MEDICAL ASSISTANT IN CALIFORNIA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

kelsi1257 in Sun City, California

58 months ago

HELLO MY NAMES KELSI. I LIVE IN RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA IM GOING TO BE STARTING CONCORDE COLLEGE ON MONDAY AND I WAS JUST WONDERING IS IT GOING TO BE HARD FOR ME TO FIND A JOB ONCE I GRADUATE AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT? HOW CAN I START LOOKING FOR PLACES I CAN WORK AT? DID ANY ONE GRADIATE FROM CONCORDE IN SAN BERDINO? HOW DID THE MEDICAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM WORK OUT FOR YOU? I JUST DONT WANT TO SPEND ALL THIS MONEY AND NOT BE ABLE TO FIND A JOB! PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amber in Oxnard, California

58 months ago

well its hard looking for a job.. and if the school is not helping you.. i just graduated on friday and i have six cerifacates right now and i still cant find anything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California

22 months ago

kelsi1257 in Sun City, California said: HELLO MY NAMES KELSI. I LIVE IN RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA IM GOING TO BE STARTING CONCORDE COLLEGE ON MONDAY AND I WAS JUST WONDERING IS IT GOING TO BE HARD FOR ME TO FIND A JOB ONCE I GRADUATE AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT ? HOW CAN I START LOOKING FOR PLACES I CAN WORK AT? DID ANY ONE GRADIATE FROM CONCORDE IN SAN BERDINO? HOW DID THE MEDICAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM WORK OUT FOR YOU? I JUST DONT WANT TO SPEND ALL THIS MONEY AND NOT BE ABLE TO FIND A JOB! PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I will be starting concorde college North Hollywood campus in the San Fernando Valley in 2 weeks. What did you think of the program because I read alot of negitive review on line. Of course that could be from students who did not take the program as they should have.

I am a 52 year old male on unemployment who through the WorkSoruce which is partly funded by the city of Los Angeles will pay for the program while I am on unemployment.

How was your externship and did you find a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ButterFlyLife in Bay, California

19 months ago

Hi KELSI - I didn’t go to Concorde but I went to Unitek College’s Medical Assistant program in Fremont. I was able to find work within a few months of getting out of school.

Searching for work can be a full time job itself and it was not the easiest thing to do! I would get on all the job sites every day, look through all the papers around here, call places, and just sent out resumes to all the healthcare places, I figured why not right?! I even went into some of the places so they could see how much I wanted a job that I was willing to spend money that I don't have on gas so I can get a job.

Everyone that says they can’t find jobs just need to be patient as the interview process takes time. I know we don’t have time to waist when bills are piling up, but that’s the only advice I can offer. : )

I sent out so many resumes, received so many letters that companies received my resumes I thought wow can’t atleast 1 person call me back?! Then the ones that do call you, you have an interview, and then may not hear back from them, others call you back a few times as they narrow their list down. It can really work on your spirit but keep your head up, something good is out there for all of us.

Give it time and a little prayer and everything will work out for you.

Good luck XOXO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California

14 months ago

ButterFlyLife in Bay, California said: Hi KELSI - I didn’t go to Concorde but I went to Unitek College ’s Medical Assistant program in Fremont. I was able to find work within a few months of getting out of school.

Searching for work can be a full time job itself and it was not the easiest thing to do! I would get on all the job sites every day, look through all the papers around here, call places, and just sent out resumes to all the healthcare places, I figured why not right?! I even went into some of the places so they could see how much I wanted a job that I was willing to spend money that I don't have on gas so I can get a job.

Everyone that says they can’t find jobs just need to be patient as the interview process takes time. I know we don’t have time to waist when bills are piling up, but that’s the only advice I can offer. : )

I sent out so many resumes, received so many letters that companies received my resumes I thought wow can’t atleast 1 person call me back?! Then the ones that do call you, you have an interview, and then may not hear back from them, others call you back a few times as they narrow their list down. It can really work on your spirit but keep your head up, something good is out there for all of us.

Give it time and a little prayer and everything will work out for you.

Good luck XOXO

I live just north of Los Angeles and everyone wants 1 year experience or they want experience and be able to speak fluent Spanish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.