for Adminstrative and Clinical Medical Assistant 4 weeks and phlebothomy technician 2 weeks. The total cost is $4,899 that also includes the NCCT certification testing, test prep and skills workshop.

They have no job placement department

Klaireire in Bronx, New York

21 months ago

I have a Medca certification for medical assistant and landed a job really fast. They called me in for two interviews, but then hired me to start the following week. They seemed impressed with the Medca certification more than my diploma from medical assistant school. I am glad I landed a job fast because I know how hard it can be to find a good job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Harvey firestone in Europe

9 months ago

Hello,
Dear Applicant, I am contacting you as per response to your ad placing on the internet, Regarding you seeking a job. I'm an advertiser in a very big international Firm which is currently seeking for qualified hard working persons to fill the various offices, and vacancy in our company and the salary is high and lucrative and with a special Bumper package to follow with it. Please send your CV/resume with the job post that you want to apply for, to the following email address: Tomgate30@yahoo.com and I shall tell you more about this fantastic job offering which is currently on! Remember opportunity like this only comes but ones but trow away this offer. Thank you for you Time and have a nice day ahead of you. Email Again: Tomgate30@yahoo.com

Bluetea in Texas

9 months ago

Harvey firestone in Europe said: Hello,
Dear Applicant, I am contacting you as per response to your ad placing on the internet, Regarding you seeking a job. I'm an advertiser in a very big international Firm which is currently seeking for qualified hard working persons to fill the various offices, and vacancy in our company and the salary is high and lucrative and with a special Bumper package to follow with it. Please send your CV/resume with the job post that you want to apply for, to the following email address: Tomgate30@yahoo.com and I shall tell you more about this fantastic job offering which is currently on! Remember opportunity like this only comes but ones but trow away this offer. Thank you for you Time and have a nice day ahead of you. Email Again: Tomgate30@yahoo.com

LOL!

cheney in Surry Hills, Australia

1 month ago

My name is cheney from uk. I never believed in
love spells or magic until i met this spell caster once
when i went to Africa in may this year on a
business summit. I meant a man who’s name is
Dr george he is really powerful and could help cast
spells to bring back one’s gone, lost, misbehaving
lover and magic money spell or spell for a good job
or luck spell .I’m now happy & a living testimony
cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 3 weeks
before our wedding and my life was upside down
cos our relationship has been on for 3years. I really
loved him, but his mother was against us and he
had no good paying job. So when i met this spell
caster, i told him what happened and explained the
situation of things to him. At first i was undecided,
skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. And in
7 days when i returned to Canada, my boyfriend
(now husband) called me by himself and came to
me apologizing that everything had been settled
with his mom and family and he got a new job
interview so we should get married. I didn’t believe
it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and
my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do. Well
we are happily married now and we are expecting
our little kid, and my husband also got the new job
and our lives became much better. His email is
GeorgeOraclespelltemple@gmail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.