Medical Assistant Externship

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 100)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Rhonda in Woodhaven, New York

64 months ago

I am looking for any clinic or medical office that is willing to accept me to do my externship. I have had one interview and when that was over I was told to call the next day and he would let me know the time and place to report, when I did call him back his reply to me "Don't call me I will call you" why give me a positive response on the interview then you slap me in the face with a response like don't call I will call you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (213) / No (47) Reply - Report abuse

Kris in Union, New Jersey

63 months ago

Rhonda in Woodhaven, New York said: I am looking for any clinic or medical office that is willing to accept me to do my externship. I have had one interview and when that was over I was told to call the next day and he would let me know the time and place to report, when I did call him back his reply to me "Don't call me I will call you" why give me a positive response on the interview then you slap me in the face with a response like don't call I will call you.

Im from Jersey... idk if your familir but a good company that I did my externshipo at is NJ Heart. They have 6 or 9 different locations throughtout NJ.... so9me that i remember off the top of my head are Newark, Union, Elizabeth, Monroe, Linden, Hillside. I was in Elizabeth.
The ppl there were nice, helpful, generous, and they love their pts... well most of them Lol. If yhou dont mind the commute it's a good place too try. If you try the Elizabeth one work with Bibe and a CMA... real cool person. Love her. She became my second mother while was there. No disappointments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

jamespittman in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

63 months ago

i am a student at Kaplan college and I am about to start my externship and I keep hearing how hard it is to find a job and that we go into a world where the doctor and nurses rule the world and looks down on us and we are left to do the dirty work and that when we get out in the working world that we dont have the proper knowledge we need and to sell ourselves I feel if you have learned all it is we need to what do they want us to do i really say kiss my azz this program is full of shht and when I graduate i plan on going to school to be a surgical tech because the men in this field dont get their fair treatment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

celerinarosas in San Diego, California

62 months ago

I GRADUATED ABOUT A MONTH AGO FROM CITY COLLEGE AND TIL NOW I HAVN'T BEEN PLACED TO BEGIN MY EXTERN. I'VE BEEN APPLYING TO DIFFERENT PLACES BUT THEY ALL ASK FOR EXPERIENCE AND I DON'T HAVE IT SO HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET THE CHANCE TO ACTUALLY GET THE EXPERIENCE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

charita.deboise@yahoo.com in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

MY NAME IS CHARITA I AM ATTENDING MEDICAL SCHOOL WILL BE GOING FOR EXTERNSHIP IN NOV. LOOKING ANY CLINIC OR HOSPITAL THAT IS WILLING TO ACCEPT OR EMAIL ME THANKS IN HOUSTON,TX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Traci Erwin in Akron, Ohio

58 months ago

My husband and I will be moving to San Antonio, TX by the first of the year due to his position in the Air Force. I'm just finishing the Medical Assisting program, however, my school requires me to start my externship by January 4, 2010, or they will drop me from the program. Please e-mail me if you have any good recomendations. Thank you!

Traci

traci_erwin@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

brenda in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

charita.deboise@yahoo.com in Houston, Texas said: MY NAME IS CHARITA I AM ATTENDING MEDICAL SCHOOL WILL BE GOING FOR EXTERNSHIP IN NOV. LOOKING ANY CLINIC OR HOSPITAL THAT IS WILLING TO ACCEPT OR EMAIL ME THANKS IN HOUSTON,TX

charrita this is brenda i find some for my buy i don't like the place i look some one ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal Campbell in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

I am going to my externship in a few months and Im looking for my externship in advance. The problem is I cant find an externship thats close to my house. The thing about that is I have to drive farther than my school location if I were to want to go to my externship. My house is 68 miles just a trip there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Maria Serrano in Van Nuys, California

53 months ago

Hi my name is Maria Serrano,Im looking for an externship near Van Nuys,ca. I go to United Educational Institude. Im ready to start working in my new carrear by may 3. If you know of any let me know ill appreachiate it. Email me at gorety5@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Royal Oak, Michigan

53 months ago

I will be doing my externship in Medical Assisting around the end of September. I was told that if I wait for the school to arrange the externship, I may be waiting six months AFTER my classes have ended as there are not enough externships to allow all the students to get one through the school. I don't want to wait, I need to start working asap after my externship is over. Does anyone know of any facilities that take MA students for an externship in the metro Detroit area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Claudia Contreras in Chino, California

53 months ago

Hello, I am a Medical Assistant student at UEI in Ontario, CA. I am looking for an externship; I am willing to travel up to 30 miles from Chino. My e-mail is crcontreras@live.com

Thank you for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Malissa Meadows in Vancouver, Washington

52 months ago

HI my name is Malissa Meadows, and I am looking for an externship.I am going to my externship in a few months and I'm looking for my externship in advance. If you are interested please feel free to E-mail me and we will see how it goes. Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dana Malone in Monroe, Georgia

52 months ago

I am looking for an clinic, urgent care or Doctors office that has afternoon hours to do my externship. I need 160 hours logged in order to receive my degree. A few areas I am looking for are Barrow, County, Gwinnett, County, Walton County and surrounding.
I hope someone can help me out. I have 2 weeks to find a place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn in Crosby, Texas

52 months ago

Does anyone know of a good clinical site for externship for an MA with a 4.0gpa from Sanford Brown Northloop? I am looking for a place which will allow me to complete 160 hours starting ASAP. I live in Crosby, TX...so anywhere in east Houston or Humble, Atascocita, Kingwood, Baytown, Pasadena. If you have any info, please email me at lynn @ lynnhowell dot com. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

52 months ago

Lynn in Crosby, Texas said: Does anyone know of a good clinical site for externship for an MA with a 4.0gpa from Sanford Brown Northloop? I am looking for a place which will allow me to complete 160 hours starting ASAP. I live in Crosby, TX...so anywhere in east Houston or Humble, Atascocita, Kingwood, Baytown, Pasadena. If you have any info, please email me at lynn @ lynnhowell dot com. Thanks!

Hi Lynn, Your school should be helping you find a site to do your extermship. You also check the local free clinics in your area, the VA Hospital would be a good place to start. May even your family Doctor might be able to guide you in the right direction. I hope everything goes good for you and may God be with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MARIA MORENO in El Cajon, California

52 months ago

Hello my name is Maria Moreno, and I am looking for a place to have my externship done as a medical assistant, here in San Diego Ca, if you have something for me please fell free to contact me at josesitosalusita123@yahoo.com looking forward to hear from you. I do have some experience as a caregiver working with the elderly people, I been doing these kind of job for at least fifteen years, and I do have some experience with children too beecouse I been a nannie for a long time, so if there is anybody that can help me out to do my extership in their medical site, I will aprecated if can help me please, thank you.

sincerely
Maria Moreno.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

52 months ago

MARIA MORENO in El Cajon, California said: Hello my name is Maria Moreno, and I am looking for a place to have my externship done as a medical assistant, here in San Diego Ca, if you have something for me please fell free to contact me at josesitosalusita123@yahoo.com looking forward to hear from you. I do have some experience as a caregiver working with the elderly people, I been doing these kind of job for at least fifteen years, and I do have some experience with children too beecouse I been a nannie for a long time, so if there is anybody that can help me out to do my extership in their medical site, I will aprecated if can help me please, thank you.

sincerely
Maria Moreno.

Hello Maria, May I suggest trying the free clinics in your area its a great experience for helping others. If you know a local Doctor in your area. Good luck in your journey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachelle in Deltona, Florida

52 months ago

Your school/institution is the one that sets up externships unless you have a specific company/physician in mind and can set this up. I graduated last year, and my school took care of everything and even gave me a choice on where I wanted to go, like a hospital vs a private physician. It seems to me you need to be talking to the head of your department at your school and stay on top of them, this is your future, don't just sit on your hands or you'll never get anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jbraziel in ftlauderdale florida in Santa Ana, California

52 months ago

HEY CONGRADULATIONS TO EVERYONE IN MEDICAL SCHOOL I AM GOING ON EXTERN AT THE END OF JULY ANY TIPS OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I AM REALLY NERVOUS AND EXCITED. OUR SCHOOL EVEREST INSTITUTE PLACES US AT OUR SITE WITHIN 1 WEEK AFTER COMPLETING OUR CLASSES GOOD LUCK TO ALL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rossstudent in Livonia, Michigan

51 months ago

I go to Ross in Redford, in 3 weeks I will begin my externship. I was worried that they couldn't place me and I started nagging them and the next day they told that interview was today at 2:00. I'm nervous and actually came to this site because I thought it would give sound advice about my interview. Good luck everybody

MK in Baytown, Texas

50 months ago

Medical Assistant externship sites in baytown texas....?
please does anyone know of a good clinical site for externship for an MA with a 4.0gpa. I am looking for a place which will allow me to complete 160 hours starting in September..so anywhere in Baytown or east Houston.. i'm new to this state and i started MA school when i came here so i don't really know my way around here...

I appreciate any help thank you.
my e-mail is mkaluv21@yahoo.com

kstrawther in Antioch, California

50 months ago

Hello! i just finished a medical assisting course a couple months ago and my school has not placed me in an extern. they have up to 6 months-to a year to place me. I cant wait that long i live in the east bay but am willing to commute pretty much anywhere at this point any suggestions would be great thank you!
ktstrawberry@sbcglobal.net
-katie

Geetu sharma in Springfield, Virginia

50 months ago

I am a student at ACT college.i will start my externship in 23,Aug.if you have any good recommendations please. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

I am a student at ACT college.i will start my externship in 23,Aug.if you have any good recommendations please email me at geetukaran_88@yahoo.com

50 months ago

I am a student at ACT college.i will start my externship in 23,aug.if you have any good recommendations for places to do my externship please email me at geetukaran_88@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

angelanderson in Portland, Oregon

50 months ago

brenda in Houston, Texas said: charrita this is brenda i find some for my buy i don't like the place i look some one ..

What the hell does sentence this even mean?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

babygurl in Dallas, Texas

49 months ago

celerinarosas in San Diego, California said: I GRADUATED ABOUT A MONTH AGO FROM CITY COLLEGE AND TIL NOW I HAVN'T BEEN PLACED TO BEGIN MY EXTERN. I'VE BEEN APPLYING TO DIFFERENT PLACES BUT THEY ALL ASK FOR EXPERIENCE AND I DON'T HAVE IT SO HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET THE CHANCE TO ACTUALLY GET THE EXPERIENCE.

look into some doctors offices or privately owned family offices or family care...im currently going to school to be a medical assistant and u just have to look all over or go to a school that has job placement i go to ati career training school and they have job placement

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

future_m.a in Fort Worth, Texas

49 months ago

babygurl in Dallas, Texas said: look into some doctors offices or privately owned family offices or family care...im currently going to school to be a medical assistant and u just have to look all over or go to a school that has job placement i go to ati career training school and they have job placement

I also go to ATI in North Richland Hills and we have to find our own extern site which I think is a hoax because thats what they are here for I wonder what are we paying them for besides the education? I go into extern 2 months and I hope I don't have a problem finding some where to extern at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Atlanta, Georgia

48 months ago

Dawn in Conyers, Georgia said: Good luck finding an extern out there. I finished school May 27 and my school hasn't found any extern for me yet. I have been to just about every doctors office in conyers and covinton with no luck.

Did you ever find an externship? I live in Atlanta and have already received my diploma but I want to do an externship so I have a better chance finding a job and to get certified.

Monica Mitchell in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

My name is Monica Mitchell and I have just finished my CMA course at Centinela Valley in the city of Hawthorne, CA and I am looking for an externship facility. I am reliable and punctual and able to start immediately. Any facility will be great for experience but I would love to work in pediatrics, ob/gyn, or geriatrics. Please feel free to email me any time at monimo0914@yahoo.com. Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Thank you
Monica Mitchell

Vernika Allen in Saint Louis, Missouri

48 months ago

Hi! My name i vernika allen and I have not started my externship yet. I hope that I do find a place where I can do my externship. I am looking right now on websites but they aren't any help.I hope that I can find a job as a medical assistant. They make it look as simple on the commercial and on the brochers.
Sincerly
Vernika Allen

Matt, NCMA in South Jordan, Utah

48 months ago

Hi there, Try a free clinic in your area or at your local hospital. You also might to check with your family Doctor to see if he could let you do your externship at his office or if he might know some Doctors that might be able to help you. Good luck in your journey.
Sincerely,
Matt Edler, NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Future M.A in Fort Worth, Texas

48 months ago

Matt, NCMA in South Jordan, Utah said: Hi there, Try a free clinic in your area or at your local hospital. You also might to check with your family Doctor to see if he could let you do your externship at his office or if he might know some Doctors that might be able to help you. Good luck in your journey.
Sincerely,
Matt Edler, NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Thank you for the insight

Future M.A in Fort Worth, Texas

48 months ago

future_m.a in Fort Worth, Texas said: I also go to ATI in North Richland Hills and we have to find our own extern site which I think is a hoax because thats what they are here for I wonder what are we paying them for besides the education? I go into extern 2 months and I hope I don't have a problem finding some where to extern at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I go to ATI also so I will see in a month this is my last mod so we will see

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sherri Johnson in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

I am currenty attending Everet Institure as A Medical Asssistant, I will be completing this course in about 6 months or so. I am in search of a Hospital or Clinic that I can do my externship at and or become hired with the company. I wanted to seek a position particularly in the pediatric unit where the maternity ward is taking care of the newborns. However slthough I am interested in this area of field I will also work in pediatric with children as well as adults in a hospital clinic etc Some Hospitals may include Texas Children Southwest Memorial Herman Hospital MD Anderson,Northwest Memorial Willowbrook Methodist St. Joseph and so many more including all clinics and govermental Hospitals and clinics. I would also work in an Eye Doctor Clinic and PT OT SPEECH THERAPY. I am a very hard worker and very dependale and a fast learner. I have strong organizational skills.My relevant experience is Administrative Assistant,Working/care for children and Elderly also preparing nutritional meal for children and Switchboard Operator Please contact me if you have any available position that meets my qualification for work now! And for future externship. Foe possible externship please email me you fax number and/or mailing address so that I can send a letter of acceptance to you to sign and I CAN TURN IT BACK IN TO MY SCHOOL. HOPE TO HERE FROM YOU SOON! : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Holly in Lilburn, Georgia

47 months ago

Kim in Atlanta, Georgia said: Did you ever find an externship? I live in Atlanta and have already received my diploma but I want to do an externship so I have a better chance finding a job and to get certified.

I'm in my last quarter at Gwinnett College. My instructor has sent me on 2 externship interviews, the last one was this morning. No luck yet. She is encouraging us to go out and find our own externships, but I have a problem with this, as I had to pay the school $1200 for the externship itself.

JONATHAN FELTON in Quinlan, Texas

47 months ago

My wife is currently attending Snford and Brown college in Dallas, Tx. I am trying to find her soe possible externship programs in And Dallas, Mesquite, Garland, Rockwal, Terrell, and surroundng areas. If anyone has any possible locations we can ry it would be very helpfull. You can e-mail me at jonathanfelton@rocketmail.com. Any and help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

lucyad13 in Carlsbad, California

47 months ago

Hi my name is Lucy im 24 years old and im a bilingual individual, who just gradutated from medical school and looking for an opportunitu to do an extern site and build up my skills to prepare for my future growth job.

lucylu13 in vista, California

47 months ago

Hi my name is Lucy ,im a 24 bilingual college graduate from a medical school.Looking for an exciting opportunity to start my externsite with a medical company and provide great and excellent customer service and work for 160 hours of my free time .I will build up my skills that i have and further more knowledge and respectfully get a positive feedback and grow within the medical field for future growth.

Erin in Winder, Georgia

47 months ago

Dana Malone in Monroe, Georgia said: I am looking for an clinic, urgent care or Doctors office that has afternoon hours to do my externship. I need 160 hours logged in order to receive my degree. A few areas I am looking for are Barrow, County, Gwinnett, County, Walton County and surrounding.
I hope someone can help me out. I have 2 weeks to find a place.

What school requires only 160 hrs?

Emily in Pompano Beach, Florida

47 months ago

I am currently looking for an externsite. I was placed in an office who is spilting up. So my cordinator sent me home today. I feel like I am stuck looking for my own externsite. I don't no where to begin. Money is tight so I am stuck calling before I go. My school is supposed to help. I am earger to learn and move forward from MA to LPN. I have to finish my extern first. So I can get a job to finish the next year. I live near coral springs fl. if anyone knows any places to go.

daniellelittle111 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

47 months ago

Claudia Contreras in Chino, California said: Hello, I am a Medical Assistant student at UEI in Ontario, CA. I am looking for an externship; I am willing to travel up to 30 miles from Chino. My e-mail is crcontreras@live.com

Thank you for your time.

Hello, I hope you have found your externship. I am in the same situation I live in Rancho cucamonga can you give me some recommendations on who to call. I have been calling local doctors in my area and have had no luck yet.

sherrig818@gmail.com in Atlanta, Georgia

46 months ago

Linda in Orlando, Florida said: I am a student at Everest University. I will start my externship in January. If you have any good recommendations for places to do my externship please email me at lindahughley@yahoo.com.

Hello--I am also a student at Everest in Jonesbro, GA. I am within a couple of weeks of my final class in Medical Assisting. I don't know how it is where you are, and all I can say is good luck to you. There are a lot of opportunities in Atlanta if you have the right credentials. Once again, GOOD LUCK!!

wright.shuntae@yahoo.com in Richmond, Virginia

46 months ago

My name is Shuntae

I graduated from a Career Training Center currently have a Associate degree in Health care Administrative and I am certified. I Will like to have a opportunity To do Externship in a doctors office or hospital to have some job training skills most jobs I apply for in this field required 2-3 years experience in medical office setting or your qualification doesn't meet our requirements If anyone knows a place to go or call I Live in Richmond.

lilmama in Santa Ana, California

46 months ago

Hi my name is crystal mcgee. I go to everest college as a maa. I am looking for a externship as soon as possible. This is my last month here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

zaida rivera in Washington, District of Columbia

46 months ago

my name is zaida rivera
i'm about to graduate of medical assistant from samz collage i'm willing for my externship if someone has good recomendation please email me at zaida10.0@hotmail.com i really apreciate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mimi in South Orange, New Jersey

45 months ago

Kris in Union, New Jersey said: Im from Jersey... idk if your familir but a good company that I did my externshipo at is NJ Heart. They have 6 or 9 different locations throughtout NJ.... so9me that i remember off the top of my head are Newark, Union, Elizabeth, Monroe, Linden, Hillside. I was in Elizabeth.
The ppl there were nice, helpful, generous, and they love their pts... well most of them Lol. If yhou dont mind the commute it's a good place too try. If you try the Elizabeth one work with Bibe and a CMA... real cool person. Love her. She became my second mother while was there. No disappointments

i live in jersey. what do they have you do at nj heart? and do you think they accomodate evenings?

Ana Galindez in Grand Rapids, Michigan

45 months ago

I graduate as a Medical Assistant in May of 2011.I am begining to do my searches now for an Externship that i not only can show my skills, but i can also grow from the experiences they have to offer. I am a very punctual, hard working, and a very good team player. If given the chance to work with you I'm positive you will not regret it. Although it is just an Externship i take it just as serious as if i was actually getting paid for it. I enjoy helping others that's why I am becoming a Medical Assistant. I thank you now for just taking the time out to read this and put myself into thought.

Sincerely,

Ana Galindez

NurseNikki in Fort Worth, Texas

45 months ago

What city and state are you in?

Utaka Alexander in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

I am looking for an externship. I am willing to work at any time/ I have 160 hours to do so. I really do want to be on the medical team with you. I have been attending texas school of business for the past six months. I have one more month here. So please give me a call or you can e-mail me. I will be looking forward to be hearing from you.And you have a nice day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.